Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-30-2017, 01:11 PM   #21
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: How many Sharkticons?

I have one. I might get two more if I find them on sale.

I get the appeal to having a hoard of them, but to me, it's still just a mediocre figure. And sooner or later, I bet they'll make a better version. So no need to go overboard for me.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #22
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I have one. I might get two more if I find them on sale.

I get the appeal to having a hoard of them, but to me, it's still just a mediocre figure. And sooner or later, I bet they'll make a better version. So no need to go overboard for me.
Truth! I'm holding out for MP-94 Sharkticon.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:32 PM   #23
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Got 2 for myself. Not planning on getting anymore.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:33 PM   #24
steamwhistle
Crossover

How many sharkticons is enough? 185
How many sharkticons is too many? 13
How many sharkticons do you have? 2
How many sharkticons do you want? 86
How many sharkticons are you going to buy? 3

Saw 3 in store and bought 2. I couldn't bring myself to clear them out... Even with MP Soundwave -- I saw 3 and bought 2 (one for my bro, and one for me).

Haven't even opened my Sharkticons yet. I can see the appeal though... Cute little thing!

Having lots would be great, but really... just to be able to recreate a few scenes from a movie 30 years ago?

Maybe if I happened to come across more on sale, then I'd pick some up if I felt I had a few extra bucks at the time. But I won't be going out seeking more.

As noted, there are other things I'd rather spend $100 on, rather than more Sharkies of the same mold. I'd be more inclined to buy more Sharkies of different molds. It would make any diorama more interesting, than just having the same mold.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #25
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
How many sharkticons is enough? 185
How many sharkticons is too many? 13
How many sharkticons do you have? 2
How many sharkticons do you want? 86
How many sharkticons are you going to buy? 3

Saw 3 in store and bought 2. I couldn't bring myself to clear them out... Even with MP Soundwave -- I saw 3 and bought 2 (one for my bro, and one for me).

Haven't even opened my Sharkticons yet. I can see the appeal though... Cute little thing!

Having lots would be great, but really... just to be able to recreate a few scenes from a movie 30 years ago?

Maybe if I happened to come across more on sale, then I'd pick some up if I felt I had a few extra bucks at the time. But I won't be going out seeking more.

As noted, there are other things I'd rather spend $100 on, rather than more Sharkies of the same mold. I'd be more inclined to buy more Sharkies of different molds. It would make any diorama more interesting, than just having the same mold.
I enjoy 6 on my 86 movie shelf. It looks fun. Got the reprolabels set of 3 variants for a little flash. Cute figure and beast mode is perfect.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:13 PM   #26
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
I have no Sharkticons, and don't want any. I can see the appeal, but I don't feel the need to get any for myself.
Having said that, the only potential problem with buying as many as you can is that you may be preventing someone else from getting just one.
I realize that I am being a bit of a downer, but there it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
You aren't being a downer. You are making a MORE than valid point. All fans deserve at least one and people buying insanely more than they need is utterly greedy and ridiculous.
This.

Hell, I started a whole discussion about army building and how I think it's stupid and selfish.
If a store has 5 and you buy all 5, that means there are 4 fans, or kids, who won't get any, just so you can build a display that you'll probably have around until you get tired of it or need the space for other stuff.

Then probably all but one of them will be relegated to storage where you'll eventually forget that you have them at all, just to sell them off a few years later, probably for not much more than you paid for them because all the other army builder's, speculator's, and MOSC-er's will flood the market with them.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:16 PM   #27
ironclaugh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
This.

Hell, I started a whole discussion about army building and how I think it's stupid and selfish.
If a store has 5 and you buy all 5, that means there are 4 fans, or kids, who won't get any, just so you can build a display that you'll probably have around until you get tired of it or need the space for other stuff.

Then probably all but one of them will be relegated to storage where you'll eventually forget that you have them at all, just to sell them off a few years later, probably for not much more than you paid for them because all the other army builder's, speculator's, and MOSC-er's will flood the market with them.
Tell that to my 54 Vehicons that I bought post retail era which serve as a beautiful centrepeice to my collection ;p
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:32 PM   #28
Poflymn
Beast Machine
Poflymn's Ebay Auctions

Have you considered the OS Sharkitcons that are being released? I am looking forward to these guys!
Poflymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 06:06 PM   #29
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I don't care much about Sharkticons myself. I still have about a dozen Hasbro FOC Starscream and Kickback that I bought a few years back that I am currently customizing into different seekers.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:17 PM   #30
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
This.

I kinda see your point, but the way I look at it is that it's more likely that another collector will buy em up, just to sell them like you mentioned. For inexpensive guys like this, I don't mind troop building. And if I sell a bunch down the road, no biggie. But never do I feel like another collector is missing out because I bought three. That same collector could very well be me, so if it's something this inexpensive, see Legends, buy Legends. Plus, I'd sooner use them as trade bait with other collectors.