Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-13-2021, 09:28 PM   #2241
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I think the Aoyi Mech figures are the ones we're talking about here. So, for example, all the repaints of SS-38 Bumblebee movie Prime. There are a few others too.
Oh we are talking knock offs? It's not what I consider third party.
Was thinking more of those original figures from 3ed party companies. I have never seen any of those sell for the same price as retail fig of the same size/class we are talking about here.

A KO should be cheaper since nothing was spent on design or R&D.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:49 PM   #2242
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Which 3rd party deluxes are cheaper than 30$?

Less option if you only looking to buy with Deluxe price, I think most will be KO. But now-a-days Hasbro put Voyage class into Leader class or even Commander class, or those ridiculous MP class With that price tag range, you can buy a lot 3rd party toys with better build, better articulation, more accessories.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:02 PM   #2243
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Less option if you only looking to buy with Deluxe price, I think most will be KO. But now-a-days Hasbro put Voyage class into Leader class or even Commander class, or those ridiculous MP class With that price tag range, you can buy a lot 3rd party toys with better build, better articulation, more accessories.
Yeah, definitely agree on the MPs. But I thought we were talking standard retail toys and in most cases, what is sold at retail is still cheaper than the 3P companies.
Also, and this could just be a fluke, but I have regretted almost all my 3P purchases so far. Always seemed too fiddly or more expensive than they should be (remembering Appolyon or the 3p predaking I got). The only one I kept is that cool AOE Lockdown but it's too big to go with any other toy I own. Still a cool piece though.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:05 PM   #2244
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Oh we are talking knock offs? It's not what I consider third party.
Was thinking more of those original figures from 3ed party companies. I have never seen any of those sell for the same price as retail fig of the same size/class we are talking about here.

A KO should be cheaper since nothing was spent on design or R&D.
Yeah, I really don't think there are any original 3P figures that are deluxe size at the $30 price point (maybe Legends size).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:01 PM   #2245
Grayfox
Crossover

I've been finding the prices for TFs to be too high for a few years now (Obviously I'm not alone). So I decided to not pre-order all I want right away telling myself I'll try and grab the figures on sale sometime after they release. Well, I find that this strategy works less and less often.

It's as if it's either pay full price for pre-order (or on release if you can actually find the figures) or straight to aftermarket prices. Like, there's barely any room in between these days where figures can be found for cheaper. Either because sales don't happen or the figures just vanish off the shelves (if they make it there at all, that is)

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like more and more we are being "forced" to pay full price. The Selects line being a great example of figures never going on sale (99% of the time, anyway).

Last edited by Grayfox; 08-13-2021 at 11:05 PM.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:06 PM   #2246
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
I've been finding the prices for TFs to be too high for a few years now (Obviously I'm not alone). So I decided to not pre-order all I want right away telling myself I'll try and grab the figures on sale sometime after they release. Well, I find that this strategy works less and less often.

It's as if it's either pay full price for pre-order (or release if you can actually find the figures) or straight to aftermarket prices. Like, there barely any room in between these days where figures can be found for cheaper. Either because sales don't happen or the figures just vanish off the shelves (if they make it there at all, that is)

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like more and more we are being "forced" to pay full price. The Selects line being a great example of figures never going on sale (99% of the time, anyway).
Yes sales are unpredictable. You can preorder and pay full price and the figure is never found in store in which case you did the right thing. Or it shows up in boatloads and is on sale for 50. Percent off when it's too late to return your full price preorder. Sigh.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 10:10 AM   #2247
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Yeah, definitely agree on the MPs. But I thought we were talking standard retail toys and in most cases, what is sold at retail is still cheaper than the 3P companies.
Also, and this could just be a fluke, but I have regretted almost all my 3P purchases so far. Always seemed too fiddly or more expensive than they should be (remembering Appolyon or the 3p predaking I got). The only one I kept is that cool AOE Lockdown but it's too big to go with any other toy I own. Still a cool piece though.

I do think we are comparing standard retail toys to 3rd party ones. Now the standard retail prices (including voyager, leader, commander class, titan, or MPM) are so expensive, really make not advantages over 3rd parties.

My collection is about half official/half 3rd party. I do think most of the case 3rd party figures looks and feels better than official ones, the official ones usually win in transformation though.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:57 PM   #2248
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
I do think we are comparing standard retail toys to 3rd party ones. Now the standard retail prices (including voyager, leader, commander class, titan, or MPM) are so expensive, really make not advantages over 3rd parties.

My collection is about half official/half 3rd party. I do think most of the case 3rd party figures looks and feels better than official ones, the official ones usually win in transformation though.
My 3rd party stuff is limited (including some KOs) but almost all of them I got at either on par for pricing or darn close, or much better for what I got.

Transformation and quality for all of them is the same, on par or better, but accessories, the 3rd parties are MUCH better.

Bit by bit, for the prices that I can get as close to par, I'd now probably go more with the 3rd party stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Yes sales are unpredictable. You can preorder and pay full price and the figure is never found in store in which case you did the right thing. Or it shows up in boatloads and is on sale for 50. Percent off when it's too late to return your full price preorder. Sigh.
You forgot the pre-orders that disappears, that got pushed back and those that get cancelled.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:13 PM   #2249
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
My 3rd party stuff is limited (including some KOs) but almost all of them I got at either on par for pricing or darn close, or much better for what I got.

Transformation and quality for all of them is the same, on par or better, but accessories, the 3rd parties are MUCH better.

Bit by bit, for the prices that I can get as close to par, I'd now probably go more with the 3rd party stuff.

You forgot the pre-orders that disappears, that got pushed back and those that get cancelled.
Yup those too. Coneheads, Rodimus, g2 ramjet have all evoporated. It's a crap shoot fer sure. Because of all so much unpredictability, pre orders seem to be a first attempt at securing a figure. If you find it in the wild, then you try to cancel the preorder if it's not too late. This happened to me recently with Galvatron. Still waiting for Walmart but got it from EB already .
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:26 AM   #2250
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Transmutate on tru website
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote