Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-10-2021, 09:50 PM   #11
dragonx002
Generation 1
Re: What figure surprised you? Good or bad.

Good surprise for me was RED Megatron, quite posable, like the ab crunch and the plastic was not too bad. And he doesn’t look too bad on the shelf.

Bad surprise, loose knee joints on some figure and the loose wing issue with Sky Lynx when you deploy them in robot mode.
dragonx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:27 AM   #12
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

This whole line was fantastic! I've been lucky I haven't had any QC issues! Earthrise Optimus Prime was fantastic. The earthrise ironhide I really enjoyed same with trailbreaker. The Netflix Megatron though was one of the best surprises to have in hand he is perfect
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:41 AM   #13
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Well, I remember one time when I walked past one of my shelves, Devastator surprised me by jumping on my back and punching me in the face. I threw him to the ground and said, "WTF is your problem?"

Devastator responds, "All the TFs in this room hate you. You friggen never dust us. I'm the only one who has the balls to say it."

Boy, was that surprising. Now I have to sleep with one eyed open. Discharge, Lube, and Erector are always looking at me funny now. I'm scared. That's very bad.

What about ejector?😘

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:07 AM   #14
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Good:

I'd have to say Apeface. I was skipping it, seen lots of reviews, he didn't appeal to me. Found it for 5$ so "why not".

He IS a pain to snap correctly for that little final click, and it's amazing how solid he becomes when you get it. He is limited in some ways, but I've enjoyed it more than I expected.

RID Windblade: I didn't expect such a figure to be as fun as she is and has been a major favourite that no other figure since has really "stolen" her spot.

30th Chromia: she's an absolute darling of a figure.. the bad thing is getting the back wheels to close.

Bad:

Somehow Jetfire hits that twice.

The 30th is horribly fragile and for the price, I expected so much better.
Siege is a nice figure is many ways, but turned out that such a big figure doesn't have that much play value, and there's a lot of things that should have been done better for it, such as it's play value for the micromaster/headmaster is way too limited, and the amount of kibble in the plane's underbelly is bad for such a large figure. For the price, it should have been a lot better.

Kingdom Warpath... not so much that he's a bad figure, but the transformation is a pain, and I really was hoping for something that would give Generation a run (but it doesn't).

In the "both" category:

SS Blitzwing: he's a great figure, but the fact that he doesn't lock (chest) easily if at all (I found a way to make it hold) and the super cheap wing tips connectors.

Sunstreaker: Great figure and I love it, BUT absolutely crap gun/accessory, and the worst is the completely mix-matched paint/colours that makes him a horrible eyesore unless you are colour blind.

That's what comes to mind and not mentioning any figures that I consider so bad that I didn't even want to get them.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:10 AM   #15
RodimusRocks
Machine War

Love ER Wheeljack. He is so much fun to play around with a transform.

Also recently got God Neptune and boy is he wonderful. My first combiner and I was a bit on the fence because I don't like PW line toys but he turned out great.
RodimusRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:34 PM   #16
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Earthrise Wheeljack.

G1 Wheeljack was my first ever Transformers toy and I still have it, but it's all broken.

This Wheeljack is amazing, the paint, the car mode, the decals, just awesome.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:40 PM   #17
Magnimus
Alternator

ER Sky Lynx definitely took me by surprise. I never owned any version of this character, although I remember him fondly from the G1 cartoon. I only purchased him because I found him at a discounted prize on Amazon.com, so I took a gamble and had it shipped from the USA. Holy hell, he is fantastic. After I got the hang of how to securely attach the shuttle portion to the legs, I was totally blown away by the figure, especially its neck articulation. For such a large figure, I'm constantly taking it off my shelf and putting it on my desk to fiddle with while working. He's not my favorite figure of the line, but he was the most delightfully surprising.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:24 PM   #18
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I'm going to add a "bad" surprise.

ER Hoist/Trailbreaker.

I was never a fan of the figures before, but I guess I had some hope I would like these better. I guess that is on me, but I just don't like the look, feel, and transformation. I'm glad to get them in the collection, but if I had paid full price for them I would feel buyers remorse.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:45 AM   #19
cripnite
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Still can't get past the reused leg parts from Siege Prime. The unused hitch part ruins the look. Trailer looks cheap too, and should have had Roller. But yeah, with original legs and a more detailed trailer, it would be a fantastic toy. Torso transformation is great and full of twists.
Roller is in the Centurion Drone / Accessory pack. Really completes that Optimus.
cripnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 02:18 AM   #20
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Studio Series Deluxe Shatter Plane Versions...the transformations into the plane Alt Mode, a tribute to a Harrier Jet, is quite impressive, good paint and colour choice.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote