Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #1
JohnathanKong
Generation 2
Future Floor Polish

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to know what future floor polish I should be using to seal chrome. I was reading a lot of horror stories on tfw about MP 28 Hot Rod and now I'm becoming paranoid. My Scoria had chrome chips, but thankfully replacement parts were available for me. Here's the site that I pulled from tfw:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

I see all the different names, but I don't see what it's called in canada. I know it's pledge, but there's a lot of different types. I assume that it's this one,

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pledge-w.../6000016951678

but I want to confirm with others first before I start slapping that stuff all over my figures.

Also, can I just put that on everything or do I specifically have to start taking pieces apart? I'm trying not to remove the parts because I tend to round out screws. What happens if I only apply the polish to easily accessible areas or "high traffic" areas? Will the non polished parts start to fade prematurely vs the polished parts?
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #2
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: Future Floor Polish

That's the right stuff you've got linked there, but I've only ever used it to tighten up loose joints. I've never used it as a paint "sealer" before so I'm not sure if it would really help with preventing that chrome chipping or whatever seems to be going on with that figure. I can tell you if you take it apart and plan on literally soaking every nook and crevice of that figure, he's going to be tough to transform or pose if you lay it on too thick.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:38 PM   #3
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

I've used it lots to seal acrylic paints on miniatures (since you can't spray indoors in the winter... Unless you hate yourself) but I'm not sure how it will work with chrome. I've been thinking of testing it out on jetfire's chrome, but I'm not sure that's the same thing.

I'm not saying it is or isn't the correct one, but the one you linked applies pretty level if you coat small amounts with a paint brush. Buy a $2 size 0 Princeton round or shader.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #4
timcrook
Cybertron

For tightening joints, I find I don't need to unscrew any parts. I use a wooden BBQ sqewer to apply and wipe off any extra that drips out.

I've never used it to protect a chrome finish but you'll probably want to use a brush.

Over time the Pledge floor polish can wear out, just reapply.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:58 PM   #5
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

I have the extra chrome part from scoria to try it on. Thanks for the info everyone.

As for chrome, do any of you use anything to prevent flaking and wearing out?
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:49 PM   #6
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanKong View Post
I have the extra chrome part from scoria to try it on. Thanks for the info everyone.

As for chrome, do any of you use anything to prevent flaking and wearing out?
No, up to now I call those "battle damage".

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote