Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #11
Razorwing
Robot in Disguise
Re: Did anyone get their TFM game yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Here is my review of the game that I posted on another site.

"Ok, i'm gonna keep this review somewhat basic but as informing as I can. There are good things and bad things about this game that I think people need to know about.

First off, graphics:
Cinematics are very nicely done much like Armada's was. Visually, the cinematics I can't complain about.
In-game graphics are again pretty good all around. Again, nothing to complain about.

Gameplay itself:
Ok, gonna do this in a pros/cons fasion.
Pros:
-one-button transformation is well done. You can transform while driving which is pretty funky.
-Attacks and firing weapons are simple to do
-Driving/flying is pretty good
-fighting is also pretty good
-fully destructible environment.
-free roaming inbetween missions
-Throw stuff at bots. So many things to pick up.

Cons:
-destructible environment can sometimes interfer with driving. For example, small debry on the ground can make the car not go anywhere. You may say "so what?" to that but con 2 is why.
-TIME LEVELS. That's right. Most of the game is a "beat them to it" deal. Sometimes you defeat enemies and have to quickly get to the next stop to fight again. Not so bad but WAY too much of it kills the fun of the game imo.
-speaking of levels (a.k.a chapters really) VERY short overall. Each level is a few chapters but the chapters themselves are short.
-Blocking. TOO MUCH AI BLOCKING. WTF is the point of shooting if drones can block them?

That's pretty much it really in terms of gamplay pros/cons. The game itself IS fun, I like it, but I despise timed missions A LOT. Think somewhat Batmobile for Batman Begins but with having a robot mode and better graphics and steering capabilites.

The bots:
Ok, so i've played as most bots so here's the scoop.
Autobots:
Bumblebee: major player in the game. Not much to say other than he's at least fun to play. Driving is fairly nicely done, great speed and cornering and stuff.
Jazz: Also a lot of fun to play. His strength is his armed-combat fighting and not really his weapons. Also, I like the voice they used. Driving is the same as BB. Both are built for speed and agility.
Ironhide: Man he's a tough MOFO. Combat and weapons are his thing. Driving on the other hand is a bit tricky since he's a truck. Also has a pretty good voice.
Prime: Great for armed-combat, not bad for weapons and very similar to driving as Ironhide. Great to hear Cullen again.
Ratchet I still have not played but I heard his voice. Pretty good.

Decepticons:
Blackout: RRRRIN ROCKS! Love playing as his robot mode and copter mode. Overall a fun bot to be. Sort of Sounds like Keith David as well but i'm not sure. I think it's someone else but a GREAT voice none the less.
Scorponok (yes, seriously): Is actually pretty decent for a bot. He doesn't have an alt mode. His transform button actually makes him dive into the sand (at sand locations). His weapons are pretty tough and he was fun to be.
Barricade: Also pretty darn good. Driving is very much like BB and Jazz and his bot mode is stronger for armed-combatand not weaponry.
Also, definetly Keith, great voice and great choice for Barricade.
Starscream: not bad, not great. His jumping is slowed down on decent by his jets which I find a bit annoying. Jet mode is pretty nice. SS is all weapons, RRRR armed-combat, blow shit up!
That's all i've played so far.

I think this game could have been better if they had less irritating timed missions. With scorponok, I literally finished his timed level at 0 seconds, no exageration. There really isn't enough time sometimes. Without the timed crap i'd probably enjoy the game a lot more.

I think it's something people NEED to think about before buying the game. 80% is timed missions, short, but timed. Sometimes they don't bother me, like beat enemies drive to this location and do the same, no biggy, but the "your bleeped if you don't finish this in time" annoys me. Plus it takes away from enjoying your surroundings and venturing the maps.

Sound: I REALLY dig the music. I think the movie music itself is pretty epic and very nice to listen to which makes the gameplay more fun. Why? Because it's not irritating music while you play

What else to cover. Secrets. Each free-roaming level (before going to the mission marker like Spiderman games) has allsparks around the map. I think about 100 per level. They unlock special stuff but I haven't gone through it.
Also, you collect Autobot/Decepticon insignia to unlock other stuff as well.
I haven't tried the cheat codes yet either so I don't know. I hope they have a "no time limit" code
I also want to stress the difficulty of the game. Overall, it's not. The difficulty comes with the timed missions and the restarting each time you mess up but overall, not very difficult.

I think that's all I got for now. I'd still give this game an 8/10
It's downfall is the timed missions but the overall game is still pretty fun.
Hope this review helps.

Oh, forgot to mention. I forgot to mention the Sixaxis feature while flying. I think I am doing it wrong because it doesn't seem to be working. I can still fly fine but i'm not noticing anything"

p.s. the battle versus SHOCKWAVE was great. He has a very g1ish head, copter mode and tankturret mode.
awesome.. can't wait to get mine .. lol I do have a question .. are the cinematics made by Blur or are they in game?
Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #12
Birdman
Generation 1
Send a message via MSN to Birdman Send a message via Skype™ to Birdman

Activision is supposed to send me review copies for the next gen systems. So hopefully I'll be able to do an indepth review when all is said and done

Email: feedback@thisweekingeek.net
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #13
Lio Convoy

Blur did the cinematics. I've read some reviews on this where they say it pulls you out of the game because you complete one mission, get a cinematic, then the next ission begins. I'll be picking up my copy at noon today (it's finally here in Toronto at EB Games!) and I'll also be posting up a review after a good play.

Also, I posed this on the TFW2005 boards:

The Cybertron level is included with the PS3 version of the game. So you don't need to go out and buy the Cybertron Edition and a 360 to play this level.

Yep, it's included in the PS3 version of the game. I tested it and got into the Cybertron battle arena.

I uploaded a video of it to YouTube right now to prove it to those of you who'd dispute this (LOL - I'm getting used to naysayers). Once it's done processing, I'll post the link.

To get to it, at the main menu, where you would choose a campaign, or options or bonus content, enter in the following code on your D-pad:

Right, Up, Up, Down, Right, Left, Left

Your screen will flash white.

Go to Campaign, choose Autobot or Decepticon and then once you're at the level select screen after you've chosen, press right until you get to choose the Cybertron level.

[edit] Can people try this on the PS2, Wii and PC versions to see if it's included there too? I'm sure people with those gaming systems would like to know. [/edit]

[edit 2] You Tube is taking forever to process it, so I uploaded the raw MPEG to Megaupload. If you want to see it for yourself, head on over to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=730IP3KQ and download the video. It's arount 27 Megs in size. [/edit 2]

Last edited by Lio Convoy; 06-27-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Lio Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #14
Grimlock74
Generation 1

I picked up Transformers Game as Bestbuy and i got a free graphic poster of Transformers(retail $14.99).

The game is awesome,it's my first Transformers game
but it rocks......I give it a 9/10......

Can't wait for Transformer Tuesday!!!!!!!
Grimlock74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:41 PM   #15
Razorwing
Robot in Disguise

I got my call for my CE edition, but unfortunetly, I worked till 9. so I can't get it.. will pick it up tommorow.
Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:45 AM   #16
Oryan_Pax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock74 View Post
I picked up Transformers Game as Bestbuy and i got a free graphic poster of Transformers(retail $14.99).

The game is awesome,it's my first Transformers game
but it rocks......I give it a 9/10......

Can't wait for Transformer Tuesday!!!!!!!
got the same deal at the same place.Im also realy enjoying this game so far.
if any one starts unlocking G1 skins, POST PICS!!!
Oryan_Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #17
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

They called me when i was at work yesterday. Gonna pick it up just before i see the screening today.
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:52 AM   #18
ANDROID PRIME
Robot in Disguise

my gf got me the cybertron edition for xbox 360. Its pretty cool. It came with a bonus dvd with trailers, interviews and making of the game. also came with a small movie prequil comic. ive only played it a litle bit( didnt want to ruin to much of the movie), but it seemed pretty good. After i ee the movie (tonight!!!) im gonna play the crap out of this game
ANDROID PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote