Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-09-2022, 05:44 PM   #11
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Is bbts good to use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord2004 View Post
I saw the beast kingdom megs was like 29 bucks usd plus 13.70 shipping does the 29 usd stay 29 in cdn or is it converted to cdn at checkout I?m planing to use a gift card I got for buying it it?s like fifty bucks cdn can that buy it or will it go over 50 thanks for the help
The price itself is never converted. It will be charged to you in 29 usd (plus shipping) and you will have to pay it in USD. So if you use a bank account or credit card, those institutions will convert that price plus a 2% fee.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 06:02 PM   #12
Robbler
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Yes, BBTS is fine. Problem is the same as any other US retailer, you will be charged taxes and duty fees. So what you want either better be a really good deal OR simply not affordable/available anywhere north of the border.
Guess it depends on how much you spend. I've only ever been hit with duty and tax when I've spent $100 USD before shipping and that was only once. I don't usually buy more than $40-50 worth of stuff from them, usually when I can't find a fig or two left in store here. I've also spend upwards of $90 and never got hit for it either.
Old 09-09-2022, 06:22 PM   #13
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord2004 View Post
I saw the beast kingdom megs was like 29 bucks usd plus 13.70 shipping does the 29 usd stay 29 in cdn or is it converted to cdn at checkout I?m planing to use a gift card I got for buying it it?s like fifty bucks cdn can that buy it or will it go over 50 thanks for the help
BBTS is awesome and used to be my go to place years ago, but there are better Canadian options now like ToySnowMan and A3U with cheaper shipping and not having to pay a customs processing fee if you randomly get hit with customs... Still, if you see a good enough deal, there's no issue.

But the prices are in USD. So you'll have to budget conversion fees.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 07:46 PM   #14
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

I use them a lot and aside from slow delivery they are fine. Out of the last 10 purchases I've been hit with duties only twice maybe? Don't know how that works either as my purchases were way under $100 cdn once converted. I asked the employee and she admitted it made no sense to her either.🤷*♂️😊 I only use them for stuff that us more difficult to get here or when their items come in early,which does happen often.
SHCKWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 01:24 AM   #15
starscreamX
Generation 1

Anyone used Show.Z store before? Planning to get Skyfire from them. Would such a large purchase incur duties?
starscreamX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 06:44 AM   #16
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscreamX View Post
Anyone used Show.Z store before? Planning to get Skyfire from them. Would such a large purchase incur duties?
ShowZ is probably more famous than BBTS on TFW2005 now, just buy with confidence, no need to worry about duties because ShowZ is actually from China, they will auto declare less value on your package, like $20 or $30.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 07:19 AM   #17
Overlord2004
Generation 2

Thanks for the help and replies
Overlord2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 11:33 AM   #18
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscreamX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
ShowZ is probably more famous than BBTS on TFW2005 now, just buy with confidence, no need to worry about duties because ShowZ is actually from China, they will auto declare less value on your package, like $20 or $30.
Yup, Show Z is by far the best retailer I've ever dealt with for Transformers (and other figures too really). I've been purchasing from them since 2017. Their customer service is excellent, their prices are usually one of the lowest, their shipping is cheap, no duties as each order is declared low, really nothing to complain about. Use them if you can.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 03:45 PM   #19
starscreamX
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Yup, Show Z is by far the best retailer I've ever dealt with for Transformers (and other figures too really). I've been purchasing from them since 2017. Their customer service is excellent, their prices are usually one of the lowest, their shipping is cheap, no duties as each order is declared low, really nothing to complain about. Use them if you can.

Thank you. I will go with ShowZ then!
starscreamX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 04:49 PM   #20
Ozrein
Stunticon

I used to use BBTS a lot. But typically I’d have my orders shipped to WA State address to save shipping costs and usually some or all customs by bringing the order back across the line myself.
When I’ve had them ship to me in Canada, shipping was pricey (depending on size of order) and would usually get hit by customs (usually for orders over $100 CAD).
I now use ShowZ or Amazon Japan for most all of my orders or ToyCrusaders (Canadian etailer) for stuff I just don’t want to hunt for locally.