Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-05-2015, 08:21 AM   #1
JohnathanKong
Generation 2
Nippon Yasan Cancellation

Hey Guys,

Have any of you guys cancelled from Nippon Yasan? I pre-ordered Devastator a while back but when toys r us had the sale on him, I picked him up from there instead. I sent an email to NY and they said that they don't cancel orders. I didn't pay anything yet, so I won't lose money, but they said that if I don't pay they will delete my account. Is this typically how NY works?
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Nippon Yasan Cancellation

Some online companies do that if someone pre-orders and constantly cancels. I don't know about NY, I know Automaton has a policy in place and I had to cancel a few items in the past without issues. For example, of all the things I bought from them over the years, I had to cancel 3 pre-orders and Mario was good about it. I'd email, explain why, and he did it. It was stock they hadn't gotten in yet, mind you. They do have a policy to have the right to deny further sales to a customer if they are pre-ordering and cancelling more often than keeping their order, which in my opinion is understandable. If they order stock based on pre-orders, last thing they want is left overs that may not sell.
If this is your first time cancelling with NY, I dunno what to say to that. You can argue it I guess, but I have never bought from them.
I just briefly looked at their site to try and find their policy but couldn't see anything. Maybe I need an account for that or I wasn't looking hard enough. I know with HLJ.com I have cancelled pre-orders without issue in the past as well...So I would search NY's site for an actual policy on cancellations.

Last edited by joshimus; 10-05-2015 at 08:55 AM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #3
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I had one cancelled order with NY. I basically just don't pay for the my order once they emailed me that stock came in.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #4
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

Yea, Mario was awesome. I bought some stuff from him and cancelled one order and he let it go. I understand that cancels put resellers in a bad situation which is why I feel bad about NY. I thought there might have been a communication issue between them, so I wanted to get more opinions to see if I should try something else incase they are able to cancel the order to the supplier.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:34 AM   #5
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

I cancelled once from NY last year. There was no issue and no problem.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:52 AM   #6
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

I just canceled my UW Devastator order today with them. Sent them a message on Facebook, they replied, canceled it without any issue, hasn't affected my account at all.

EDIT, just don't be an ass with them and you shouldn't have a problem and don't do it consistently.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #7
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

All I wrote was,

Hello, is it possible to cancel this order?

And their response was

We don't accept any cancellation on a pre order paid or unpaid.
Following too many cancellation we do not accept anymore cancellation paid or unpaid.
Our suppliers do not allow us any of them now
Any unpaid order or cancellation will conduct to the termination of your account.

I don't know if I should keep badgering them or just leave it. As said I've never ordered from them, but I feel bad either way by just not paying... but not bad enough to drop 250 on top of the devastator that I purchased from Toys r Us.

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 10-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #8
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

It depends on your purchase history. Probably they wouldn't give me any hassle since I've purchase numerous items from them in the past. If this was your first order with them, they get all "no soup for you!" a la The Soup Nazi. I don't get that business practice. I'm moving away from N-Y purchases cause I think there are better options out there.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #9
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

If I ran an online store I'd have a very "no soup for you" policy when it came to cancellation. And I'd take a deposit for every pre-order just because I know how these things go... Because of constant sales, and multiple stores getting the same items all priced differently, I've just stopped pre-ordering anything and just wait for everyone to get theirs in stock. I've never missed out on anything yet.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:19 AM   #10
python
Alternator

A few of us had issues with NY with the Tracks pre orders being requested to pay the end of last month when every other site had it updated to middle of November.

I told them in email I would not be paying and they could close my account if they wanted to lose my business to a competitor.

They extended my pre order. I have tons of history - and I know they don't want to lose my sales. But they will if they keep pissing me off.

Bottom line - if they close you down - it's their loss.
python is offline   Reply With Quote