Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-17-2016, 07:38 PM   #11
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Re: What are your thoughts on Titans Return so far?

So the one thought I had to resign myself to was "Every figure is a Headmaster? WTF?" Once I could get past that, quite frankly the entire toyline looks soooo awesome. I just hope we don't end up in repaint hell by the end, like we did with Combiner Wars.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #12
Roadhammer
Wrecker

I like it quite a bit, but I haven't been able to invest as much in it as I'd like so far. I can deal with the smaller sizes, though some of the QC issues like floppy legs or Titanmasters can be a bit annoying. But there's a lot to recommend the line and I'm hoping I'll be able to start getting more figures from it in the near future.
Roadhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #13
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Obvious the minority opinion, but I just have zero interest so far. Never being a fan of 'futuristic' or 'Cybertronian' alt modes doesn't help either, as 2/3s of the figures seem to fall into that category. Don't really like the concept of headmasters and not a fan of how it looks on many of the figures. Thus far the only figure I'm drawn to is Soundwave, and even there it's just for his robot mode. Can't stand the lazy design of his boom box mode, which ironically I think looks great on Blaster (I just don't have any attachment to Blaster as a character). That said, it's nice to see a little variety in the line, and I'm eager to see if something comes along to grab my attention. Had no interest in the new RID line until recent waves, so who knows.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:21 PM   #14
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
So the one thought I had to resign myself to was "Every figure is a Headmaster? WTF?" Once I could get past that, quite frankly the entire toyline looks soooo awesome. I just hope we don't end up in repaint hell by the end, like we did with Combiner Wars.
There's tons of repaints and remolds planned but most of them seem to diverge far enough that I don't think we'll end up in the same place at the end.

I think every deluxe currently out in Canada other than Wolfwire and Mindwipe is planned to be or is a retool. Well, I guess Mindwipe is being repainted into that sweet beasties homage.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:56 PM   #15
Msol
Titanium

Loving the line. Have every deluxe, wheelie, rewind, blaster, and Galvatron.

I have each Titan Master mold, not sure about the negativity. Some of them look great on the deluxes and their little vehicles are cute. For $6 or whatever I've got no complaints.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:14 AM   #16
Armagear
Scamper

Compared to the Combiner Wars stuff, I'd say this is a line that's a breath of fresh air. I am definitely more excited about this line by comparison. The sculpts look good, the detail is awesome. My only gripes are lack of paint and the damn size. They are way to small for a headmaster line. An inche or so would still work with the Titans class I'd think, as I imagine that's why they are the size they are.

When in doubt, Kick It
Armagear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:28 AM   #17
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

I LOVE this line so far. A lot of fun to play around with and for the most part they look good. I also had to get passed the wtf they shouldn't all be headmaster but I'm good now.

Only thing I can't seem to get passed is they all look great other then the tapes for blaster and sw. They look like complete shit imo. Rewind looks decent enough in Bot mode but can't stand for shit and all of their alt modes are just ugly and or lazy..

Everything else I'm loving though.
Don't have wave 2 deluxe yet but weird wolf in pics is looking pretty terrible. I hope he's better then what I'm expecting.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:06 AM   #18
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Awesome.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:10 AM   #19
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I like the line overall, as with each line that's put out there's hit's and misses. For the most part I usually get Takara's version of the figures but Hasbro's offerings like Hardhead win me over, I've got my 3 Sweeps and Takara's will be Scourge. Hasbro's Blurr makes a great Cybertronian Nightbeat as the base plastics really match up well with the little Titan Master. I'm going to attempt removing Blurr's chest and shield paint and seeing what kind of yellow I can put on and how decently I can do it. I dislike painting very much! PMOP will definitely be a Takara purchase.

The drawbacks are for me with the use of certain characters over again but hey trademark laws say "no squatting" lol. After this though I wonder what the next Blaster will look like, this is starting to feel like a peak for his figure as he's as close to G1 as we're going to get so hopefully we're done with him and others for a while after this and it's taken so long for his figure and others to get to this point. Sure there's a few quality niggles but nothing major or unworkable. Glad to see some characters getting there due finally.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:16 AM   #20
optimusb39
Animated

I too noticed the nightbeat colours matched blurr pretty well. I bought the headmaster and intend to pick up another blurr to do a mod too.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote