Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
fazemanpress
Generation 1
Frank Welker VIP Ticket System

The tickets went on sale today for TFCON 2016 and Frank Welker VIP. Wow i'm very disappointed on the way how they organized it this year to buy VIP Tickets for Frank Welker.

You first have to purchase weekend pass for $50 and then get VIP ticket for $175, wow really? talk about TFCON turning into Botcon in the near future.

Last year was alot easier, you just buy what time you wanted to vip session with Peter Cullen and you just bought the ticket, not extra cost of weekend pass.

i volunteer each year and help out, and dont need to buy a weekend pass, i just need vip pass for Frank Welker. And what if somebody can only attend a Saturday just to come see Frank, i hope they change this option soon and people complain about. Not everyone has extra cash to burn, some on budget too.

Frank Welker has been childhood icon of mine would have love to meet him but not paying extra $50 for something i dont't need. I hope they change this.

Thanks

Faze

Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=fazemanpress
Old 04-06-2016, 04:15 PM   #2
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!
Re: Frank Welker VIP Ticket System

I do find it a bit more awkward as there is no option to buy a second pass, unless you get the 50 dollar and at tfcon sell that weekend pass - say to me - for my husband for the 50 and bob's your uncle. That's the only thing I can think of. Since I am not paying for him to see welker.

I preferred event brite. I am not sure how I am going to get my tickets.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!

Last edited by Sunstar; 04-06-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #3
coralreef
Generation 1

I'm kind of disappointed too. Last year was much better, the pricing for meeting Mr. Cullen included the week-end pass. This would be a $75 price jump from last year. And the ticket to meet Mr. Welker is only available for those who buy the week-end pass? I'm spending the week-end anyway, but for those who would like to only come by for one day, that is steep.

I'll wait a couple of days before getting my ticket, that makes a gouge in the budget.

Edit: my total would be $260.00 because they're adding taxes on top of the $175. So, jump of $100 from last year.

Last edited by coralreef; 04-06-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #4
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralreef View Post
Edit: my total would be $260.00 because they're adding taxes on top of the $175. So, jump of $100 from last year.
Pretty much. The weekend pass includes HST but the Welker pack is 175 plus HST plus the $5 fee plus the $8+ credit card fee so right around $260
Old 04-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #5
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazemanpress View Post
The tickets went on sale today for TFCON 2016 and Frank Welker VIP. Wow i'm very disappointed on the way how they organized it this year to buy VIP Tickets for Frank Welker.

You first have to purchase weekend pass for $50 and then get VIP ticket for $175, wow really? talk about TFCON turning into Botcon in the near future.

Last year was alot easier, you just buy what time you wanted to vip session with Peter Cullen and you just bought the ticket, not extra cost of weekend pass.

i volunteer each year and help out, and dont need to buy a weekend pass, i just need vip pass for Frank Welker. And what if somebody can only attend a Saturday just to come see Frank, i hope they change this option soon and people complain about. Not everyone has extra cash to burn, some on budget too.

Frank Welker has been childhood icon of mine would have love to meet him but not paying extra $50 for something i dont't need. I hope they change this.

Thanks

Faze
As posted in this forum volunteers do get free admission to the convention so what you are saying isn't really accurate. If you volunteered in the past you would know this so not sure where you are getting this from.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:09 PM   #6
coralreef
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Pretty much. The weekend pass includes HST but the Welker pack is 175 plus HST plus the $5 fee plus the $8+ credit card fee so right around $260
$5 for internet buy and 8$ credit card fee? Whoa! I didn't see the credit card fee, I stopped the process before paying. Me thinks the ticket company is a bit greedy.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #7
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

Credit card fee? Wow, hidden fees. Yeah I will be buying pauls at the con's then. I am not going to buy another ticket and get nailed with another credit card fee, that's a money grab!

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!

Last edited by Sunstar; 04-06-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #8
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

I don't even remember seeing an announcement here that these were going on sale.

People shouldn't have to buy a weekend pass to buy the ticket to see Frank.

This isn't Botcon.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #9
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
As posted in this forum volunteers do get free admission to the convention so what you are saying isn't really accurate. If you volunteered in the past you would know this so not sure where you are getting this from.
I'm not quite sure you read what he wrote correctly. He states that he was a volunteer and didn't need to buy a weekend pass, but that it sucked for those who WEREN'T volunteers or just wanted to see Welker.

An honest misunderstanding, I think.

I agree with everyone here. I know that some guests cost more than others to get. After all, you factor in flight, hotel, food, or anything else alone and that's expensive, plus paying for their time. That said, I hate when celebrities charge for autographs period, especially those who have already been well compensated for their work which earned them fandom to begin with.

My favourite celebrity in the circuit is Charisma Carpenter, of Buffy fame. I interviewed a whole bunch of people a few years ago for an article in EYE Weekly and she was the only one I had respect for. She charged $20 per autograph but had a poll to see which local charity fans most wanted money donated to and then gave all of the cash she earned to it before she left. I had NO issue forking out the $20 at that point!

But yeah, $175... ouch.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:18 PM   #10
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

$5 non refundable internet fee, $8.23 credit card fee, have to buy a weekend pass when last year it was included. Should at least have the Saturday included in the price of the Welker pass

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Closed Thread