Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-25-2016, 12:56 AM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Storing your toys/figures

When we pack to move to a new house, we wrap all of our kitchenware, tupperwares, books, etc..in boxes and in plastic bins. What about our Transformers figures, whether they are Masterpieces, Deluxes etc..how do you store them when you move so they won't break? I can't imagine MP's stored loose in boxes or bins.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:43 AM   #2
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions
Re: Storing your toys/figures

MP and expensive 3rd party stuff go in their boxes bc I keep them. (Hold more value of ever decide to sell having the box etc.)

Smaller figs I have in separate Ziplocks with their guns and instructions. Then all in boxes or big plastic bins lined with bubble wrap.

That's how I store and or move stuff.

I had a bunch broken by a moving company when they were just in a box. They obviously weren't careful with said box.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:49 AM   #3
Deception
Crossover

i do the same. jp mps in original boxes. i dont keep 3p boxes at least not a lot of them so for my combiners what i do is saran wrap them really good and then store them in bins. on top of the hasbro crap if possible.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:41 AM   #4
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Sureshot's description is basically how I do it. If I have the box (i.e. it's an expensive piece) I pack it up there. If not, ziploc bag with weapons/paperwork.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #5
optimusb39
Animated

I keep all my 3p boxes due to the resale value on a mib figure and their priccce point. Same for mps. As for regular release fogures i toss the packages usually before i leave the parking lot of the store and then store the figures in Iplock bags along with weapons upon moving. The zipped lot go ibto rubbermaid bins. Andbthe boxed figures goes together in a larger box.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:14 AM   #6
sdmacleod
Big Robot
sdmacleod's Ebay Auctions

If you are storing in totes, I can highly recommend
these tote at Home Depot
I've got 5 stacked up. They're REALLY sturdy, lock well, and they're nicely square (I hate totes with rounded, sloped sides).
I've got two for boxed toys (Devastator and Metroplex _just_ fit), and the rest get bagged up and laid in.
sdmacleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #7
justprime
Animated

All and I mean all loose get zip lock with air left in leaving them cushioned then be it boxed or carded or bagged get the home Depot or larger rubber maid tote treatment ...prototypes get bubble wrapped bagged and tote to prevent brakage or marking.all paper work is zip locked and aaxsseories are individually bagged and included with main toy preventing axeadental scratching of plating or clear parts.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:09 PM   #8
CanBot
Cybertron

I'm about to move my entire collection across the country. I've got all the MPs back in their original boxes, each wrapped in a layer of thin bubble wrap, and then all those stacked in sturdy plastic bins, with more packing filler (newspapers). That gets zip tied closed after the movers inspect it, and on it's way it will go. The loose stuff will be bubble wrapped and placed in small boxes.

Either way, I'm wrapping it and the movers are only moving what I packed. I get the benefit of knowing it's done with care, and because they inspect prior to loading, I still get insurance if it's damaged (say, they drop a box or something). It's win-win, but does cost me some time.