Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 04-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Transformers Prime Episode 12 - Predatory Discussion

The writers of this series really seem to like horror; it's rare that we get any horror-themed episodes in a Transformers series, and now we've had two in the first dozen episodes alone.

I'm not complaining, though, since they've both (this one and Scrapheap) been great.

Not sure why they didn't just call Airachnid "Blackarachnia," though. Maybe its because previous BAs have either been redeemed during the series (Beast Wars) or at least had the potential for redemption (Animated) so they changed the name to make it more obvious that this version was purely evil.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
transforminator
Destroyer
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 12 - Predatory Discussion

this was by far, the scariest transformers episode i have seen lol

apparently airachnid does have legs...who knew

the memory sequences were also pretty stunning but scary on their own right

overall great episode
transforminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Not sure why they didn't just call Airachnid "Blackarachnia," though. Maybe its because previous BAs have either been redeemed during the series (Beast Wars) or at least had the potential for redemption (Animated) so they changed the name to make it more obvious that this version was purely evil.
I know, that's my only complaint too! It's a missed opportunity. You know, it really makes me wonder how the kids are responding, when they see episodes like these...I wonder if it gives them nightmares?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
Lacimehc
Akio Kawazu's only fanboy

I can see why they didn't name her Blackarachnia now. This character has a very different personality and is far more sinister. Arachnid appears to be pure evil unlike Blackarachnia.
Lacimehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
jackwacko
Classic

My name is actually Jack, and that part where she comes out upside down was damn scary .... Her character and robot mode looks very cool, but would have been cool to give her a full beast mode as well.
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I thought this episode was fantastic. My only complaint was that Airachnid never transformed. Well, she sort of did. She did switch from half-spider mode to robot mode, but that's basically just her extending her humanoid legs and retracting her spider legs. She also did sort of transform into a "drill mode" at the end. Which struck me as really weird, and gave me movie Scorponok flashbacks. But you know, she is called AIRachnid, and if you look at her back where all the legs come out, it looks like in the center that there's a thing similar to the thing on a helicopter that holds all the blades together. So I was waiting to whole episode to turn into a helicopter. Oh well, maybe the episode she's in.

I really, REALLY hope they make an Airachnid toy. As difficult as it would be to pull off, I think it would be a really awesome figure.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #7
Vakamadisk
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I thought this episode was fantastic. My only complaint was that Airachnid never transformed. Well, she sort of did. She did switch from half-spider mode to robot mode, but that's basically just her extending her humanoid legs and retracting her spider legs. She also did sort of transform into a "drill mode" at the end. Which struck me as really weird, and gave me movie Scorponok flashbacks. But you know, she is called AIRachnid, and if you look at her back where all the legs come out, it looks like in the center that there's a thing similar to the thing on a helicopter that holds all the blades together. So I was waiting to whole episode to turn into a helicopter. Oh well, maybe the episode she's in.

I really, REALLY hope they make an Airachnid toy. As difficult as it would be to pull off, I think it would be a really awesome figure.
As I said in another topic: "To the Spidercopter!"
Airachnid would make for an awesome toy, provided it's made correctly.

I really enjoyed this episode. Spooky settings have always drawn in my attention, and this episode hit me in the right places. Bravo!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:19 AM   #8
Perceptor
Alternator

Maybe it's just me... I thought Airachnid looked weird when she's walking on long spider legs, with her body hanging mid-air, arms out front, and some sort of elongated body that reminds me of like a fish ... evil robotic mermaid with huge long spider legs coming out from the back?? I guess that's a half transformed mode? Anyway, really enjoyed the epidsode though. This series is engaging... I like how the show is a bit "dark".
Old 04-17-2011, 05:14 AM   #9
Darth Grimlock
Robot Master

It seems that wherever she scanned her alt mode, they had half the body of a spider and half of a humanoid. I liked it myself, something different from the other spiderbots that we have had in the past. What I want to know is what is all the shinny plating on her arms????
Darth Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #10
Autovolt 127
Animated

I will defend Airachnid now for two reasons.

1. she's her own charecter, Blackarachinda has good in her (IN BW she was initially a Maximal Protoform corrupted by Tarantulas but when she met Silverbolt, fell in love...blah, blah, she almost died trying to remove that aspect to be purely Maximal) and (In Animated was Elita-1, Autobot, left behind mutated by spiders, ashamed of who she was, joined the Cons, left, tried numerous expirements to remove it, she almost died to save Optimus and Sentinel when Waspinator blew up)

Airachnid is a cross between a Dexter bad guy serial killer and the Predator. Collects trophies. I mean the episode was called Predatory.

2. I love the daddy long legs gimmick, makes her scarier.

Also Poor Tailgate.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote