Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > Toys and Collectibles

Old 05-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind
Indiana Jones Figures

So I don't know about you guys, but I have been waiting a very long time for Indiana Jones action figures and due to a certain new movie, my wish has been granted.

I will be honest and say that at first glance these figures did very little for me. Some of the paint apps looked off and it didn't capture the Indy look, but I may have been swayed. I picked up the Indiana from the first Raiders sequence with the Idol ($9.99 @tru) and I was pretty happy.

The Good:
-Feels much like a new age Star Wars figure. Good Articulation: 360 at the shoulders, elbow and knee.
Typical hip joints and swivels at the ankle and neck.
-Sculpting of Hat, Jacket and satchel look great. Figure has good storage for trademark pistol and Whip.
- Good accessories: 2 Whips (one folded and one ready for action), pistol and the golden Idol. Also came with a secret slab that ties in to the new movie.

The Bad:
- Paint applications are not great. My Indy look very surprised (big eyes), but it was the best from the bunch.
- I was hoping that Hasbro used the new 25th GI Joe figure body. Indy is a pretty active guy, but the toy is pretty rigid.

Overall the toy gets a 7 out of 10 from me. I am looking forward to picking up some of the supporting cast from the new movie, but I hope to see more from the past movies as they are filled with some very memorable characters...
Old 05-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine
Re: Indiana Jones Figures

I love them.I picked up a few at a convention this past weekend here in Montreal,and a local Wal-Mart carried a few as well.
Did a large assortment come out at your TRU?
Old 05-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
Team Jetfire

TRU had the fist wave of Raiders figures, deluxe packs and Vehicals.

Wal-Mart had the first wave of Crystal skull figures.

And both had the 12" figures.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

Thanks for the info.I'm going to check out my TRU tonight.I saw the deluxe packs at the convention but they were at "convention" prices so I opted to wait until they were released in the stores.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #5
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I picked up the 2 vehicles (planning a GI Joe dio) and they are awesome.

As for the figures I am pretty disappointed. The majority are poorly sculpted and I don't know what the sculptor was smoking when he did the Indy figure from the original movie. HORRIBLE!! The older Indy from Crystal Skull is much better. I'll pick up an Indy but that is probably all.

Also let me say, that while I am happy to see the Indy figs, they probably won't sell. I just don't see the kids running out to get Indy figs when there are Iron Man, Batman and Hulk figures coming out now with the movies.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

That's funny because I was just telling my buddy that.I like them because I'm a fan but I wonder how many kids will want a "Salah w/ torch". (: As a collector though,I love 'em.I'm curious to see what waves 2 and 3 will look like...
Old 05-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
Team Jetfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHCKWAVE View Post
That's funny because I was just telling my buddy that.I like them because I'm a fan but I wonder how many kids will want a "Salah w/ torch". (: As a collector though,I love 'em.I'm curious to see what waves 2 and 3 will look like...
That is so true, lol.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I love em' bought all the figures so far, just gonna wait and see on the three vehicles... if they go on sale sometime soon.

Oh and yeah the crystal skull indy is a way better face sculpt, makes me wonder why they didn't use it on the other figs?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
Old 05-08-2008, 02:26 AM   #9
onecoin
Banned

I saw the Indy Potato Head today. Freakin Hialrious. And the Plush Whip.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #10
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

Excellent point on the Indy face.I bought the "Raiders" and "Skull" versions and my "Raisers" Indy looks drunk. (:
Do they have plans to revisit the movie w/ future fig's?I'm wondering where Toht is?