Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-04-2021, 02:15 PM   #31
cr3d1t
Beast Machine
Re: Netflix WFC: Earthrise discussion WITH SPOILERS!!!! Beware

There are a ton of good cartoon writers out there. If they hired at least one the show would dramatically improve.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:41 PM   #32
Sunburst
Generation 1

Finished the series today and the overall impression I got was there was way too much stuff crammed in the six episodes, and a lot of it feels wasted. For instance, the whole episode 5 could've been erased without changing the story in my opinion. There are some interesting concepts however, like the station stuck in space bridge. Shame they didn't explain what happened to it.

Some random remarks:

Wasn't Scorponok supposed to bigger as a cityformer?

R.I.P. Shamble, you were such a nice guy.

No Earthmodes at all?

Bumblebee's progression from loner energon thief to Autobot second in command in such little time has me puzzled.

The Quintesson was the one who gave sentience to the transformers or something, but then proceeds to capture them and, er, kill them?
Sunburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:17 PM   #33
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

Almost everyone spoke like Christian Bale's Batman and William Shatner had a love child.

I liked this one more than Siege thanks mostly to the Quintesson

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:05 AM   #34
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
My kids watched half of it and didn't want to finish the rest the following day. Instead they asked to watch an actual anime.
Hahaha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr3d1t View Post
There are a ton of good cartoon writers out there. If they hired at least one the show would dramatically improve.
Yes, all we ask for is a decent writer, not a team. At this point just one would be enough.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:56 AM   #35
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Ohhhh, boy. As someone who thought the first season was solid, this was definite step down. It's OK when you don't think or pay attention too much, but when you binge watch it, the bad stuff becomes all the more glaring.

As many have mentioned, WTF is with the ponderous speeches. For me, I was able to look past it last season, but this one took it 11. Saying it slower does not make it better or make the words more meaningful. It makes you sound drunk or mentally deficient.

When you binge watch, you notice the plot turns have less depth to them than professional wrestling. How many friggen times do the Autobots and Decepticons go we'll work together only to have the Cons betray the Autobots 3 seconds later and then five seconds after that try to work with the Cons again?

It's ridiculous. The same thing happens with Prime. "I'll kill you Megatron. No I'll save you. No, I'll kill you. No, we must work together." FUCK OFF you indecisive prick. And then there's the whole "whoops my bad" about sending the allspark off Cybertron. Really? Double fuck off. Shit or get off the pot.

My prediction for next season is Prime and Megatron finally declare their love for each other and Earthrise into each other's mouths. And Megatron's just begging for it with those luscious lips of his.

There's no natural movement to what the characters do. It's all happens because the plot need it to happen so stupid shit can happen to introduce more toys. Look I understand these are supposed to be long toy commercials, but fuck man, at least put some common sense and effort in, so it's not so gosh darn obvious.

Speaking of obvious. How many times do transformations happen out of frame? It's obvious they do that to save money, because they don't have to animate it. It's like have the bot drop out of frame, play the transformation noise, and have the alt mode come back into frame.

I guess it's fitting that Prime and Megatron talk slow because with the way they act, they have to either be drunk or mentally deficient.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 01-06-2021 at 07:01 AM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:09 AM   #36
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
It's all happens because the plot need it to happen so stupid shit can happen to introduce more toys.
And it doesn't even do that! I think the only "new toys" that it introduced was the Quintesson, Double Dealer, and the Coneheads (barely).
I've said it elsewhere; if David Wise can introduce, like, 80 new characters and still have time for a few of them to be the "feature" characters, in 3 episodes back in 1987, I think they could've squeezed a few more into these 6.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:00 PM   #37
Janitor
Classic

Finally finished watching it last night, out of obligation, and woo boy...

Start with some positives:
-I appreciate that having this show with these characters gives an excuse to release a very G1 heavy lineup of toys. Thus appeasing geewunners (such as myself)
-voice acting: I personally found Elita-1 & Starscream to be “acceptable”. The end.
-interesting take on the Quintesson
-good to see Doubledealer in a show finally
-umm...
-uh...seeing Dinobot at the very end was really cool?

Negatives:
-yes voice acting/directing, as others have mentioned. VAs plucked from The William Shatner School of Constipated Acting (TM). Almost nothing memorable about the entire cast.
If you recall from Mirage’s line from MTMTE part 3: “The ship was...full” can you hear his voice in your head? Now tell me what WFC Mirage’s voice sounds like? Thought so. Absolutely ZERO personality with anyone here.
-being slavish to G1 also means not only are you tossing in specific characters/toys into the story, writers were also required keep their personalities too. Then when a character deviates from their G1 counterpart (ie Sky Lynx) we get complaints despite the fact this show should stand on its own.
-direction in general was horrid. From action scenes, to overall story pacing, all around bad.

Makes me appreciate TF: Prime even more so, now. Truly the last “great” TF show...or mainstream media in general (could’ve used a bit less Beast Hunting, but I digress).
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote