Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #21
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Re: KOToys going bye-bye.

OMG, why now, after so many repairs to the Van. Ug... I got a 100 filled in a wish shopping kart and no money to click the buy botton. Well life will go on.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:10 PM   #22
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

It's unfortunate, especially for items like the Dinocasettes which HasTak seems extremely unlikely to reproduce. I do hope he reopens in a different, perhaps subtler way, as his site was getting higher and higher in profile.

I really, really hope this isn't a start of a larger move on HasTak's part...iGear should be sweating buckets (along with my pre-orders) and the real scary idea is moves against TFC Toys, MakeToys and Fansproject. Could the party be over? Let's hope not...

I know I've said this before, but I really hope HasTak can start working out licensing deals so the 3rd party can exist and only broaden their brand and product offerings....
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #23
JTCh
Armada

Ordered several things from them, hoping I will receive them. Their reviews on TFW2005 doesn't look too promising though, but I figured I could go through Paypal claims if anything goes wrong.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #24
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Paypal.

The universal ice breaker & condom for even the slipperiest of species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:27 AM   #25
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

hope there will be an outlet for the second set of dino cassettes, nothing else i really want a ko of

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #26
justprime
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
It's unfortunate, especially for items like the Dinocasettes which HasTak seems extremely unlikely to reproduce. I do hope he reopens in a different, perhaps subtler way, as his site was getting higher and higher in profile.

I really, really hope this isn't a start of a larger move on HasTak's part...iGear should be sweating buckets (along with my pre-orders) and the real scary idea is moves against TFC Toys, MakeToys and Fansproject. Could the party be over? Let's hope not...

I know I've said this before, but I really hope HasTak can start working out licensing deals so the 3rd party can exist and only broaden their brand and product offerings....
I don't think Fansproject or makes toys will have a problem as they are makeing toys not copying them so there really is no copyright infringement as for the name transformers is a broad spectrum term someting for lawers to sort out what Big H and Tomy may do is not provide product to those that sell an off brand they have already done this to sellers in Japan that were carring products such as the primar prime (cute little piece must be envy on there big H&T's part for missing the mark here instead lets flood some more recolor Disney mickeys) it will be impossible to stop this flood of KO's from China not that I support Ko's in general but since the parent company is reluctant to reissue pieces like dino cassettes and Headmasters etc that we never had a chance at in europ or North America I welcome these the latest being Minerva/minelba not quite on the mark but close enough to fill a hole in your collection if you cannot fine afford one again a hole the MFG could have easily filled instead of reissue of another ironhide,hoist. etc better yet continue with the reissue's and start with pieces that were not available here offer them to the collector market in a venue that sidesteps the child drop crap I mean really how many bought a R.I.D. brave max here so there is a way just a need for the will.....My rant is done"LOL"
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #27
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I got the high quality KO Constructicons (from Skylynx here, but they're the same toys) and judging by the reviews posted already, they're better than the Encore reissue. I don't know about the other G1 KOs though. Nothing bad to say about my Constructicons, as good as the real deal (actually better since all the joints are tight and the stickers perfect - had the original G1 Devy before, hated his floppyness).
I also have the Devastator set, its pretty impressive! It does have a few small issues, but every re-issue has problems. That and Devastator was not designed very well in the first place, and always had issues.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #28
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
hope there will be an outlet for the second set of dino cassettes
I second this. I just can't justify paying a few grand for the Dino Cassettes.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #29
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Good. That guy is a jerk and selling KO is just bad bad bad.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #30
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I bought a KO transforming Thomas the train for my nephew last last year for christmas....bought it in october......received it in Feb, Merry christmas James...it ended up arriving just before his birthday. No apology just a buncha mouthing off and lies about it arriving very soon. That was my first and last dealings with him. Good riddance criminal.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote