Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #21
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Re: The new TMNT figures

Just as an addendum to my original post: My opinions of the new series being "ass" were mostly based on the first preview that Nickelodeon put out, which mostly consisted of quickly-edited cuts of the Turtles jumping around and spewing catch-phrases. Since then, they've put out more complete scenes such as this one, which have made me quite a bit more optimistic about the series.

I'm still glad that they didn't go overboard with show-accuracy for the initial line-up, though; I like having versions of the Turtles that aren't strictly tied to one particular incarnation of the franchise.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #22
juxtapose519
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
The new toon figures are good. The classics are garbage and a waste of plastic.
You're either lying, or insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMnky View Post
I saw the classics and I really want them but at $22 a pop I need to wait for money to build up saldy.
Check your local comic book and toy shops. Heroes Comics here in London usually puts a decent markup on the toys they carry and they have the Classics turtles for $17.99 each.

I don't know how TRU stirred up the audacity to charge so much for them, but now I regret jumping on them so quickly and paying so much.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #23
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
I hate:
-The articulation
-The head sculpts
-The scale
I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but I just don't get your point of view.

I remember getting my first TMNT toy, it was a foot solider. Unfortunantly I was unable to ever find the turtles and had to settle for the second tier guys. A Foot solider, Leather Neck and Yosagi consisted of my collection, sad really. I always enjoyed the series and the toys, but could never get the main guys. As I grew up I passed on the various incarnations of the turtles. They were either too cartoony or too out there (Star Trek?? ) and even the new series didn't give me much hope for the line in general. Finally the Neca figures came out and there was hope for a decent turtles figure, but I was too busy with transformers. I regret passing on these figures, but only until I saw these new playmates figures in pictures at toy fair. Not since sigma 6 Was I so excited to have these figures in hand. So kudos to playmates for releasing these guys. Finally I have some TMNT love!
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #24
Pascal
Banned

I wonder if my son would be interested in turtles...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #25
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator

Now that I've opened the two I got (Donatello and Raphael, the not-classic versions), they are pretty awesome. I just wish TRU had the other two when I went.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #26
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
You're either lying, or insane.
Neither. As a matter of course I avoid 6 inch figures, too much for too little. And I've always hated cartoon accurate turtles. They invariably look like shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
not me..

I LOVE:
-The articulation
-The head sculpts
-The scale

my 10 year old self would crap his pants if he'd seen the pic below!

And my 7 year old self would wonder what then hell is wrong with their heads and hands. Then not buy and get the nick toon style figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but I just don't get your point of view.

I remember getting my first TMNT toy, it was a foot solider. Unfortunantly I was unable to ever find the turtles and had to settle for the second tier guys. A Foot solider, Leather Neck and Yosagi consisted of my collection, sad really. I always enjoyed the series and the toys, but could never get the main guys. As I grew up I passed on the various incarnations of the turtles. They were either too cartoony or too out there (Star Trek?? ) and even the new series didn't give me much hope for the line in general. Finally the Neca figures came out and there was hope for a decent turtles figure, but I was too busy with transformers. I regret passing on these figures, but only until I saw these new playmates figures in pictures at toy fair. Not since sigma 6 Was I so excited to have these figures in hand. So kudos to playmates for releasing these guys. Finally I have some TMNT love!
And my first TMNT was Leonardo, incidentally the first of 2012 figures I got. And they scratch the nostalgia itch WAY more than that classics junk.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #27
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

So you hate the classic turtle figures because you hate the classic turtles?

That's like saying you hate tomato sauce because you hate tomatoes; even though the tomato sauce was prepared by a world class chief. A blind person could see that these figures are a great representation of the source material and what more could you ask for in a toy?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #28
Pascal
Banned

I'm not a fan, but I can't see what could possibly be wrong on the Classic figures. They look perfect to me.

Last edited by Pascal; 08-22-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #29
lars573
Energon

Unless you hate the way the old animation models of the turtles look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
So you hate the classic turtle figures because you hate the classic turtles?
No I hate the look of the animated series. Something was always wrong about it. The toys were fine.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #30
Hellboy
Alternator

I'm going to reiterate that the Retro Collector figures are awesome for anyone who loved the classic Ninja Turtles (cartoons or movies).

Now that I have all four of the new Turtles too I'm giving them all 5 pizza slices out of five! Their articulation could be a bit better for range of motion but it's not bad enough for me to complain about. Love them.