Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-24-2022, 01:15 PM   #71
TRUCKvsGUN
Re: Ages Three And Up - Product and PreOrder Updates

I'm sure Northmen Collectibles would be happy to have your business...

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:11 PM   #72
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

Honestly sounds like some of these online retailers are struggling to adapt and change to the new world we live in and this is not specific to A3U at all. Again the fact they want to communicate is a huge boon in their favor but....

As soon as the floods happened I know a lot of small business's in BC that were forced to ship through Purolator and UPS because they fly ground shipments to the cities and hubs they need to go... Floods on a highway are not going to effect this. Purolator and UPS service was interrupted for a total of 2-3 days when it happened. Its really easy to keep shoving packages down a pipe you know does not work without finding another solution.

I also see a lot of these online retailers have dogshit systems when it comes to recording inventory and getting orders out. A lot of them are not big enough to afford software to streamline this.. but to give you an idea... In the power transmission business we get 40 boxes and ~2 skids a day and they get received and 50-60 orders go out before 2 o clock daily by ONE person using every courier that exists in Canada. I dont know how many orders a basic online retailer puts out in a day but perhaps the person doing it is not being effective at it? Easy to label an inefficiency as a "challenge".

Anyway my point is.... a lot of business's are thriving in the current climate while a bunch of other business are just giving excuses. You will find companies that already have your money are "struggling" and have lots of "challenges" while others that take payment or invoice after delivery of goods are operating just fine. Just because a business used to run smoothly does not mean they still will when adversity hits their door.

Sorry just an objective look at the situation. I dont have any skin in this game.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:11 PM   #73
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
Honestly sounds like some of these online retailers are struggling to adapt and change to the new world we live in and this is not specific to A3U at all. Again the fact they want to communicate is a huge boon in their favor but....

As soon as the floods happened I know a lot of small business's in BC that were forced to ship through Purolator and UPS because they fly ground shipments to the cities and hubs they need to go... Floods on a highway are not going to effect this. Purolator and UPS service was interrupted for a total of 2-3 days when it happened. Its really easy to keep shoving packages down a pipe you know does not work without finding another solution.

I also see a lot of these online retailers have dogshit systems when it comes to recording inventory and getting orders out. A lot of them are not big enough to afford software to streamline this.. but to give you an idea... In the power transmission business we get 40 boxes and ~2 skids a day and they get received and 50-60 orders go out before 2 o clock daily by ONE person using every courier that exists in Canada. I dont know how many orders a basic online retailer puts out in a day but perhaps the person doing it is not being effective at it? Easy to label an inefficiency as a "challenge".

Anyway my point is.... a lot of business's are thriving in the current climate while a bunch of other business are just giving excuses. You will find companies that already have your money are "struggling" and have lots of "challenges" while others that take payment or invoice after delivery of goods are operating just fine. Just because a business used to run smoothly does not mean they still will when adversity hits their door.

Sorry just an objective look at the situation. I dont have any skin in this game.
To clarify on your last point, A3U gives you the option of paying when the item is ready to ship instead of upfront like most of the other online guys.

Otherwise I get your points, but I am a customer and I haven't ever had a problem with A3U. Every order has been fine for me. So I am a supporter which some will probably see as not a very objective opinion.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:29 PM   #74
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

I've been a customer exactly once, to grab the Takara version of Throne of the Primes - missed out on grabbing it via cons that year, figured better act while I could
must have been what, 3 years ago? anyways

I could go into detail but overall it was fine, I don't recall any great trouble/grievances about the order

What always keeps me away from A3U since then? is the higher than MSRP prices
Keeps me away from tftoys.ca too, while we're at it

EDIT -> actually I just remembered - I grabbed a Selects Tigertrack from A3U's booth @ TFCon 2021 for a flat 30 bucks - now that type of thing, I'm onboard with

Last edited by evenstaves; 01-24-2022 at 05:35 PM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:53 PM   #75
Soundwaves
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
There's always 2 sides to every story.

A3U has already admitted they're working to try and resolve the situation. They're getting volumes of emails and working through them doesnt happen overnight. Trying to continue to kick them while they're down is petty. Kinda speaks volumes of what type of person/customer you are.

You don't like them - don't buy from them.

Your blanketing statement that they don't treat customers with respect is likely purely out of your own situation and even then from what seems be a very jaded perspective.

I know A3U will go out of their way to correct issues if given the chance.
It's so weird for me when you get white knights for retailers.

It actually could easily happen overnight, all they have to do is dedicate the manpower.

I appreciate the tone and the answers that A3U has given here but just because they come on and explain their side, doesn't mean that it rings true for the people who've had issues. Especially those who continue too after they've seen the response on this thread.

Your post of "don't like them, don't buy from them" is probably the last thing A3U wants out there.

A lot of people won't, to be sure but you don't have that option when you're already in the middle of a transaction that you're frustrated with, as is the case for some posting here.

It's not up to customers to stop "kicking them while they're down". It's up the A3U to get back up again.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 03:25 AM   #76
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
A lot of people won't, to be sure but you don't have that option when you're already in the middle of a transaction that you're frustrated with, as is the case for some posting here.
I'd like to ask how many people who have had issues with A3U paid up front for their orders. For me, I've never paid up front. When they have the item in stock and it's waiting for me to pick up is when I have to pay. So, for me, if they don't deliver, they don't get my money, ever.

I'd like to do some compare and contrast here. Let's look at places like Amazon, TRU, Gamestop, and Walmart. I can always get a hold of someone for customer service. Heck, I can even get pretty words with lots of promises that make me feel better. Got that plenty when trying to get a hold of the Coneheads two pack. But then down the road my order gets cancelled because of reasons, and I don't get the item I ordered. Yet, people keep going back to these like a battered spouse.

With A3U, yes there have been delays. Yes, there have been issues getting responses. But at the end of the day, I've always gotten the product I ordered. Period.

I know which retailer I'll give the benefit of the doubt to, that one that comes through every time. Because at the end of the day talk is cheap. I'd rather hear nothing than a bunch of BS promising me delivery next month/week/soon.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:39 AM   #77
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I'd like to ask how many people who have had issues with A3U paid up front for their orders. For me, I've never paid up front. When they have the item in stock and it's waiting for me to pick up is when I have to pay. So, for me, if they don't deliver, they don't get my money, ever.

I'd like to do some compare and contrast here. Let's look at places like Amazon, TRU, Gamestop, and Walmart. I can always get a hold of someone for customer service. Heck, I can even get pretty words with lots of promises that make me feel better. Got that plenty when trying to get a hold of the Coneheads two pack. But then down the road my order gets cancelled because of reasons, and I don't get the item I ordered. Yet, people keep going back to these like a battered spouse.

With A3U, yes there have been delays. Yes, there have been issues getting responses. But at the end of the day, I've always gotten the product I ordered. Period.

I know which retailer I'll give the benefit of the doubt to, that one that comes through every time. Because at the end of the day talk is cheap. I'd rather hear nothing than a bunch of BS promising me delivery next month/week/soon.
Agreed. I've also finally hit the point where I don't have FOMO when seeing that everyone is already receiving their orders from other stores or finding figures are retail. I'm fine waiting. I know if I order from A3U or Toy Snowman or most of the other small Canadian stores (except for he who shall not be named), I'm going to get my stuff, it's going to be in great shape, and I've supported a small business. Good enough for me.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:34 PM   #78
UnicornIRL
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post

What always keeps me away from A3U since then? is the higher than MSRP prices
Keeps me away from tftoys.ca too, while we're at it

Interesting, I've bought from tftoys several times and their prices were always a few bucks cheaper than other places (at that time, at least).
UnicornIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #79
zirew_85
Machine War

Just wanted to chime in as I have ordered from A3U for years, at least 10 maybe and I have NEVER ever had any issues with getting my order. Other then the odd delay here and there.
zirew_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:48 PM   #80
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Never have issues with them either, there could be delay which is probably out of their control. I never like the old A3U. However since this current owner took over, I never have any issues so far.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote