Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 09-27-2019, 05:11 PM   #51
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise
Re: HasLab War For Cybertron Unicron New Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmasterke View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that it's magically going to get the remaining 2k backers just before the time runs out. Hasbro probably always had plans to have it go into production, but they used the Kickstarter approach over made to order so they could create fake urgency for those who were on the fence of buying the figure.

The same suspicious thing happened with Jabba's barge (if I'm remembering right).
I'm absolutely certain this will happen. I'm not worried at all about this campaign not funding because it will be funded. There are some people here who will cry manipulation, deceit and trickery from Hasbro but that doesn't diminish my desire to buy this figure at all because I wanted it anyways and I don't care how Hasbro markets their stuff. I'm a grown adult who can think for himself. They already had me at Huge Ass Unicron toy!
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:27 PM   #52
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

I stated my opinion on what I thought of it.
Don't like it? Too bad. I don't care either way. I didn't insult anyone.

You want to buy it go for it.
Zeta's is a much better looking figure in my opinion and seems like loads of others. I personally don't give a shit about it's their IP etc etc. Hasbro has been screwing us for years on price and quality. I'll buy from whomever makes the characters I want that hasbro never will.

And sorry to tell you but I am absolutely correct about them doing this to test how much people are willing to pay.
It's all downhill from here. Hell this last series all prices have gone up a lot while quality has gone down.
Watch the next line will be even crappier and still cost more.
None of you can deny that fact.

Again my opinion. I'm entitled to it and I am allowed to speak my mind.

Don't like peoples opinions you should probably get off the internet before you're feelings get hurt.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366

Last edited by Sureshot22; 09-29-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:08 AM   #53
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
I stated my opinion on what I thought of it.
Don't like it? Too bad. I don't care either way. I didn't insult anyone.

You want to buy it go for it.
Zeta's is a much better looking figure in my opinion and seems like loads of others. I personally don't give a shit about it's their IP etc etc. Hasbro has been screwing us for years on price and quality. I'll buy from whomever makes the characters I want that hasbro never will.

And sorry to tell you but I am absolutely correct about them doing this to test how much people are willing to pay.
It's all downhill from here. Hell this last series all prices have gone up a lot while quality has gone down.
Watch the next line will be even crappier and still cost more.
None of you can deny that fact.

Again my opinion. I'm entitled to it and I am allowed to speak my mind.

Don't like peoples opinions you should probably get off the internet before you're feelings get hurt.
*applause*

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:15 AM   #54
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
I didn't insult anyone.
Quote:
people are stupid enough to drop 1k on a big ugly toy......they were kind of right people are dumb enough.
Calling people stupid and dumb for how they decide to spend their money is an insult.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:49 AM   #55
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee

If you want to take a generalized statement as a direct insult that's your issue.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:42 AM   #56
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
If you want to take a generalized statement as a direct insult that's your issue.
Calling people stupid for liking something you don't is an insult. That statement was absolutely uncalled for. Let people enjoy things. Just because you hate Unicron, doesn't mean people are stupid for buying it. This forum has become so toxic lately.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:47 AM   #57
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Hasbro has been screwing us for years on price and quality. I'll buy from whomever makes the characters I want that hasbro never will.

It's all downhill from here.
I preordered Unicron because I still want the figure and if that means I buy a third of Hasbro related products compared to what I usually spend in a year, or less possibly, then for me Unicron is fine, but I wont deny the price is unrealistic, but again, I think a lot of Hasbro figures have become unrealistic in terms of price and value.

As much as a LOVE the BW Mp's, they are pricey, but oh so beautiful...but to think HasTak cant do a more affordable price, they likely can but they are testing the market and what we are willing to pay. In return, I buy fare less of their stuff. HasTak, more so Hasbro, is going to price themselves out of the market soon enough. When parents cant afford a basic figure like the crap that is cyberverse, also over-priced, then their lines will start to die. Sucks for us but cause has affects. It's a good time to slowly move away from collecting.

Last edited by joshimus; 09-30-2019 at 11:34 AM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:34 AM   #58
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee

Yup that's what I ment about screwing us for years I still feel it's going to get worse after this though.

Again I stand by my comment. I think it's an absurd price and it's stupid for people to pay that much for what it is.

It's your money. Do with it as you please. I never said not to. Hasbro is laughing all the way to the bank about it.

Again it is a generalized comment about people being dumb for spending so much. Like joshimus said the prices are stupid for a while now but we all pay it so yes I'm in the dumb category also for what I've paid for a lot of their stuff.

I bought the rainmakers and the refraktor set. Neither of those are worth the price. So I'm dumb too. I never said anyone specific is dumb. So again if you have a problem with my opinion that's your problem not mine when I am in the category also. Just not when it comes to unicron.

It's funny to say "because you hate unicron" lol funny that i have every version of him to date. I have multiple version of him. The original orange one x2 or 3. The black version. And the 30th anniversary or whatever year it was of him and primus. I just dont like the version haslab came out with and the cost is insane.

So stop being overly sensitive about a general comment. Or do. I really don't care. I'm allowed to have an opinion.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:48 AM   #59
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Calling people stupid for liking something you don't is an insult. That statement was absolutely uncalled for. Let people enjoy things. Just because you hate Unicron, doesn't mean people are stupid for buying it. This forum has become so toxic lately.

Hey look. An example of an opinion.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:48 AM   #60
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
It's funny to say "because you hate unicron" lol funny that i have every version of him to date. I have multiple version of him. The original orange one x2 or 3. The black version. And the 30th anniversary or whatever year it was of him and primus. I just dont like the version haslab came out with and the cost is insane.
... I was clearly talking about THIS Unicron, that's what this thread is about, not the general concept of Unicron, Jesus... I don't like THIS Unicron either, but my friend who is buying it isn't stupid because he likes it.
I think this Unicron has too much kibble, the colour is completely wrong, and depending on colour and price, I would be interested in the Zeta release. If Hasbro's Unicron was the right colour, and wasn't a shellformer, I'd be totally ok paying that much for something so big, if I had the money to spare at the time of course.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote