Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 12-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Predaking 2010

Just got mine opened up this evening. I have never seen one in person before. So I was a little surprised at the size of the individual Predacons. I had read and seen pictures of their size. But it didn't do him justice when I grew up with Devastator and only this year managed to get the Scramble City Combiners.

They all have some good weight to them with their die cast parts.

I can see how some of them could be easily broken, with what seems to be some fragile ratcheting joints. And the plastic in these parts doesn't seem to be as strong as I would expect. To the touch, it just feels 'flaky' not the more resilient kind.. Kind of hard to describe. I transformed them all once from beast to robot and then to gestalt piece. And that will likely be the way they stay.

I took one look at the sticker sheet, and I am not attempting that. At least not tonight. I will probably do that down the road if I can find a better set of instructions or just go by a good picture of them.

Predakings sword does seem a little feeble once you get his huge bulk put together =) But he has that huge arm cannon to make up for it on the other side.

As I mentioned earlier on the QC threat. The connector piece on my Divebomb is just a tad loose, and with is heft when connected to Predaking he droops a bit at the shoulder.

And I have something not quite assembled right or something, but Predakings right leg seems a tad longer, and again the left side has a problem, where he appears to be leaning to his left a little. These two things leave me a wee bit disappointed.

And the corner of the sticker on one of Divebombs wings had been folded over itself. I found out, when I extended his wings. Was easy to fix, but left a crease on the sticker.

But overall, he looks awesome, and what a hefty weight when all combined. The individual Preds are just huge compared to all the other Combiners. And he has no problem standing up at all. He's pretty solid and sturdy. And his feet do a great job giving him a stable platform.

But with some of his plastic just having a fragile feel to it, I don't plan to 'play' with him too much. I moved his arms some, and settled on a pose. And he will probably stay that way.

I know this may come off with a negative rub, but I like him. And I'm glad I got him. He's not quite the quality I would have expected for his price (Fragile feeling plastic) and I may try some clear polish to tighten up Divebombs connecter and a small piece of cardboard or something to add a smudge to his left legs length. But he looks awesome on the shelf. And a nice addition to my collection.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote