Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-08-2022, 12:04 PM   #11
Covain
Machine War
Re: Store employees ever give you trouble?

I've never had an experience close to that. In fact almost the opposite. When hunting for the headmasters several months ago I asked an employee to check the SKU and see if they had any or any of the nearby stores and it showed stock there but nothing on the shelves. He said they were probably in the box on one of the nearby pallets and if I could find the box he was happy to open and get them for me. Fair enough he's busy doing his job so I looked for a couple mins, found the box, grabbed him and opened it there and gave me the ones I was looking for. Recently had a 2 other instances where they really looked hard for the items but no luck. It sounds like he was way to invested in that and my guess is the same as Marcotron's. He probably wanted to sell them himself.

It's too bad that happened when you were with your family. If it was just you, you could have pushed back a little more and asked to see a manager or supervisor and call that guy out.
Covain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 12:18 PM   #12
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I guess the lesson is, never return to the scene of a crime, you should have got the loot and ran to the self-check out!

I dunno I'm usually pretty good with the employees, I always ask to look at contents of box and they almost always are good with it, if not I go ask a yellow shirt and they give the go ahead.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 01:27 PM   #13
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I guess the lesson is, never return to the scene of a crime, you should have got the loot and ran to the self-check out!
LOL, THIS right here is what I was kickin myself over - I did it to myself, right?
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 01:32 PM   #14
Skorpulator
Armada

Never happened to me, employees are usually very helpful.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 01:56 PM   #15
Northerncrowe
Generation 2

I had a guy hesitate to give me a cosmos from a case because he said, "I may not be allowed to put them out yet." even if the case was sitting there to put out. But he checked the computer and finally let me take one.
Northerncrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 02:18 PM   #16
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
LOL, THIS right here is what I was kickin myself over - I did it to myself, right?
Yup... Unless I see an employee around to ask, I feel sneaky when I do it, and I would not return once I did it unless a change of heart to grab something more that I might have hesitated on...

Always assume the worst with people... That's my motto.

:-p
Old 09-08-2022, 02:33 PM   #17
theoneyouknowleast
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoPrime View Post
From what I can tell Walmart isn't the first choice to work there for most people, so much as it is out of necessity.

And at the lower end, those employees can be written up and/or fired for not scanning or displaying products correctly. A family member of mine works in one in Toronto and from what Ive heard it's a bitch of a job, with little pay, and joyful customers to deal with.

To play devil's advocate, buddy could've been scared shitless to lose his job (doesn't justify the attitude on his part, but there's always a reason and not necessarily just because they are a dick or power trippin').

People are struggling to pay bills, make ends meet, and put a roof over their heads more than ever. I cant imagine working at a place like Walmart, or retail for that matter, being an uplifting or hopeful experience.

Let's just take a step back and realize how lucky a lot of us are to be venting about not getting a toy.

Perspective always matters. Having worked in retail in my early years. I've know many people who were working to survive. I can't imagine how much rougher things are for people in todays economy.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 03:37 PM   #18
BirdLaw
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
No, he sounds like an employee who works for Walmart so gets paid fuck all to deal with customers treating them like a piece of furniture all day and was sick of another person not respecting them as a human being.
Sounds like a good reason for the employee do not give AF about the losses one of the largest corporations on the planet. Why get into it with customers over anything like this? You don't get paid enough to care.
BirdLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 04:04 PM   #19
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

A couple of times I've asked staff to open boxes on pallets and it's always been okay. Once or twice they scan the box or item to make sure it's in the system, and since it is, it's okay.

Not toy related, but one time the Walmart app said there was a food item in stock (hard to find) and I went there and couldn't find it on the shelves, so I asked a clerk, and it was still out back and the guy went and got them from out back for me. That was super helpful!
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 04:10 PM   #20
steamwhistle
Crossover

Years ago in a TRU, I saw MP-10 in the shipping package (2 per pack) at the bottom of a large stack of other shipping packages which were all in a pallet wrapped in cellophane.

I asked nicely at customer service if I could buy it and the employee came with me to cut through the cellophane and get at that box of Optimus Primes. I was thankful. I figured to be kind and not try to buy both.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote