Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
pud333
Animated
Fun sh*t you've done at work

Like the title says. List some fun you've had at work (past, present, or future - if you have a time machine)

When I used to work at the movie theater:

- I made coffee popcorn once. Simple logic: coffee beer, coffee crisp, why not coffee popcorn? We threw in some coffee grinds in with the popcorn and a couple minutes later, we had the most disgusting popcorn ever.
- Watching movies while on shift. One day I went in to see Lord of the Rings, and watched the whole thing. Boss never knew I was gone.
- Shooting random stuff up the tubes. We had this tube system where you put the money in a "bullet" which then shot up to the office to be sorted. We would stick toys and gum and other crap up those tubes.
- Playing rug hockey between shows.

When I worked at an electronics store in the shipping bay:

- Pallet Jack races. We perfected the art of drifting around corners in the stock room. May or may not have skidded into some expensive flat screen TVs on more than one occassion.
- Tossed a copier down some stairs. The ink cartridge blew up and covered everything in a cloud of black ink.
- Tied a TV to the rear bumper of a car and then proceeded to do donuts in the parking lot.
- Impaled an old tube TV on a cement post. Those things explode like bombs upon impact.
- Tossed a small tube TV off the second floor right into a larger one. The bang was loud enough to set off car alarms in the parking lot.
- X stock hunt. Sometimes items get discontinued and the remaining old stock is discounted to next to nothing. We would go hunting for X stock around the store every few months. One day I bought a Palm Pilot for 1 cent. When I went to pay for it, I used a penny from the "take a penny" jar to pay for it. Also got a Panasonic 36" TV for $50 (retail $500).
- Drank at work once in a while. Lifting 52" TV's after a few rounds can get sketchy.

Just some of the things I've done while at various jobs. Not proud, but it sure was fun at the time.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
CBII
Animated
Re: Fun sh*t you've done at work

lmao

I almost fell out of the chair laughing when I read that list.

-We did fork lift races. That all ended when we rolled one.
-Took the lumber delivery truck on a delivery and would stop and take a nap.

That's all that I can remember right now.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
Nocturn
Previously Dead

My co-workers and I once used the food supplier to order several cases of BAWL's energy drink for ourselves... it was great.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:06 AM   #4
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
-We did fork lift races. That all ended when we rolled one.
That's funny. I always wanted to race around in one of those things. I also wanted to ride around in one of the lifts used at TRU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
My co-workers and I once used the food supplier to order several cases of BAWL's energy drink for ourselves... it was great.
I used to do that too working for my Dad at his grocery store. At first I did it for candy. When I got older, I did it for beer. Mmm...

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:16 AM   #5
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Back in high school I worked at McDonald's. Also back then they still made Pizza - so I made a McNugget-topped-Pizza for myself one day. Oh man, you have no idea how good that was.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Used to work at a New York Fries in a Theatre.

- whipped ice cubes in the deep fryer
- had water fights with empty drink cups and the hose in the sink
Used to work in a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut too
- whoops, food became "bad" time to dump it! = free food
- made our own custom pizzas/supreme fries/tacos

I used to hookup employees with the heaviest poutines, they were pretty much all vertical fries with lots of cheese and gravy. Gotta feed my fellow minimum wage slaves well.
I also came up with same crazy desserts combos: Taco Bell empanada on top of a Ben & Jerry's ice cream bowl.

Sadly my goofing around pales in comparison to you crazy West coast folks.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

I have definitely had a "light saber" battle with flourecent tubes lights before at work.
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

Before I started selling cars for my family business, I detailed them with my brother. We're talking fights with the pressure washer, hosedowns and getting buckets of soapy water dumped on our heads. Ah, good times!

Oh yeah, and we always put soccer games on live feed at work!

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I used to work in a furniture factory.

Sofa Surfing! What you do is you take 2 sofa carts (2.5x3foot flat wooden board with wheels on the bottom) and lay the sofa across them with one at the front, one at the back. Make sure you have a lot of open space, push the sofa utnil you are in a full run, then jump on and hope the boss doesn't see! Like the forklift racing story above, it ended when I rolled a sofa >.>
But that quickly turned into scootering around on a pallet jack. That went from something fun and turned into a very useful way to get around the factory floor.

Before that I worked at Superstore as a... janitor
One day the garbage had piled up so much (I had a day off...) that in order to get to the Garbage Compactor I had to throw garbage from one end of the room to the other, 40+feet. there was some full pop cans, and the compactor doors were open. inside the compactor were nails sticking out of the wall (WHY?!) First pop can I threw, impaled on one of the nails, from 40 feet away I was still covered in exploded Pepsi... Spending my day throwing stuff was fun, the mess wasn't, haha!
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
Pascal
Banned

I rode bicycles around the office on the 3rd floor often. But it helped working for a company that actually produces bicycles.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work stuff