Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2010, 04:03 AM   #11
TFtoys
Animated
Re: which card you use to purchase TF and toys?

^ so Visa is more secured than Debit ?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #12
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

I use either Debit or Credit - PC Financial.

The PC points really add up quickly. In 8 years I've probably accumulated over $1000.00 worth of free groceries.

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 06-30-2010, 01:34 AM   #13
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I'm not a big fan of the store credit cards either. As for what I actually use... I put everything through on my TD travel rewards card.
^
This

This summer I bought 2 plane tickets Vancouver to Toronto, and a hotel room for 2 for a week, and a rental car for that time all on points.

Travel points are awesome!!

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:24 AM   #14
TFtoys
Animated

I don't like to travel, but if if I could collect some points by using the cards while I am paying my tuition and textbooks.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #15
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
Honestly, the rewards systems on all those cards are so minor, it really doesn't matter which you use, because it'll take you seven forevers to earn enough "points" to redeem them for anything worthwhile.
This.

I just use my regular MC for virtually all purchases and just pay off the balance right away. The WM MC looks more like a regular credit card specific to WM perks (eg: Canadian Tire MC), than it does a third party retail card (eg: Future Shop, Brick, etc). Though don't take my word for it since I haven't specifically checked it out. The latter are brutal. Sometimes the interest rate can be upwards of 25%. Avoid those at all costs.

Bottom line: If you can't pay for your toys or basic entertainment goods like a TV, DVDs, etc. in cash, then you cannot afford it. Just sayin'.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #16
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I just use normal debit. I don't want to bother with any of the thousands of points cards... My credit card is for online purchases, and emergencies only.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #17
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

I mostly use my debit card. if I'm making a big purchase then I will use my visa or mastercard.
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #18
CBII
Animated

Normally debit. Never a credit card and especially never one of those stupid store CC's. Have you seen the interest on those things. I don't have a signel CC that has more then 12.99% max for interest. My fave is the 3.99% mastercard I have. So nice not getting jacked by interest rates.

Right now I'm a cash only guy. If I have the cash I'll consider buying it. If not then it waits till next payday when I get my cash again.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:49 PM   #19
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
Normally debit. Never a credit card and especially never one of those stupid store CC's. Have you seen the interest on those things. I don't have a signel CC that has more then 12.99% max for interest. My fave is the 3.99% mastercard I have. So nice not getting jacked by interest rates.

Right now I'm a cash only guy. If I have the cash I'll consider buying it. If not then it waits till next payday when I get my cash again.
Keep in mind if you have good credit you can negotiate those high store cc rates..
I use my Canadian Tire mastercard for everything. Rate is under 10% and as an "elite" member i get heaps of canadian tire cash.
I use the card as if it were my debit card and just make a payment everytime i use it. If i'm going to spend the money might as well get CT Cash for a kickback.
Did i mention i love Canadian tire cash....
Old 06-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #20
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
Interest rates are only an issue if you carry a balance. I'm a pay it off every month guy, so I figure I might as well get something for spending my money on everyday items.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote