Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 12-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
chans formers
raff ow roud
classics roadbuster upgrade lv.1

basically making roadbuster a touch more fun to mess with.
energon stormjet/silverbolt lost his toes in order to give r/b his new shoulder mounted missile pods.
a "reamed out" 5/32" hole was drilled into the top of his backpack/truck cab front in order to mount his missile like an antenna.
his stock missile launcher was upgraded with an extended barrel.
his right ankle pin was knocked out and his ankle was reset the proper way, as right from the factory his right ankle joint was put in ass backwards and it took me a bit to figure out why in alt mode before,one of his toes stuck out almost 1/8" farther than the other which looked really bad because of where his toes end up on the front in alt mode.
tamiya acrylic red was used in certain areas like his stock missile launcher pod,wheel center caps,armnament parts,etc.
to try to make him even more g1-ish,an autobot rub symbol from rts tracks was salvaged onto his chest.
some of the extra decals were salvaged from gundam kits and gijoe roc vehicles and whatever i had laying around.
his extra brown rifle was taken from cybertron defense scattorshot.
i still want to find a way to make him taller/beefier,but that may have to wait till upgrade version2

all of his weapons combined into one bfg.

top view of where exactly to drill the 5/32" reamed out hole.if you do try this,make sure to drill "inline" with the roof line,and center your hole above the last molded in vertical notch.if not,you will hit a screw/post hidden inside the cab interior and not be able to sink the missile end down as far.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
RaidenisOP
Plastic Spark
Re: classics roadbuster upgrade lv.1

Looks pretty awesome! I ended up with 2 roadbusters due to bad arms on one... nice upside though is that now I have tonnes of weapons I'm trying to figure out a way to put holes in his vehicle mode roof to have the 2 spring loaded cannons mounted back there like shoulder/back mounted cannons.

I think there also was a 3p company at one point teasing an armor kit they were making that would boost some height and mass, kind of like the LSOTW version of roadbuster... though the only image they ever showed as far as I know was a roadbuster covered in marshmallows lol.

Feedback Thread
RaidenisOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:34 AM   #3
chans formers
raff ow roud

thanks,and yeah,i was looking at the rear/top area to mount more gats in bot mode onto his pack but with the tiny chunk of plastic there from the end of the rear/bottom lip to the molded in hatch detail/screw post,it's an almost surgical precision drilled hole you need to make there and i just don't trust the current plastic mix from has/tak to be able to insert/remove a 3/16" gun peg once you make the hole's and only have that tiny lip of plastic meat left close to the rear leading edge.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:01 AM   #4
alternatorfan
g1 baby

I just added a g1 heat sticker to generations roadbuster salvaged from an old inferno I had
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classics roadbuster v.1