Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-19-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
What's your favorite Transformers toy line?

G1? Beast Wars? Classics? Alternators?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
Xalticus
Re: What's your favorite Transformers toy line?

For me, I like Alternators, they have that articulation and style that I've always desired from my TF figs, as well with minimates they make a great driver/vehicle mash up.
Xalticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

as for the peak of design and engineering as well as embodying what transformers are, i'm going to have to say that alternators is the cream of the crop.

for the most part they're accurate to their g1 counterparts, they have detail accurate alternate modes, and robot modes that incorporate their vehicle mode kibble well. i'm also pleasantly surprised that they managed to show us that it could be plausible to have transformers where the cockpit/cab areas arent filled with robot kibble.

and as xalticus said, they work well with minimates (and lego figures, to some extent)

i would have gone with the masterpiece line, but MP prime's cab area isnt exactly accurate to the real truck, and starscream isnt exactly faithful to the character.

as for mass release, i'm thinking that the cybertron line would probably be the best. most transformations are fairly simple while feeling complex, the characters for the most part look well done in both robot and alternate mode, there's an additional gimmick feature on figures that isnt extremely intrusive or required for transformation.

across the whole line of cybertron, each size point had figures that were well done.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Alternators! Plain and simple. To me, these are the best designed Transformers. 100% accurate alt modes. Very good bot modes. My only grips has been the oddball character choices. That and the crappy-ass distribution.

Classics comes in at a very close second. Taking the G1 bots we all know and love and giving them some modern toy deign/technology = Perfection. I still hope this line will continue on down the road. They had a great idea with this set.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #5
dak
Master Creator

Alternators are cool. I like different elements from every line. The major start for me was Beast Wars and I love their articulation, RID was a huge excitement for me cause it was back to cars, Armada kinda sucked.lol. Energon was good cause I like combiners, the entire Cybertron line Kicked some serious ass. and classics are right up there with Cybertron.

I'd say Cybertron was the one that had me most excited, and I'd say that's my fav. The movie line is comming as a very close 2nd, I'm a huge fan of Detail and Articulation. and from what I've seen of this line, it's got it.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
JLvatron
Chosen 1

For excitement and non-reliance on just gimmicks, I gatta say G1.

For overall Transformer toy quality, design, Transformation, gatta say Classics.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #7
RedOktobre
Alternator

My favourite lines are (in no particular order):

Cybertron
Classics
G1
Titanium 3"
Titanium 6" Rodimus Prime

My least favourite lines are (in no particular order):

Beast Wars/Machines
Energon
Armada
Alternators

Enough said!

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #8
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

For me there really is no one TF line that really towers over all others, there's something about most of each TF line done that has it's own unique charm. For me its more there's certain TF lines I like more then others rather then one particular line standing on its own.

Here's how my fav TF lines break down:

Love:

- G1
- Cybertron
- Beast Wars
- Beast Machines
- Alternators
- Movie Toys

Like/Ok/Neutral:

- Energon
- Armada
- Classics

Mostly Blah:

- RiD
- Titaniums
- SWTF
- Universe
- LoC's
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #9
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I started collecting this past March with the Classics line and I'd say they are my favorites. Loved TF's as a kid but I never liked a lot of the G1 toys that much. Too many parts to lose and limited articulation were my main complaints.
The real gear movie toys are great as well but lack a story to tie them in to the universe.
Bring on more Classics-Jazz, Arcee, Ironhide, Ratchet and Shockwave would be awesome!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:47 AM   #10
darthrage
Beast Machine

Alternators is #1
RID is #2
Movie Toys #3
Classics is #4

I can't really say G1 is on any of them because I have never collected them before. I had them as a kid but back then I didn't appreciate them the way I do now.