Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-19-2022, 04:30 PM   #31
Skorpulator
Armada
Re: Store employees ever give you trouble?

Honestly, I thought your story was going to end with a "and he gave me a $25 store credit for the trouble"...
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:42 PM   #32
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Honestly, I thought your story was going to end with a "and he gave me a $25 store credit for the trouble"...
LOL, I didn't ask, and he didn't offer

Plus if I had asked for a recompense of some sort, idk - I just feel like that would nullify the chances he would actually follow up with the guy ("ya they just came here for gibs" etc)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:08 AM   #33
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Manager said from the description, and fact that the guy didn't appear in to be in that night ( I told him I went over to see if he was there, to arguably get his name if I got close enough, but no dice), that he thinks he knows who I was talking about - said he'd review the footage and find out for sure
Sounds like he already knows who this guy is and he's probably done shit like this before.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:25 AM   #34
Atomicgarden
Generation 2

Glad you got some closure and talked to a manager Evenstaves. Even if you still didn’t get the figures in the end. Hopefully that employee will be put in its place.

I was reading this and thought of a plot twist lol. Imagine turns out the guy doesn’t even work at Walmart. He was a scalper in disguise all along and he goes to every Walmart in the area wearing a vest so he can sneek in and empty palets before they hit shelves.
Atomicgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:37 PM   #35
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Clearly that Walmart employee has never encountered Hot Wheels collectors.
Lmfaooooo!!! I almost spit out my drink. I never realized how crazy hot wheels collectors are till recently.

Few weeks ago they had few skids In toy aisle and noticed these four guys ripping apart those Mattel boxes right out of skids. They looked like a school of piranha.

As for Walmart employees I normally see a transformer box i yank it from the skid right in front of the employees lol guess cause Im scary looking they leave me alone. Other times I ask them if they recieved the items that I'm looking for and they are very helpful, more often than not.

My understanding from the Walmart Dufferin mall toy rep is they always put stock betweeen 6-11pm around that time frame. And when it arrives in the stock room, all the boxes become accounted for. So the floor employees with their scanners will say either one of 3 things. Next day stock is coming in, stock is in the back, and stock is on sales floor.

The moment that skid leaves receiving and is sitting on sales floor even though still on skid it will come up as on sales floor.

This clown definitely knows this. My guess is he wanted those figures for himself, as too why the relentless bickering over them. That and power tripping.

Their is a trend of employees hip to what collectors want now a days and become scalpers themselves

Honestly evenstaves u should have just told him to beat it and continued with purchasing them. If he continued to be a pest, the manager would have told him to settle down
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:54 PM   #36
Prime Sinister
Animated

…manager removes mask in back room and puts on blue vest.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 07:24 AM   #37
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
?manager removes mask in back room and puts on blue vest.
Lmao
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:55 AM   #38
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
?manager removes mask in back room and puts on blue vest.
omg don't put that in my head

I DID call in advance, so it's not IM-possible the yellow-vests could have been pranking me
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 11:41 AM   #39
BeeTrain
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Clearly that Walmart employee has never encountered Hot Wheels collectors.
Funny you mentioned this. I was at a Walmart yesterday because their Cosmos was supposed to come in (it didn't). There was a Hot Wheels collector tearing apart the put-away pallet and going thru every case. He got to a point where he ended up restocking the shelf because he had to remove all the items from the case and had nowhere else to put the leftovers.

Interesting enough, the store associate pointed out all the boxes for him and was completely supportive of his process.
BeeTrain is online now   Reply With Quote