Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
Wheeltron
Maximal
Alternative Transformers Stores

Hey,

I find myself searching Wal-Mart.ca, Toysrus.ca and Target.ca for sales and deals endlessly. Are there some other Canadian retailers that I'm overlooking?

Technically Superstores might have some but I can only think of a handful I know that might carry toys, and Sears.ca has a few options.

I know there must be some places that have a stagnant supply of toys tucked away that would be a good find but I cannot think of any.

Also, it should be possible that some figures are on sale at individual stores and not found in their flyers, yes?

Thanks
Wheeltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
elburrito
Animated
Re: Alternative Transformers Stores

Superstore has had some good ones from time to time. The one in Victoria has a bunch of the Prime 1st edition stuff currently.

Some others on the 'beat' are, Winners, London Drugs and XS Cargo. These are all hit and miss.

Depending on what you are looking for, you might consider the Asian online retailers…HLJ, Nippon-Yasan, Anime-Export, Ami-Ami, Chimungmung, Robot-Kindom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeltron View Post
Hey,

I find myself searching Wal-Mart.ca, Toysrus.ca and Target.ca for sales and deals endlessly. Are there some other Canadian retailers that I'm overlooking?

Technically Superstores might have some but I can only think of a handful I know that might carry toys, and Sears.ca has a few options.

I know there must be some places that have a stagnant supply of toys tucked away that would be a good find but I cannot think of any.

Also, it should be possible that some figures are on sale at individual stores and not found in their flyers, yes?

Thanks

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #3
Abraxys
With full honors.

those 3 are definitely the best to look for cheap prices. As for other stores they do sometimes have random stock, like winners, sears, maybe jean-coutu....but its so dispersed that youll probably pay more. Theres also online retailers, but youll likely pay more. Then theres ebay, which has some of the best deals in the form of lots.

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
Subroutine
Generation 1
Subroutine's Ebay Auctions

Winners.. always check in store you never know. Target rarely puts stuff on sale. Walmart has deals and flips merchandise quickly so its easier to find new stuff in store. Online id deal with Toys r us they always ship fast and have deals more often then walmart. Besides that check out the toy trove. Preorders on most new stuff are up and ships from st.catharines. If theres something you want just ask Todd hes a great dude.
Subroutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #5
Wheeltron
Maximal

Thanks for the suggestions. I just need to be patient, which is a struggle for me. Kijiji has been really good to me so far for local sales, but I won't have that as a good resource over the summer while I'm home.

I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled at all times for anything to come up. Where I am right now there are quite a few stores, mostly comic book ones, which have sizeable TF sections. Of course they're all above retail price which is discouraging.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #6
steamwhistle
Crossover

Canadian Tire had some last Christmas season... It might just be a seasonal thing though. Could still have some residual stock at this point. Might be worth a stop to check if you happen to be going by one.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #7
Wheeltron
Maximal

I know I have seen Transformers at Canadian Tires over the years, but you may be right about the seasonal thing. Their website has like 2 Transformers listings I think. They're selling three Deluxe figures for $50.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/search...q=transformers
Old 03-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #8
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Then there's this beauty you can find on eBay. It's a knock off but made me smile.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformer-...3D251488912142

Dollarama gets Kreons from time to time. Right now they have Star Trek Kreons.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #9
Wheeltron
Maximal

That's true! I'm sure I've seen the little bags of Kreons and Mini-Mates at my Dollarama back home. I'm happy to know that the Wal-Mart at home stocks pretty well. I remember at Christmas just being captivated by the TF section. I was seriously regretting not asking for one for Christmas on Christmas eve, even though I hadn't bought one in years. My sister told me just a couple of weeks ago that Waspinators were stocked there. That was the only character she could identify.

EDIT:
I'm just checking out that XS Cargo store now. I see there's a few local but not very easy to get to. The website says they're stocked with LOTS of minicons. I wonder if they might have other items than the site says..

Last edited by Wheeltron; 03-28-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #10
carissa
Energon

There appears to be a Halifax/Dartmouth, NS group that could give you better answers for local stores:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/group.php?groupid=36

And it appears that the largest comic book/toy store in your area is "Giant Robot Comics" at 114 Woodlawn Road, Dartmouth, NS
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote