Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-28-2015, 05:24 PM   #791
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Re: Adult Lego Fans

Correct me if I'm wrong but only the UCS Mellenium Falcon has more pieces?
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #792
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but only the UCS Mellenium Falcon has more pieces?

Taj mahal 5922
MF 5197

Also looks like there are alot of real small picecs in it , 1's and 2's and flats too, but overall real nice.

The MF pieces look bigger on average

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection

Last edited by Rodimus Prime1; 10-28-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:28 PM   #793
Pascal
Banned

More free Legos this Saturday at TRU between 11am-1pm. A Star Wars kit this time.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:14 AM   #794
MULTIPLEX

LOL Forgive, forgive

Had no idea that Taj Mahal set even existed. But the MF is still the more iconic structure
Old 10-29-2015, 12:27 AM   #795
Beechy
The Veteran.

My life is over....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5038402&type=3
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #796
MULTIPLEX

People are passionats over LEGO. I feel for that guy. LEGO Ideas a way for these guys and gals to show their stuff. Soon as this Ghosbusters set got announced, first thing I tought was they basically took the original LEGO ideas submission (which i voted for) and claimed it as their own. I think it was a dick move on LEGO to not give that guy some sort of credit. His design was awesome, considering he's not on the LEGO payroll. To deny it during the review process after it met all the requirements and then come out with their own design is just wrong.

Oh and by the way, this is the first time a release of this size has not been fully shown. What kind of official press release does not include interior pics? Probably took his interior design too.

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 10-29-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #797
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
More free Legos this Saturday at TRU between 11am-1pm. A Star Wars kit this time.
Great now all I need is a kid between 4-14,

I wonder how much trouble I'll get in in, if I hang outside TRU, and ask parents if I can borry there kid for 10mins to get a toy

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #798
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
People are passionats over LEGO. I feel for that guy. LEGO Ideas a way for these guys and gals to show their stuff. Soon as this Ghosbusters set got announced, first thing I tought was they basically took the original LEGO ideas submission (which i voted for) and claimed it as their own. I think it was a dick move on LEGO to not give that guy some sort of credit. His design was awesome, considering he's not on the LEGO payroll. To deny it during the review process after it met all the requirements and then come out with their own design is just wrong.

Oh and by the way, this is the first time a release of this size has not been fully shown. What kind of official press release does not include interior pics? Probably took his interior design too.
Same thing happened with the Helicarrier. It sucks, sure, but I'd bet Lego was already developing and designing their own versions during the review process and that's why it was rejected. I'm not saying there wasn't any foul play, I just doubt there was.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:42 PM   #799
MULTIPLEX

Possibly.

But what about the LEGO Star Wars Constraction sets that are out now. This was also a LEGO Cuusoo (Ideas) project back in May 2012. Check here. It was a brilliant project and people loved it. LEGO killed the project immediately after it reached the first stage milestone due to so-called grey area of licensing of action figures since they are like action figures.

Quote:
Unfortunately due to our license, the LEGO Group is unable to produce Star Wars action figures, so we will not consider this project further. We're sorry to be the bearers of this disappointing news.
But last month they released the same idea as their own. There's no way it took three years to develop them.

This whole LEGO Ideas concept is just a way for LEGO to get free research and development. Every now and then, they let a small licensed set slip through.

Here's another project that got killed. They will make it eventually cause they know the fans want it.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:49 AM   #800
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator

I honestly don't know. Maybe with the Constraction stuff they just didn't have the license then but do now? I won't sit here and defend Lego all day and say there's nothing wrong how it looks like they're running Ideas. All I know is that there's all kinds of shenanigans when it comes to licenced properties and who can produce what merchandise in what form for which year.