Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #21
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Villains Revealed

I think it is funny that Daniel knows so much about Transformers and Catwoman Cup size.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #22
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I like the news. Bane was definitely a surprise, but I can see it working in the Nolan-verse. Can't be any worse than Bane's first time on screen.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #23
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I wish they'd stop including Bane in the Bat-movies. Much like Doomsday, unless you're going to end the movie with the main character dead/majorly F-d up, there is no reason to include those characters. Since that was the SOLE reason for their creation in the first place!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #24
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

I hope Tom Hardy brings a little bit of "Bronson" into his characterization of Bane.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...tional-trailer

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #25
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Meh.

I don't want to be that guy, but this movie has a long way to go to live up to Dark Knight and Hathaway/Catwoman are not doing it for me. Ledger's Joker still gives me the creeps.
I'll just go ahead and be that guy: as good as TDK was, it wasn't as good as Begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechy View Post
She's gonna be hot as Catwoman.
Oh yeah? Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
^^^
C-Cup going on D-Cup.

I can't see Anne being a good Catwoman. She is a small B cup (she did 2 nudes scenes already so we know how those puppies look "unbinded" and everything every is push up bras and photoshop) and when you take breasts like that and put them in a skin tight leather suit, she will look well..... unimpressive.

Past Catwomen:
1966 - Julie Newmar - 60s Batman Season 1-2 (C-Cup)
1967 - Lee Meriwether - 60s Batman Movie (B-Cup)
1967-1968 - Eartha Kitt - 60s Batman Season 3 (C-Cup)
1992 - Michelle Pfeiffer - Batman Returns Movie (C-Cup)
2004 - Halle Berry - Catwoman Movie (C-Cup)

With the exception of the blip on the radar that is Lee Meriwether, all women that had to "FILL" the costume were also packing in the breast department. This is going to be a hard sell
Are you for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
I don't understand why, we praise Nolan for the movie, but blame Bale for the voice. The "voice" was used all the way through the first one, and the only reason it stands out in the second is because of the poorly written conversation between Bats and Joker at the semi-end of the movie. Also Nolan's fault. Then he gave us Inception. Then Bale gave us the Dicky Ekland. All is forgiven.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I wish they'd stop including Bane in the Bat-movies. Much like Doomsday, unless you're going to end the movie with the main character dead/majorly F-d up, there is no reason to include those characters. Since that was the SOLE reason for their creation in the first place!
...uh...what?
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #26
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Bane was not the mindless smash 'em up character when he was introduced. Yes he was physically intimidating, but the dude was smart. He figures out who Batman is and them mentally fucks with him until he can take him down. I can see Nolan focusing more on the mental than the physical.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #27
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Yes. Bane in his first storyarc is great.

Yes, he was strong enough to "break" the Batman. But it took a lot of planning to pull that off. If he'd just charged Batman right off the bat, he'd have been taken down - but instead he wore Batman down to exhaustion then ambushed him in Wayne Manor.

Remove the Venom dependency (which is sorta moot these days as save for a few occasions, he's sworn off Venom since the end of the Knightfall arc) and he's a fairly good villain for a Nolan flick. He's intelligent, not one prone to mindless rage (going off first appearance, mind), and more than a match for Batman.

Joker was the anti-Batman - embodying all that Batman was against.

Bane is more dangerous because of how LIKE Batman he is. If Nolan plays it right, too, Bane doesn't even have to be evil to work - he can just be out to take down Batman as either an intellectual exercise or because the Bat is wanted for murder.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #28
Protoman
The Legend

What can I say, I know my tits.

Anyhow in the end I don't see this working out.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #29
pud333
Animated

Nonononononononono. Not her. Really? Sigh. Well, at least she has decent curves. As for the breast size that some keep harping on, Michelle Phiffer (sp?) didn't have huge bazongas and she was pretty effective as Catwoman. Clearly Nolan sees something in Anne that I don't. So I'll trust him. Even if he did hire droopy-eyed-pudgy-faced Katie Homes for Begins.

Dude playing Bane is a decent choice.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #30
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
People said..."Heath Ledger as Joker? Brokeback Mountian...wtf?"

...how did those movies turn out?
Exactly. Anne Hathaway seems like a odd choice now, but how will we feel about it when the film in finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
I don't understand why, we praise Nolan for the movie, but blame Bale for the voice. The "voice" was used all the way through the first one, and the only reason it stands out in the second is because of the poorly written conversation between Bats and Joker at the semi-end of the movie. Also Nolan's fault.
I don't think the conversation between Batman and Joker was written poorly at all. The main reason, IMO, why the raspy voice stood out more in Dark Knight than Batman Begins was because the voice sounded like it was modulated this time around to sound even more different than Bruce Wayne's normal voice. I understand why Nolan did it, but the result was a garbled inaudible mess. However, with that said, you can understand why Bale choose to do that with his Batman portrayal. I mean, if your going to cover your face so no one can recognize you, you got to cover your voice too somehow, right?

So far, there are 3 options off the top of my head:

1) Batman TAS: Have the Batman voice be your real voice while the Wayne voice is the disguise.

2) Batman Forever: Have the Wayne voice be soft spoken and gentle while the Batman voice is strong, loud and authoritative.

3) Batman and Robin or 60's Batman: Don't bother at all, use the same voice for both.

I don't know what the perfect solution is, but what use is the disguise if anyone can tell Wayne and Batman sound like the same guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Bane was not the mindless smash 'em up character when he was introduced. Yes he was physically intimidating, but the dude was smart. He figures out who Batman is and them mentally fucks with him until he can take him down. I can see Nolan focusing more on the mental than the physical.
Exactly. I thought Bane was the dumb strong meathead seen in Batman and Robin until my friend informed me of how cunning the dude is in the comics. I always thought Bane would make a fantastic choice for the villain in DKR, glad to see it actually happening and Tom Hardy is a excellent choice to play him.

Last edited by ConvoyGTR; 01-21-2011 at 03:26 AM.
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote