Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 AM   #51
Predaking4Ever
Banned
Re: How many TFs are in your collection??

I have an excel spreadsheet containing 99% of my transformers on it, as well as what series they are from, whether they are MISB/MOSC or not and what particular sub-line they may or may not belong to.
Predaking4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:45 AM   #52
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I use the following methods to keep track of my collection...

First in MS Word I have a Transformers Wish List: This is every Transformer I want to own in my lifetime, it is rather large due to the volume of G1 and G2 figures I still don't own, but I am confident that by the time I reach 50 + I'll have an impressive display.

When I buy one of the items on my Wishlist I erase it... THEN it goes into MS Word Transformers Collection and Transformers Collection Alphabetized.

Transformers Collection is a list by series of each figure - it catalogues name, wether or not I have kept the packaging, the instructions or the card back and the status of the figure. (IE Loose, Loose Junker, Loose Complete, Loose Incomplete, etc...)

Transformers Alphabetized Collection is just that, a well maintained alphabetized by name list done up in MS Word with the Numbered Bulletin Points Feature being used so that the collection count is ALWAYS accurate.

I also have plans of re-making my Microsoft Access Transformers Checklist because it needs to be redone to reflect the most current stuff, plus I haven't opened the old one since I created it as part of my school lessons on Microsoft Access to learn how to make a database/checklist thingy.

These are the elctronic storing methods. There is also two Five Star Notebooks with copies of Transformers Wishlist (Written up in Blue Ink by series.) and Transformers Collection (Written up in Pencil in case I choose to sell somebody and want to erase the name from that list without having a large blotchy looking ink stain on the page from where I've crossed off the names.)

As far as to how I count up my collection... I don't care for this UMC or whatever.

I count individual Autobots, Decepticons, Maximals, Predacons, Vehicons, Mini-Cons, Targetmaster Partners, Headmaster Partners (Not that I own any yet), Powermaster Partners, Non-Transformable PVCs (Like HoC and RH.), Robot Powered Machines, basically anything that is classified as a Toy and part of the Transformers brand. (Which means yes! I do include Animorphs.)

I don't count comics or puzzles or miscellanious things like videogames and books in that list. I keep a seperate list with a seperate count for them underneath the main toy collection count in my Transformers Collection MS Word document.

So far I believe I have just shy of 400 comics, books, games, puzzles and dvds/vhs.

So if I were to add the two collection counts together I would have over 1000 Transformers Merchandise Items in my Transformers Collection.

Yes I am highly anal in my organizational habits, but I have adopted a highly organized and practical method for keeping track of my Transformers collection considering how large it is. Not like my other collections where I've got like... 10 He-Man figures, 4 Turtles, 3 Jurassic Park Dinosaurs and less than 100 Joes. Not to mention my 12 My Little Pony Ponyville ponies. (Which reminds me, I still need to pick up a larger sized pony or two to add to that collection. )

Last edited by Scrapper6; 08-31-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:19 PM   #53
SHELDONBROWN12
Generation 1

I have 738
SHELDONBROWN12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #54
DeltaCommando17
I AM NEMESIS PRIME!!!!!
Cool Re: How many TFs are in your collection??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
I have similar lines as yours too. But you keep a journal! That's incredible. I wonder if anyone here keeps a computer record of what they have, on a spreadsheet or something?? Anyway, you must be organized!
I cleaned out a lot of stuff during the summer, so I have a lot more space to be more organize. While I was putting my TF's on my shelf I found a older journal that I didn't used much, then I had an idea to use it to keep track of my TF count.
DeltaCommando17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:17 PM   #55
Protoman
The Legend

Over 4000 (I ain't joking), I stopped counting after 2008.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #56
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Over 4000 (I ain't joking), I stopped counting after 2008.
How many Rodimii though?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:37 PM   #57
S.A.A.M.
Beast Machine

I have more than 1.
S.A.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #58
Megamould
Dipstick Tapedeck

1000 + forsure.
I'm waaay too lazy to count them all. Maybe next year!

BST: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=22233

Incoming:

Looking for: Striker Prime, Jetwing Prime
Megamould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:27 PM   #59
RedOktobre
Alternator

I have exactly one hundred & ninety-two (192) Transformers figures (North American and Japanese).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaking4Ever View Post
I have an excel spreadsheet containing 99% of my transformers on it, as well as what series they are from, whether they are MISB/MOSC or not and what particular sub-line they may or may not belong to.
I have one too! Do you know why? Because... my MS Excel spreadsheet is generated automatically for me by Shmax.com. I just update my TF figures on the website and download the MS Excel file periodically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
I have similar lines as yours too. But you keep a journal! That's incredible. I wonder if anyone here keeps a computer record of what they have, on a spreadsheet or something?? Anyway, you must be organized!
Yes, the MS Excel spreadsheet generated by Shmax also includes date of purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaCommando17 View Post
40 in counting. I started officially collecting last year in the spring, so I have mostly Universe 2.0, animated and ROTF stuff. Haven't gotten around to much with RID, Cybertron, G1, japanese figures etc yet. I'm having a journal to put entries in so I can keep track of my TF count at different dates. But I would say by the summer of next year I might have about 70-90 or less. So my collection is kind of at a rookie state right.
Again, my Shmax MS Excel spreadsheet has that information for me.

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #60
Perceptor
Alternator

Okay, so far based on responses, the tally in graph form looks something like this:

A) 0-50 ______***
B) 51-200 ____*************
C) 201-500 ___**********
D) 501-1000 __**********
E) over 1000+ _********
F) over 5000+ _

This is very encouraging... I will take the results so far to show my wife... see, what do you mean I have enough Transformers?? I've got a loooong way to go!
Perceptor is offline   Reply With Quote