Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 08-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
ang3l3s
Robot Master
TFCC SIDEBURN

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!
I personally think this s better than rodimus, i hope fp makes the armour in his colours.
ang3l3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: TFCC SIDEBURN

He's a great homage...down to the choices of colour and it's distribution, paint apps, mold choice....it all comes together so well to make a "Classics" version of Side burn.

The decals are near spot on to the original toy, the way the engine wind up still under his head on the chest, the exhaust becoming a blaster...easily the best club freebie figure. Some bashed on the face apps on the head claiming they were weird but they suit the character so well and the asymmetry capture that RiD aesthetic so well.

I think the only funny thing I find about this toy when I had him side by side with the original RiD toy...the original toy still has more poseability, lol. Nevertheless, a great updating from a line that was HEAVILY overlooked in the past, and damn near didn't get anything in the Universe 2.0 line (exception going to Bruticus, a baaaad redeco).

Here's something you can do to further differentiate your Sideburn, and make him look more like the original car robot and less like Hot Rod.

Simply pop off the parts that rotate and remove a screw to take out the middle portion. In addition you make him look more like the Dome Zero that the mold was based on which did not have a spoiler.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
He's a great homage...down to the choices of colour and it's distribution, paint apps, mold choice....it all comes together so well to make a "Classics" version of Side burn.

The decals are near spot on to the original toy, the way the engine wind up still under his head on the chest, the exhaust becoming a blaster...easily the best club freebie figure. Some bashed on the face apps on the head claiming they were weird but they suit the character so well and the asymmetry capture that RiD aesthetic so well.

I think the only funny thing I find about this toy when I had him side by side with the original RiD toy...the original toy still has more poseability, lol. Nevertheless, a great updating from a line that was HEAVILY overlooked in the past, and damn near didn't get anything in the Universe 2.0 line (exception going to Bruticus, a baaaad redeco).

Here's something you can do to further differentiate your Sideburn, and make him look more like the original car robot and less like Hot Rod.

Simply pop off the parts that rotate and remove a screw to take out the middle portion. In addition you make him look more like the Dome Zero that the mold was based on which did not have a spoiler.
damn it Chris, you just made me regret not being a member even more. I never thought it was possible.

but giving my two cents, this is a very nice use of the mold...paint work is great, and it is about time Sideburn got himself a little homage.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
Star 56
Machine War

They really did a good job on this guy a great way to update him. off topic a bit but does anybody elese origional side burn have problems with the head staying both of my versions have the same issue that the head is very loose and always falls backwoards. Now they have to make the super powerd vesrsion(red one) :P would be nice to see a classics version of X brawn.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #5
pulsedragon20
I win

^ I have no problems with any version...you can try clear nail polish on the ball of the neck to make it tighter

I'm very happy with how the paint apps turned out on TFCC Sideburn and it's very true to the original!

Last edited by pulsedragon20; 08-23-2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: addition
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #6
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post

I'm with you on that, did the same thing last Friday after I opened and transformed him. I wanted him to look different than Hot Rod.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:05 AM   #7
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Aw man, I was totally on the fence on whether I should join the club or not. I'm so kicking myself now. He looks totally awesome.
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Honestly the membership is only worth it if you go to Botcon...and even then you're just breaking even being in Canada. Membership is abouts $80, you save $80 off Botcon admission rendering the annual figure basically a freebie, so if you don't go to Botcon and can get this guy for under $80 you're already saving money...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

i'm pretty happy with how this toy turned out. all the paint on it is REALLY good, and even the weird eye paint apps arent THAT bad.

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
Network
Machine War

just got mine today after my job interview. he is totally ROCKIN! all the joints are tight and the paint apps are superb. I was really beginning to worry after all the horror stories of missing parts, sloppy paint apps and floppy joints. one of my fave figures now.