Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which Commander armor do you own?
City Commander 42 64.62%
Shadow Commander 25 38.46%
Armored Commander 20 30.77%
Do not own any, but want one 12 18.46%
Not intrested 6 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Re: POLL: Fansproject Commander Armor

I have the KO Shadow Commander and City Commander, and they have been great. Little loose in the usual places. But awesome.

I also have a sealed FP City Commander with Add-on and UM/SW. I've been tempted to open them up and see if their better. But so far I have resisted the temptation. I only opened the outer seal of CC to check contents.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

The tape's cut, not sealed anymore, open those suckers up Lol

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #13
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I've got them all. I'd have to say that the TFcon version is still my favorite. Followed closely by Shadow and the original.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #14
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
DIA Commander.
What he said.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
purpleshadows
Generation 2

I have all three Commander.
In my point of view, Shadows Commander is the best.
purpleshadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #16
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
I'm curious on what GMfan101 has to say.
I have the first release of City Commander, Shadow Commander, and Powered Commander.

City Commander I got first and as you can imagine was blown away. Got him some G1 Ultra Magnus missiles which he can equip in robot mode but because he was the initial release he didn't have the holes in trailer mode so he can equip them there. If this is the one you plan on getting, good chance you'd be getting the version with holes in the trailer for additional missiles. There was an add on set Fansproject made for him later with white launchers and red missiles recoloured from powered commander's shoulder missiles that also included a white rifles shaped like the G1 toy Ultra Magnus's weapon. That add on set was eventually also included in latest releases of City Commander so if you want everything in one pack it's possible to obtain everything in one shot.

Next one I got was Powered Commander at TFcon 2009. Great figure, awesome recolour, came with an additional accessories that the original City Commander didn't originally have. 2 black missile launchers with grey missiles (that eventually were recoloured for City Commander as previously mention) and a "briefcase" of energon cubes which could also be held by the roller figure that came with the G3 trailer. I really liked this one cuz of the Diaclone homage. The red isn't anything like the Diaclone powered convoy red though which is more of a rich cherry red, Powered Commander has more of a bright orangey red so if you're looking for a spot on homage it isn't "spot on" but I still love the colours regardless.

Shadow Commander I got about a year ago. He's cool. Like Powered Commander, he came with a few things that City Commander didn't have. A changeable face so you can give him either the original molded face that City Commander had or a new version that had a face plate molded in. I use the face plate one to differentiate him a little more from City and Powered. The most obvious extra accessory he came with was a translucent red sword which was also pretty friggan cool. Perfect Effect has also made a WHACK of additional figures that can become shoulder machine guns/hand held ones, a trident, blades etc. which look great on him. They used similar molds to also upgrade City Commander but...I dunno...for me they feel out of place on him. Don't get me wrong I think they're still great figures on their own, but they don't suit City Commander as well as the shadow versions on Shadow Commander. Nullray recently made a pic thread with all the various add on figures on Shadow and it looks fuckin amazing.

Overall though my biased opinion sways more to City Commander (for obvious reasons) and Powered Commander. I dunno which one I like more because they're both great. Shadow Commander I may like more should I eventually get all the PE figures to upgrade him...but City and Powered will always be on the top of my list.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
I have the first release of City Commander, Shadow Commander, and Powered Commander.

City Commander I got first and as you can imagine was blown away. Got him some G1 Ultra Magnus missiles which he can equip in robot mode but because he was the initial release he didn't have the holes in trailer mode so he can equip them there. If this is the one you plan on getting, good chance you'd be getting the version with holes in the trailer for additional missiles. There was an add on set Fansproject made for him later with white launchers and red missiles recoloured from powered commander's shoulder missiles that also included a white rifles shaped like the G1 toy Ultra Magnus's weapon. That add on set was eventually also included in latest releases of City Commander so if you want everything in one pack it's possible to obtain everything in one shot.

Next one I got was Powered Commander at TFcon 2009. Great figure, awesome recolour, came with an additional accessories that the original City Commander didn't originally have. 2 black missile launchers with grey missiles (that eventually were recoloured for City Commander as previously mention) and a "briefcase" of energon cubes which could also be held by the roller figure that came with the G3 trailer. I really liked this one cuz of the Diaclone homage. The red isn't anything like the Diaclone powered convoy red though which is more of a rich cherry red, Powered Commander has more of a bright orangey red so if you're looking for a spot on homage it isn't "spot on" but I still love the colours regardless.

Shadow Commander I got about a year ago. He's cool. Like Powered Commander, he came with a few things that City Commander didn't have. A changeable face so you can give him either the original molded face that City Commander had or a new version that had a face plate molded in. I use the face plate one to differentiate him a little more from City and Powered. The most obvious extra accessory he came with was a translucent red sword which was also pretty friggan cool. Perfect Effect has also made a WHACK of additional figures that can become shoulder machine guns/hand held ones, a trident, blades etc. which look great on him. They used similar molds to also upgrade City Commander but...I dunno...for me they feel out of place on him. Don't get me wrong I think they're still great figures on their own, but they don't suit City Commander as well as the shadow versions on Shadow Commander. Nullray recently made a pic thread with all the various add on figures on Shadow and it looks fuckin amazing.

Overall though my biased opinion sways more to City Commander (for obvious reasons) and Powered Commander. I dunno which one I like more because they're both great. Shadow Commander I may like more should I eventually get all the PE figures to upgrade him...but City and Powered will always be on the top of my list.
Nerd.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #18
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
Nerd.
Hipster.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #19
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
The tape's cut, not sealed anymore, open those suckers up Lol
Ugh I know, but I just had to make sure the add on pack was in the box. Since I was pleased with the KO version I didn't bother opening it all up.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #20
hardreturn
break the line

i love shadow commander but that's my bias for black primes showing through. followed closely by city commander.

Feedback/TFW Feedback/Sales
hardreturn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
city commander, fansproject, fansproject armor, powered commander, shadow commander