Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night
8 weeks "smoke free"

For those who follow me on Twitter & I'm friends with on Facebook, you already know this.

8 weeks ago today, I had my last "real" cigarette & I picked up an E-cigarette & have not looked back.
I'm still hooked on nicotine, but I'm slowly stepping myself down. I started 8 weeks ago on 24mg & now I'm down to 12mg.
It was a painless transition for me & even the smell of cigarette makes me sick now.
While I don't have a "set end date" to stop using my Ecig. I honestly can't see myself ever having a real cigarette again.

Anyways, it got me thinking. Are there anymore "vapers" here on Cy.ca?

Also I thought it might be a good place for anyone that has thought about or looked into E-cigs to ask questions or look for advice. As my rig always gets me alot of questions.
I'm far from master on the subject, but I've tired enough rigs out to know what works.
There is alot of crap devices out there, that are a waste of money & don't hold up to daily use.

Let's keep it civil folks.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Commandoclone87
Seeker
Re: 8 weeks "smoke free"

Congratulations
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Way to go dude. I know its hard, I was there every step of the way helping my wife kick the habbit. We're all here rootin for you. Awesome!
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Glad to see you're going through this.I know a couple of people that tried to kick the habit and went back and forth between quitting and smoking again,so I have a grasp in knowing what you're getting at.

Keep going and don't give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

congrats man, if i can quit, you can quit too

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
sikkbones
Banned

i want to try an e-cigarette but i wonder what the diffrence is... and i've been smoking for about 20 years so i dont know how easy it would be for me to quit.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
silent4life
Beasty

Congrats! I stopped at the beginning of January this year, after 15 years of smoking. I did it cold turkey, and surprisingly I didn't have any cravings. Mind you, I did quit right before I had an eye procedure done, so not sure if the pain killers I was on for a couple days took away my craving for a smoke.

Keep it up!
silent4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #8
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

This may be a really dumb question, and I am sure Google can clear it up... but this is a discussion board, so let's discuss.

What exactly is an E-cig?

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
juxtapose519
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
This may be a really dumb question, and I am sure Google can clear it up... but this is a discussion board, so let's discuss.

I'm not 100% on the science, but I know that they vaporize some kid of liquid compound into smoke that simulates a nicotine cigarette. I've also heard that they've potentially harmful and addictive as well, so I don't know what to think. I don't know anyone who's tried one, so I don't really know how useful they are as a quit smoking aid.

In other words, I probably shouldn't have bothered giving my input! :thumbsup:!!

Congrats NP!

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #10
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
i want to try an e-cigarette but i wonder what the diffrence is... and i've been smoking for about 20 years so i dont know how easy it would be for me to quit.
I've been smoking for 15 years, so I know where your coming from. I didn't think an e-cig would work either. it took alot of trail & error. As well as research to find the right set up for me. Alot of things come into play, vapor, throat hit & flavor. Are key things, myself. I need vapor & flavor. Throat hit, not so much. My wife likes throat hit & flavor.

There is also, cart vs drip vs tanks, but that a hole other kettle of fish.

The Tech over the last 5 years has, moved away from the "cigarette" looking devices, but they are a ok place to start, if you want to try it out with out spending a lot of money. Don't pay more then $20, for one of those you see in a mini-mart.

My own personal rig looks like this.

It's a variable voltage tube mod with a 6ml tank.
it may look a lil complex, but after a small learning cruve it's pretty easy. Youtube is a great place for info. I like this guy the best.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GrimmGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post

ignore all the PR, it's safer BS. but basicly. it breakdowns like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqz6TvAKcBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
I'm not 100% on the science, but I know that they vaporize some kid of liquid compound into smoke that simulates a nicotine cigarette. I've also heard that they've potentially harmful and addictive as well, so I don't know what to think. I don't know anyone who's tried one, so I don't really know how useful they are as a quit smoking aid.

In other words, I probably shouldn't have bothered giving my input! :thumbsup:!!

Congrats NP!

As someone how has the mind set, that E-cigs are no "safer" then real cigs. I can say that I do wonder about the long term effects of using an E-cig. the studies just are not there yet.
But what I can tell you, is that it works for me & the money i save per month is instantly noticeable.
Me & my wife would spend $600-800 on smokes.
And now after "setup costs" (which ran just over $250 for us both) we spend about $50 a month.
$550-$750 extra buck in my bank account a month is a very nice thing.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote