Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-26-2021, 10:53 PM   #111
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

They seem to only have issues with preorders, not really in-stock items. I have two preorders from July 2020 with an August 2020 release and nothing yet from NMC. Sent an email to him and he said preorders are not set in stone. Full of excuses for items that literally every single other store got in-stock. Food for thought and lesson learned. We'll leave it at that.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:12 AM   #112
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Havent had serious issues with NMC for in stock items. For PreOrder usually asked for credit as his sales are pretty good if they were delayed.. I am fairly patient and try to support smaller companies even when there are delays, as long as they are honest. For me, he packed things well and gave me good conditioned items for those that counted. Maybe his distributors are not great at times. If you feel he isn't being polite no reason to take it from any seller. If there are delays you find unacceptable, speak promptly with your payment provider to ensure you are fully protected.

I think his address on Queen is not a shop, but his warehouse/storage. Maybe an appointment is required to purchase in person? I find he responds better on his ticket system.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:39 AM   #113
TRUCKvsGUN
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMCToys - not impressed

I will add my own experience here, since folks are taking another look at this business, and may be about to make the mistake of sending it their money. I had preordered items go unfulfilled for several months (10+), then requested a refund which went unanswered for over a month. When he did, he insisted the preordered items were about to be fulfilled; according to his website, they were not.

He kept 15% of my preorder as a "restocking fee" (note, there was literally nothing to restock), not 10%. I see his current website says he typically doesn't charge restocking fee, but he has many times in the past.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:52 AM   #114
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

It's very easy for people on the other side who dont run any form of online store to be narrowsighted in things that can go wrong or delays that may happen, especially during times of Covid. I'm not for nor against his policies, but websites have them for a reason. You read it before you buy from a site you've never bought from before. When you make your purchase, you agree to their terms. It's that simple. Don't like it, shop elsewhere. Also, sometimes being polite on asking to cancel may yield better results.

Where I am, delays from manufactures have been through the roof, and we take full payment up front. Mind you, we dont charge cancellation fees unless it's a 100% never stocked or plan to stock special order or parts, then we would take a restocking fee, but regular stock items, cancel is 100% refunded.

Sideshow has their NRD when you order as well. Sometimes they make concessions, like first time buyer or if an item is 3 months past expected release date or something like that, but generally, you cancel, they keep that NRD that you would accept their terms to.

I'm not here to defend him but I understand his point of view as well. I could understand if he 100% knew an item isn't coming in to do full refund, but if eventually it is, again, you agree to the terms of his site when you purchase, so that's also on the buyer.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:12 AM   #115
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMCToys - not impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
I will add my own experience here, since folks are taking another look at this business, and may be about to make the mistake of sending it their money. I had preordered items go unfulfilled for several months (10+), then requested a refund which went unanswered for over a month. When he did, he insisted the preordered items were about to be fulfilled; according to his website, they were not.

He kept 15% of my preorder as a "restocking fee" (note, there was literally nothing to restock), not 10%. I see his current website says he typically doesn't charge restocking fee, but he has many times in the past.

Is this even legal keep 15% of preorder fee and don't send out item?

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:47 AM   #116
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
It's very easy for people on the other side who dont run any form of online store to be narrowsighted in things that can go wrong or delays that may happen, especially during times of Covid. I'm not for nor against his policies, but websites have them for a reason. You read it before you buy from a site you've never bought from before. When you make your purchase, you agree to their terms. It's that simple. Don't like it, shop elsewhere. Also, sometimes being polite on asking to cancel may yield better results.

Where I am, delays from manufactures have been through the roof, and we take full payment up front. Mind you, we dont charge cancellation fees unless it's a 100% never stocked or plan to stock special order or parts, then we would take a restocking fee, but regular stock items, cancel is 100% refunded.

Sideshow has their NRD when you order as well. Sometimes they make concessions, like first time buyer or if an item is 3 months past expected release date or something like that, but generally, you cancel, they keep that NRD that you would accept their terms to.

I'm not here to defend him but I understand his point of view as well. I could understand if he 100% knew an item isn't coming in to do full refund, but if eventually it is, again, you agree to the terms of his site when you purchase, so that's also on the buyer.
The problems with this store started long before covid.

As for being polite --- yes, of course. Shop owner never seemed to get that memo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210126-144427_Facebook.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	48449  

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:10 PM   #117
starsaber89
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
The problems with this store started long before covid.

As for being polite --- yes, of course. Shop owner never seemed to get that memo.
Wish I knew about this before I placed a preorder back in November. Having trouble with this store as well. Never buying from them again.
starsaber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:11 PM   #118
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

The other thing is, is he even attempting to contact his so-called distributors to find out what's going on with his supply? If things were 2 months late for my store, I'd be worried, never mind 6 or 8 months. Also, yes, these issues with the store have been happening way before Covid (I'm talking a few years now). The 15% cancelation fee seems like an excellent way to make money, especially when your preorders are close to a year overdue. Chinese Ebay sellers are more reliable than this store.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 02:09 PM   #119
tz101
Machine War

I was reading this yesterday and thinking to myself. All of that nonsense and making a fool of your self over $28.
tz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:34 PM   #120
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Thank you for ensuring I never make the mistake of ordering from the clown, ever.