Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Haslab Titan class toy?
Hell yes, sign up right now!!! 5 8.47%
Yes, with lots of extras ($350 price) 6 10.17%
Yes ($250-$300 price range) and some extras 11 18.64%
Yes, but no more than $200. 7 11.86%
Yes but only at general retail price 17 28.81%
Hell no!! Never going to happen. 13 22.03%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2021, 07:35 PM   #31
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Poll: Would you buy a Haslab Titan Class toy?

Unless I get to be a multi-millionaire with a multi-milllionaire-like residence, it's an easy NO.

I have Siege Omega Supreme, and that's about as big as I get. It's the only big 'bot I care enough about to warrant the cost. And space.

I'm a G1-er and that is all which is truly relevant to me. Unicron only transformed once in the cartoon series, and the cities maybe twice or thrice? Not memorable to me, and hardly enough for any character development.

Give me the gesalts. And sometime soon, before I feel I can afford the current 3P offerings.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:31 AM   #32
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
I prefer not to pay titan-class shipping costs
Also THIS

I got my LG-EX Metroplex from Mandarake, and shipping was pretty big, EVEN before the 2021 shipping conditions (pretty much only most-expensive DHL to ship to Canada)

I'd surely rather carry a titan out from TRU myself

Or get free Prime shipping off Amazon, for that matter
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:40 AM   #33
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Agreed.. that's why I'm saying that the Ark being a play set type that you could use with the figures (deluxes, voyagers, etc.) would be the biggest selling point of such a toy.
The one review of Unicron shows the base you plug the mini Hotrod/Galvatron has a few other "spots" as well, and called it a possible easter egg. I wonder if the Ark will have smaller figures as well...Which in all honestly I couldn't care less about. I mean I think Wheelie and Brains are still in the plastic packaging from when I got SS Shockwave...or maybe I threw them out. I honestly dont know
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:19 AM   #34
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
The one review of Unicron shows the base you plug the mini Hotrod/Galvatron has a few other "spots" as well, and called it a possible easter egg. I wonder if the Ark will have smaller figures as well...Which in all honestly I couldn't care less about. I mean I think Wheelie and Brains are still in the plastic packaging from when I got SS Shockwave...or maybe I threw them out. I honestly dont know

Wasn't there a mini Optimus Prime figure included with the Generations Selects Centurion that was supposed to scale with Unicron?

I'm pretty sure there will be other little Easter eggs down the road to go with Unicron.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:28 AM   #35
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Would you buy a Haslab Titan class toy?
Hell yes, sign up right now!!!
Yes, with lots of extras ($350 price)
Yes ($250-$300 price range) and some extras
Yes, but no more than $200.
Yes but only at general retail price
Hell no!! Never going to happen.
I think you're missing the option of:
-Yes, but only at retail sale price

There's no valid option for me otherwise.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:34 AM   #36
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post

Seconded
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:46 AM   #37
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post

Honestly there isn't any chance that Haslab would be done at retail sales price for a Titan.

I really only put the options I did to pad out the poll a bit. The limited nature of Haslab seems that they would never be retail in price. Look at the Razor Crest and Sentinel. Both of those would probably have been less at retail.

Of course that is no guarantee. Look at the crazy retail price for the BMF. It was what $150 when it was initially released all those years ago? Now they released it and asked $500 for something they already had the tooling for!!!! What? Slapping on a vintage label/packaging makes it more expensive for Star Wars fans?

Really though I made the poll because I think it is safe to say Titans are done at retail, so Haslab may be the only way to go in the future.

Personally I would probably go in on some repaints, but they would be price dependent, along with extras.

I mean a Black Zarak, Metrotitan, Omega Sentinel are all "easy" repaints. However the question is can they get enough interest? Unicron had to be extended to make his goal ( of course look at the crazy aftermarket prices now) and Grand Maximus didn't even make 3000 units right? Not a great look for future projects, at least for TFs.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:50 PM   #38
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Honestly there isn't any chance that Haslab would be done at retail sales price for a Titan.

I really only put the options I did to pad out the poll a bit. The limited nature of Haslab seems that they would never be retail in price. Look at the Razor Crest and Sentinel. Both of those would probably have been less at retail.

Of course that is no guarantee. Look at the crazy retail price for the BMF. It was what $150 when it was initially released all those years ago? Now they released it and asked $500 for something they already had the tooling for!!!! What? Slapping on a vintage label/packaging makes it more expensive for Star Wars fans?

Really though I made the poll because I think it is safe to say Titans are done at retail, so Haslab may be the only way to go in the future.

Personally I would probably go in on some repaints, but they would be price dependent, along with extras.

I mean a Black Zarak, Metrotitan, Omega Sentinel are all "easy" repaints. However the question is can they get enough interest? Unicron had to be extended to make his goal ( of course look at the crazy aftermarket prices now) and Grand Maximus didn't even make 3000 units right? Not a great look for future projects, at least for TFs.
Just take a look at the current/upcoming re-releases of POTP Abominus/Volcanicus. They're absurd. They're slight redecoes of toys that were released only three years ago. $265 cdn on Ages 3 and Up. For four twenty dollar toys and one thirty dollar toy.

There is inflation/price increase, and ... whatever that it is. Not literal robbery, but it sure feels like robbery.

If they crowdfund, say, Blackzarak, it will cost more than Scorp even if it's just a straight redeco just "because."

Or the current headmaster reissues. That line came out in 2016-2017. Those toys are four and under years old. There is not a single thing that justifies now charging $33 for toys that were $20 a few years ago. They're literally straight redecos (whatever on the Takara heads, that's still not "new").

I have never paid full price for a Titan toy. Always a sale. Some great sales, some just your 20%. To pay a. more b. plus shipping. Nope.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:51 PM   #39
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Wasn't there a mini Optimus Prime figure included with the Generations Selects Centurion that was supposed to scale with Unicron?
I dunno. Maybe. Not familiar to me though
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #40
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:

I'm pretty sure there will be other little Easter eggs down the road to go with Unicron.
Yes there is
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote