Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-06-2021, 03:23 PM   #461
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrotitan View Post
If anything HE thinks he's entitled... to your money. Up front. Without actually sending you anything. He was more worried about taking his "fees" than actually providing me with any of the product I had paid for IN FULL over 7 months ago.

He probably believes we're all acting entitled, but he's confusing "entitled" with "expecting the business to meet the minimum standards of decent customer service."

It's our fault we're not fine with waiting infinity+1 months for orders to arrive

It's our fault we don't understand that he has no time to respond to customer service e-mails for weeks but sure can find the time to pounce on a bad google review or harass someone with a 5,000 word essay when he receives a CC chargeback filing

It's our fault we keep going to outside avenues like BBB or Google reviews or credit card companies instead of letting him string things along and do whatever he wants.

It's our fault we react badly to seeing him jack the price up on rare/hard-to-find stuff in response to fan demand.

Why can't we understand that he just wants to run a business where he takes your money up front and gives you what you want maybe if he gets around to it if he remembers to bring the stock in or even place the order for it in the first place?

We're so selfish for thinking we should get what we paid for within a sensible window of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Transformers collector here coming out of a hiatus. I preordered a few items from NMC Toys prior to seeing this thread. After reading pages upon pages of poor reviews among fellow collectors I decided to cancel my order before my CC dispute window closed.

I received a very vocal email from the store yesterday asking why it was brought to my CC's attention. It's not surprising at all at this point, that after almost two months of no correspondence on the store's end I get a reply almost immediately.

With that being said, do I follow up with his inquiry or do I let my Credit Card handle the dispute?

You're probably better off not responding to him. Nothing good will happen if he's already got his back up. All he'll do is offer you crap like store credit or just whinge at you more for being "terrible".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Respond back saying the person who manages your emails is not available right now.

Wait a few weeks first, then respond.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:34 PM   #462
steamwhistle
Crossover

I almost placed an order last year... so glad I did not.

He still operates.

This horse is not dead yet.

Please keep beating.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:54 PM   #463
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

You're probably better off not responding to him. Nothing good will happen if he's already got his back up. All he'll do is offer you crap like store credit or just whinge at you more for being "terrible".
It also gives him the opportunity to try and have the issue dealt with without the credit card company, where he's sure to dock 10% on the refund.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #464
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll let the Credit Card company handle the issue at hand and follow up with them.
100% agree with letting your CC company handle it.

He's only emailing you now hoping to scare you into stopping the chargeback process on your end because the only way he's going to be able to stop it on his end is to actually ship you the items that you ordered.

If you do ever get anything from him. You should have a witness to help film you opening the box to ensure what you received is what you ordered.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:38 PM   #465
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
It also gives him the opportunity to try and have the issue dealt with without the credit card company, where he's sure to dock 10% on the refund.
Another reason, he doesn't want people to talk to PayPal or to the credit card company is probably then there's no official track record of his shit behaviour, or how often it happens, other than your word against his and reviews which he can dismiss with his BS excuses. And there's no real consequences as long as he can keep luring people in.

BUT if PayPal and the credit card companies notice a lot of people complaining about his store and his practices, and the companies end up having to do a lot of refunds and charge backs, they might stop doing business with this guy.

If he can't use PayPal or credit cards, his online selling is sure to take a significant hit.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:55 PM   #466
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I started this thread almost two years ago for what I hoped was an isolated incident --- a few places sawdelays on those selects.

��������

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:57 PM   #467
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Respond back saying the person who manages your emails is not available right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
lol

Tell him you're backlogged and you won't accept him trying to jump the line to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
due to covid
Hahaha...
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:28 PM   #468
pringj
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
I started this thread almost two years ago for what I hoped was an isolated incident --- a few places sawdelays on those selects.

��������
I’m so glad you started this thread. It’s been a tough lesson but I’ll never order from any business again without first doing my research. I wish I’d seen this thread before I found NMCToys.
pringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:28 AM   #469
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringj View Post
I’m so glad you started this thread. It’s been a tough lesson but I’ll never order from any business again without first doing my research. I wish I’d seen this thread before I found NMCToys.
If you are ever looking into online sites you are unsure of, post the question here. Some sites look like you may question their legitimacy as a store and I have tried several of those sites based on what people here have said about them. So far, no issues. Some I used a couple of time for 1 or 2 figures I couldnt find, others I have preorders still with along with already shipped items. If you want real feedback and not google reviews, ask here.

Last edited by joshimus; 05-07-2021 at 07:31 AM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:25 PM   #470
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

He tried responding like a reasonable human being to the most recent 1 star review. He tends to do that when the review specifically mentions his shitty tone in other replies.
I bet the charade doesn't last long
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote