Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-16-2015, 04:08 PM   #11
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Regular vs Premium ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageX-9 View Post
I would say if you're not rushing to get something in the dealer room before anyone else does, there's not much rush to come early. The line forms fairly early {at least an hour for good position} and I don't think it takes too long for the line to empty. Anyone with better memory on this?
but if 30 minutes early won't hurt you, sure.

I haven't seen the availability of older releases, but last year there wasn't much rush to get the exclusives.

and I'm not really looking for older releases. I had wanted some affordable insecticons and a below-retail used stunticon set but now I dunno. While it's hard to compare it to sub-par CW stunticons, it's made an affordable alternative, and now I want something better.

The thing about the Japanese table at BotCon was it often had stuff much cheaper to get than importing through other channels, and often exclusives too. I got my black Nitro Convoy there. They sold out and later got more, and because I kept checking back, I got one.
It's really hard to get good deals on rare stuff. While not from the Japanese table, one year I got Killer Punch unopened for a ridiculously cheap price. I was so psyched, because I never would have paid the market price for one, and wouldn't have had the figure otherwise.
When FP dropped Steel Core at TFCON a few years ago they had some City Comander sets in their various colours for $120 but I was on the Steel Core train and already had the City Commander sets in 2 colours, the Black version purchased the previous evening from Hardreturn, go figure lol. So surprises like that can show up from time to time.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote