Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #4961
terrordrone
Armada
Re: Post Your Hauls

Gnaw, meet Tachikoma! Be careful Tachikoma! Don't put your arm too close to those teeth!!

***Tune in next week kidz when the Major Motoko Kusanagi tries to be helpful when Tachikoma finds out what a Skarkticon does for fun***

Someone once said of Terrordrone: "Not only are you a discredit to Transformers Collectors, but also the general population as well." That is what I get for connecting the dots for people who can't follow along.

Last edited by terrordrone; 10-14-2008 at 12:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #4962
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Just got back from my mom's and my new TFA carry on was awesome. Even had some Armada MOC in the basement. Love the mom that throws nothing out.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:15 AM   #4963
borihazard
Robot Master

awesome luggage thing!! have a good thanksgiving dinner?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #4964
Pascal
Banned

All the Henkei figures look so much better, especially Silverbolt. Gone are the ugly orangy bits. The eyes do not light up when you activate the firing sounds in robot mode, so the Universe version is okay on that aspect. The white paint on Prowl is awesome, it looks richer and thicker. The yellow on Sunstreaker is darker than on the Universe version and the roof matches the rest of the car better. Only problem: a small blob of silver paint on the head and another red one on the car (they will easily be removed with thinner). Again, the chrome bits look awesome, it makes the toys look like they're worth twice the price. Oh wait, they ARE worth close to twice the price.

As for BT-22, I can't believe how heavy he is. He's my new favorite Binaltech figure even before opening the box.

EDIT: die cast parts on Convoy: hood, front bumper, doors, lower legs (except the bed/spoiler/shin plates), tail gate. Sick.

Difference I can see:

-darker blue
-on the hood, the BT says "Viper (silver) powered (black)" while the Alt. says only "Viper" (underlined) in silver
-waist piece is painted silver, yellow and black ont he BT and is unpainted on the Alt
-shin plated are blue and silver on the BT and black and blue on the Alt
-feet are black on the BT and black and blue on the Alt
-Autobot symbols on the shoulders are on a white background on the BT and directly on the red on the Alt
-gun is black and red on the BT and black and silver on the Alt
-rims are chromed on the BT and silver on the Alt
-shoulder guards are red and chrome on the BT and unpainted red on the Alt
-license plate says DODGE in silver on a black plate on the BT and is a normal license plate saying Cybertron Prime on the Alt
-the upper leg (at the hips) are black on the BT and silver on the Alt
-the bed is red on the BT and black on the Alt
-the joints are nice and tight on the BT

Last edited by Pascal; 10-14-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:43 PM   #4965
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Again, the chrome bits look awesome, it makes the toys look like they're worth twice the price. Oh wait, they ARE worth close to twice the price.
Some places are selling deluxe Henkeis for $30 already which is double the Canadian retail price....triple the US retail price...why do they have to be do nice? Luckily the price is enough to keep me at bay.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #4966
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Some places are selling deluxe Henkeis for $30 already which is double the Canadian retail price....triple the US retail price...why do they have to be do nice? Luckily the price is enough to keep me at bay.
Automaton is still selling Henkei deluxes for $24.99 (CAD) /$21.99 (USD). Not bad at all.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #4967
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

^ Ya I'm going to order the next wave up Henkei's from them along with a bunch of other stuff. Speaking of which how's the BT Convoy? I am really thinking of throwing this in with my next Automation order.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #4968
Pascal
Banned

You have to get it. It's kibbly, I know, but so are most Binaltech molds. It's just gorgeous. Like I said, the amount of die-cast seems enormous compared to my other BT figures. And with the new/different paint apps and chromed rims and shoulder bits, it feels like a totally new figure. Glad I got rid of my Alt Prime. It was a good figure but certainly no match for his BT counterpart.

Last edited by Pascal; 10-14-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #4969
Quantum
Uh-huh.

Got my City Commander today from Kooltoyz. Dude! this thing is so freakin' amazing, I'm floored! He looks awesome posed with Universe Springer and Classics Hot Rod.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #4970
Lysist
Alternator

Just snagged all of the TF collector's club combiner limbs!!! Now I just have to wait for the post man.
part.
Someone have a barricade they can lend me???
Closed Thread