Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 07-05-2022, 12:08 PM   #11
TZX123
Beasty
Re: Transformers Legacy Voyager Armada Starscream & Beast Wars Inferno First Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post

Inferno, looks fine, but there's something off about it, and I can't figure it out yet. Possibly the tail not splitting into 4 sections to make his spinning jets thing, or maybe it's because the largest back section looks like a giant tongue licking the back of his head. It also doesn't look super complicated to warrant a "voyager" label. I'll wait to see what 26 steps are on this one.
Of course Inferno is off.
His butt is supposed to split into 4 large fins that works like a helicopter (which this new toy only has 3)
And he holds a blue single barrel shot gun, not a red 4 barrel gun.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:11 PM   #12
Prime Sinister
Animated
Re: Transformers Legacy Voyager Armada Starscream & Beast Wars Inferno First Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
Starscream, I'm wondering how much larger this one is than the deluxe we got in the T30 times, but with ankle tilts. Could be, the only thing larger is the price. And they really can't ever figure out what to do with arms in an airplane mode can they? Looks like G1 Powerglide under the wings.

Inferno, looks fine, but there's something off about it, and I can't figure it out yet. Possibly the tail not splitting into 4 sections to make his spinning jets thing, or maybe it's because the largest back section looks like a giant tongue licking the back of his head. It also doesn't look super complicated to warrant a "voyager" label. I'll wait to see what 26 steps are on this one.
Just saw Herogasm scene yesterday, so the ?tongue? doesn?t bother me.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 01:24 PM   #13
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
Just saw Herogasm scene yesterday, so the ?tongue? doesn?t bother me.
We are so desensitized by now. But the "ant-man inside" scene was by far more disturbing than anything in the herogasm episode. Ok, maybe not the Octopus part, but that was totally its idea.

In any case, this Ant Dude Inferno is a much needed improvement over the original 90's toy.
I wish they could have done the tail section differently, but like the other bug based bots, the stuff has to tuck under the back-end.
For my collection, I've got Scavenger as a super freaky version of Inferno, and we'll see if this one somehow replaces it.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:17 PM   #14
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

That Starscream is pointless. Pretty much the same as the T30 and they didn't even attempt to make the colors show accurate (and those weapons are ass).

Inferno on the other hand is a day one preorder.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:51 PM   #15
TZX123
Beasty

For those that needs a reminder of how inferno looks like in the show...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	250px-Spider's_Game_Inferno_Tigatron.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	52143  
Old 07-05-2022, 03:24 PM   #16
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZX123 View Post
For those that needs a reminder of how inferno looks like in the show...
And? I see your points but the toy looks awesome and way closer than ... The... Only toy he's ever gotten.

WHY THEY GOTTA DO MY ANT LIKE THAT

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:49 AM   #17
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Hmm... Armada Starscream doesn't look too bad. Including a Star Saber was a good choice (if a bit too simple in paint apps). But I'm still mulling over whether to by UT Legacy toys. The original ones were already REALLY good (particularly Cybertron - Armada was more just plain fun for gimmicks, not for poseability). And I sold them years ago... Feels weird to rebuy more expensive smaller versions (other than Metroplex).
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:04 AM   #18
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

I don't see any Mini-Con pegs on Starscream. That's disappointing. I don't expect them to add the mechanical gimmicks that the Mini-Cons would activate, but they could've at least included the peg.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:38 PM   #19
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Hehe...that wing that isnt a wing is going to be bothering me all day now
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:07 PM   #20
delrue
Crossover

If they had the wing sword everyone would be complaining about partforming. They don't include it and everyone complains the figure is a "step-down." It's a lose-lose.

The original sword looks like crap, this is a better option.

Last edited by delrue; 07-06-2022 at 05:41 PM.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote