Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #7441
OLDMR
Beast Machine
Re: Local Seller in Burnaby B.C.

Has anyone tried this guy out? how was your experience?
OLDMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #7442
namomaz
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDMR View Post
Has anyone tried this guy out? how was your experience?
I got my MP-09 from them so dealing with him/them was very good. I think they are based in china.

My feedback thread
namomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #7443
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Hmmmm...interested in the white MP-10 KO armourless Ultra Magnus.

I'll pull the trigger if Santa stuffs some moolah in my stocking. He'd look swell beside my MP-22 (if this KO is any good).

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #7444
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Dealt with them before. Super nice guy! Lotsa MP KO's, really want the BAPE and Evangelion MP Prines,
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #7445
jughead
Generation 1

Just wondering, how is the quality of the MP and G1 KO's?
Are they virtually the same as the official figures or is it a notable difference in quality?
jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #7446
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead View Post
Just wondering, how is the quality of the MP and G1 KO's?
Are they virtually the same as the official figures or is it a notable difference in quality?
In my experience, the MP KO's have been pretty decent, especially for display purposes. I've had a KO Sideswipe and Red Alert come through my hands and for the price they're not bad at all. I've had defects and faults on my genuine Takara MPs worse than some of the KOs lol.

I found the G1 KOs vary in quality from item to item. Over the years I've gotten a KO Mirage, Sunstreaker and a Wheeljack. The Mirage was solid, one of my favorite KOs. The Sunstreaker, also not bad though some of the joints were almost too tight...the Wheeljack quality seemed a bit off, though not horrible. I heard that some of the Dinobot KOs had some issues like Swoop's robot face falling off but overall pretty hard to tell. Still looking to get a few more myself if the price is good (like the Dinobots, Shockwave, and maybe a couple of the gestalts). I'd love to have the real thing but finding G1 in brand new condition isn't cheap.

Keep in mind there's little details that are sometimes different on the KOs. For example the MP Sideswipe KO doesn't actually say Countach on the back...it's (intentionally?) misspelled...though I heard it's spelled correctly on the KO Tigertrack. On my KO G1 Mirage, the red/white striping that would be a decal on the real G1, is painted on (though it still came with the decals). But for display, it's hard to tell unless you're really examining them closely or side by side.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023

Last edited by thebobkat; 12-05-2014 at 09:00 PM.
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #7447
jughead
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
In my experience, the MP KO's have been pretty decent, especially for display purposes. I've had a KO Sideswipe and Red Alert come through my hands and for the price they're not bad at all. I've had defects and faults on my genuine Takara MPs worse than some of the KOs lol.

I found the G1 KOs vary in quality from item to item. Over the years I've gotten a KO Mirage, Sunstreaker and a Wheeljack. The Mirage was solid, one of my favorite KOs. The Sunstreaker, also not bad though some of the joints were almost too tight...the Wheeljack quality seemed a bit off, though not horrible. I heard that some of the Dinobot KOs had some issues like Swoop's robot face falling off but overall pretty hard to tell. Still looking to get a few more myself if the price is good (like the Dinobots, Shockwave, and maybe a couple of the gestalts). I'd love to have the real thing but finding G1 in brand new condition isn't cheap.

Keep in mind there's little details that are sometimes different on the KOs. For example the MP Sideswipe KO doesn't actually say Countach on the back...it's (intentionally?) misspelled...though I heard it's spelled correctly on the KO Tigertrack. On my KO G1 Mirage, the red/white striping that would be a decal on the real G1, is painted on (though it still came with the decals). But for display, it's hard to tell unless you're really examining them closely or side by side.
Thanks for the info! Very helpful
jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:44 PM   #7448
pandaprime
aficionado!
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Did the title change for this thread?

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:47 PM   #7449
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus
Re: BC Community Thread

I think they merged threads?
Old 12-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #7450
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

ya because the tf-direct thread was named "local burnaby bc seller" or something which is silly since the guy doesn't let you pick up locally (from what I've been told) and you have to have it shipped to you from china so it's not a local seller at all.