Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas
Re: Does TF:Prime put the "Multiversal Singularity" idea to rest?

From what I understand, Hasbro's official position is that Transformers Prime does not fall within the scope of the established rules of the Transformers Multiverse. It's a separate thing altogether.

Pretty sure this came out of the news from Botcon if someone wants to check up on that.

If that winds up being the case, I'll be a little disappointed. Having every Transformers story ever made being a small piece of a larger tapestry makes the whole mythology of it more special. But it's not like it's a deal breaker or anything.

Sayonara.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #12
BruticusMax
Bruticus Maximus Forever!

or we can forget about it and just enjoy the show for what it is haha
BruticusMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #13
Megatronimus
Beasty

You know what I really want in regards to TF continuity? I want an official timeline explaining how we went from G1 to Beast Wars. And I want to know for certainty whether the ending of BM is the actual ending of the G1-BW timeline.

Thanks.
Megatronimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #14
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Here's how I see it. Unicron (and Primus) is actually not a singularity, or rather doesn't ever start out as a singularity.

Each starts out with their own origin, their own development, and their own similar personalities. Once they learn of the Multiverse, they seek to branch their power out to the other realities to both influence them and collect power.

That right there is when each unique Unicron learns of the others, and they decide to network into one consciousness across the Multiverse. Each physical form of Unicron just becomes a limb of the Unicron collective after they've networked. That being said, the Unicron collective can send one of his limbs from one reality to another if need be, and he hasn't existed there yet.

The same applies for Primus, though his motive was more likely to defend against the legion of Unicron. There doesn't actually have to be some cosmic balance between the two, as Over-Run's original reality in the Dreamwave Armada comic demonstrates where Unicron has won and Cybertron was consumed.

As for other reality hopping characters, well they just by chance haven't met any of their doubles because their origin was just so rare, and they are each reality hopping.

As for how this applies for the original 13, well, that's per reality. In most cases they're just identical and therefore, no reason to consider them different characters.

This means that The Fallen in the Bayverse is not the same individual as The Fallen as the Dreamwave comics. It also explains why none of the original Primes in RotF even remotely resembled Vector Prime.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #15
sikkbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
See, what I think is...

WARNING! SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE SEASON FINALE(EPISODE 26) YET!

...I think that the reason this series is called "Transformer: Prime" is because this is first, or main, universe that the Transformers multiverse sprang out of. If you've ever read DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths or watched Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths or anything like that you know what I'm talking about.

Building off that, I theorize that when Prime used the Matrix on Unicron, he was not completely destroyed. As stated in the episode itself, Unicron had transcended his physical form. If you'd notice, his spark/essence did not explode, but implode. Which suggests to me that he retreated by warping himself into an alternate universe to avoid being obliterated.

But which universe did he travel to? Well I like to think, and this is just more speculation, that perhaps weakened by this ordeal, Unicron sought to have a physical body once more and enlisted the aid of of a little monkey-thing named Primacron. And thus began the G1 universe.

After that, who knows? Maybe he traveled to other universes ... conquering ... corrupting ... destroying ... devouring ... the usual M.O.
i'm thinking it's a reference to optimus prime more than the earth 1 of transformers... i think one of the G1 contuinities.. should be considered the earth one...

not being a geewun geek, but really....
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #16
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I think the idea of the Multiversal Singularity is neat and all, but I feel it's not unnecessary and is only there for people that are ultra hardcore about their ficiton. Just like the fans that have somehow put together a Zelda timeline of all the games that actually makes sense and works (I like the split timeline theory, myself), cool but really is just bonus content.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #17
Protoman
The Legend

When Unicron dies, he is reborn in another time/reality. This goes the same for his spawn The Fallen/Megatronus Prime.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #18
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjatron View Post
From what I understand, Hasbro's official position is that Transformers Prime does not fall within the scope of the established rules of the Transformers Multiverse. It's a separate thing altogether.

Pretty sure this came out of the news from Botcon if someone wants to check up on that.

If that winds up being the case, I'll be a little disappointed. Having every Transformers story ever made being a small piece of a larger tapestry makes the whole mythology of it more special. But it's not like it's a deal breaker or anything.

Sayonara.
I understand this is the case. Even the club's reiterated the position that everything in the Prime continuity family falls outside of the multiversal singularity.

Mind, I think part of that is because Alpha Trion's use would cause significant problems if so, given that they have the Shattered Glass version of the character.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #19
Perceptor
Alternator

As Hasbro continues to develop new shows and new characters in the years to come, sticking to original multiverse or some sort of continuity is probably limiting to what they can write. I suspect we could see more shows created down the road that are completely detached from previously established timeslines/continuity.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #20
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor View Post
As Hasbro continues to develop new shows and new characters in the years to come, sticking to original multiverse or some sort of continuity is probably limiting to what they can write. I suspect we could see more shows created down the road that are completely detached from previously established timeslines/continuity.
Pretty much; though I think going forward, for the next few years anyway, the plan is for Prime to be the main continuity.