Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #791
sarmick01
Canadian Slag
Re: A cool Value Village find ! ^_^

Went in to Value Village here in Brantford and found the bottom half to a movie Bumblebee and the Aveo Swerve missing his head for 2.99
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #792
purple-bot
Yeah, I made that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmick01 View Post
Went in to Value Village here in Brantford and found the bottom half to a movie Bumblebee and the Aveo Swerve missing his head for 2.99
WHAT i just paid $50 for one,

LUCkyyyyyyyyy
Old 08-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #793
Sideslap
Master Shazbot

Went to the one by Kingsway, Picked up a Cybertron Sky Shadow for $3!, electronics work, missing his guns and they had broken one of the wings off it's peg to fit it in the bag but with a bit of glue it's good as new. Left behind a TFTM Arcee minus Missile and Launcher, Half of the clocker Repaint, the galaxy force prime repaint minus gun and missiles (actually had his matrix) and a few minicons.

Whyte Ave VV only seemed to have the TFTM voyager megs missing his arms for $2 and an odd burning smell.
Sideslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #794
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I found a RID(?) Megatron..His main transformation is a 2 headed dragon, but seems to have a bat and several other transformation, however missing a few parts. Also found a Animated Megatron(Leader class hoverjet) missing his arm cannon. Both were 2.99 each.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #795
juxtapose519
Robot Master

In the 2 years I've been checking Value Village (at least once a month, usually twice) I hadn't found a single G1 toy.

I'm happy to report that today I managed to find G1 Guzzle for $2. I just about crapped my pants with excitement. I don't know how you guys find all this good stuff.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #796
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Persistance.

That is the only tip I can give people.

I go 2-3 times a week.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:25 AM   #797
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
Persistance.

That is the only tip I can give people.

I go 2-3 times a week.
Yup, I go through stretches where I'l go four or five times in a week, then I'll take a week off, lol.

I've only found a couple G1 items this past year but all the other Transformers lines I find make up for it.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:32 AM   #798
TFtoys
Animated

or standing outside of their collection centre and see who donates the TF constantly and make the move ^^.

I assumed it would be getting harder and harder to find the TF in VV since more and more collectors see/buy/keep those and won't donate back.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #799
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

This is true but there is always someone who does not what they have. I.E. The mother who cleans up the basement and gets rid of some "old toys" that you had in boxes. OR The vengeful ex who dumps everything you own at a VV. This never happened to me but I have heard of this happening.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #800
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Or be extremely lucky and get there before another collector.

I've seen many things at VV over the course of the few years I've been checking.

There were a couple of Movie figures once or twice, I recall a Blackout one time back in 07 a month or two after the film's release.

I scored a Cruellock and Divebomd set with only one missing Energon Chip for five bucks one time.

I noticed a headless B'Boom there a month or so back, I contemplated picking it up to sell it off for spare parts, but without a head or accessories it wouldn't have been worth it to blow five bucks on.

I've seen more than my share of Playschool Go-Bots there.

They had a huge bag of parts from various toylines, the only reason I remember it at all is because amongst the weapons were a G1 Soundwave's missile and some cassette weapons, I think for Ravage.

SW Transformers, Animated Transformers, but strangely enough I don't recall ever seeing any Armada figures. Except for a few Mini-Cons in a bag once, the entire Road Wrecker Team I think, or half of it at any rate, I would have gotten it seeing as I need that particular team, but I didn't feel like paying five dollars for a bag full of Mini-Cons I already owned just to get one or two figures from an incomplete set of the one I did want.

And of course my huge score of a Loose Incomplete Cybertron Galvatron, he was missing only his cyber planet key, his missles and some small black wing attachments for his vehicle mode and possibly something that attaches to his chest and folds under it in robot mode, more wings or something for his jet mode possibly. I can never find a good enough pic of the toy that shows that area in detail to see if anything's missing. All for the low, low price of 6$ Cheapest Leader I ever bought.

Patience, Perseverence and Luck, those three things will net you a great find.

Never have seen anything G1 related though.