Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-23-2015, 08:21 PM   #11
Hellboy
Alternator
Re: confused

I will say that owning the MPs kill my desire to buy anything else. I have been waiting forever for the new MP Starscream to come to North American retail. After him it's just Skywarp and the coneheads. Every other seeker made so far just doesn't measure up to the MP versions.
I saw those platinum edition seekers but I just don't want the original versions... it's why I sold all my old figures and the MPs are what I always wished my TF toys could be like.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #12
Chigimus
Masterpiece

I suppose a good question to ask yourself to help solve your dilemna is to take a hard look in the mirror and really decide what you want your collection to represent?

If it's that you are a "completionist" and want to have every variation of the mold and every possible seeker character, Classics is probably your best route in terms of cost vs quantity.

If it's that you're trying to achieve a collection that reflects showmanship for the highest possible bragging rights, Masterpiece would be that route. MP's are larger, more expensive individually, features more articulation among other bells and whistles that you already know about, etc. Even if you don't obtain them all, what you'll have will always be an impressive and aesthetically pleasing collection to gaze upon. It's the go big or go home kind of show.

So take that as you will and run with whichever direction you feel that best reflects your own personality.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:14 AM   #13
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

TRU Will have Starscream later this year but no one knows what silly paint scheme he will have or what ridiculous price point he will be at I will like to say with the recent mp Bluestreak price increase we will see MP SS at 149.99 and MP UM at 199.99
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:14 AM   #14
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

I dont see how you compare a generations deluxe seeker to a MP seeker. Both are great but are like apples to oranges in both size/style and cost.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:55 AM   #15
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
I dont see how you compare a generations deluxe seeker to a MP seeker. Both are great but are like apples to oranges in both size/style and cost.
The originals were still comparible.

Way back in 2006, I was anticipating buying the 1st MP Starscream. Then in December, the classics Starscream came out. It's perfect mold design was better than the MP with its kibble side pants.

I easily decided to forget the MP in lieu of the Classics for:
-better design. Simpler, yet fantastic
-save money. Lots of it.
-save space.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:56 AM   #16
sachiel_ca
Beasty

Let me know if you go the classics route. I can defiantly help you grow your ranks including a Botcon G2 Thundercracker. Lol
sachiel_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:48 PM   #17
DuG
Titanium

My advice is take your time and collect both. I'm a self proclaimed seeker slut and am actively collecting both. They are both readily available on the secondary market and can be found for great deals here on the sales threads.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:28 PM   #18
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
The originals were still comparible.

Way back in 2006, I was anticipating buying the 1st MP Starscream. Then in December, the classics Starscream came out. It's perfect mold design was better than the MP with its kibble side pants.

I easily decided to forget the MP in lieu of the Classics for:
-better design. Simpler, yet fantastic
-save money. Lots of it.
-save space.
I see your point, but using that logic you might as compare generations Ultra Magnus with the add on City Commander to MP Ultra Magnus. I have both and love them both but each has its own spot in my collection. I was going to use Hotrod/Rodimus in my argument, but as I was typing it I realized that the Generations deluxe Hotrod is a superior design. lol
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #19
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiel_ca View Post
Let me know if you go the classics route. I can defiantly help you grow your ranks including a Botcon G2 Thundercracker. Lol
Does your Generations Classic have the Dr.Wu add-ons. Also on another note, does MP Thundercracker comes with Reflector?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:48 PM   #20
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
TRU Will have Starscream later this year but no one knows what silly paint scheme he will have or what ridiculous price point he will be at I will like to say with the recent mp Bluestreak price increase we will see MP SS at 149.99 and MP UM at 199.99
The way I see it, if the price point is $150 for the NA release, I'm not bothering with Hasbro MPs ever again. Not to say he's not worth it, but for the minor price difference I'd rather get a Takara.

The whole point of Hasbro MPs (for me, anyway) was price point.

They sure got MP10 right in every way except distribution. I hope they do a good job with SS. I would honestly have waited, as MP11 is still pretty pricey. And I don't really mind if he doesn't come with a crown and robe, honestly. I'd rather they figure out a way to fix up that waist lock issue...they seemed to do it with Skywarp. It's still not 100%, but better than my MP11.

If the price is right, I'll probably get the Hasbro SS just so I can have one in alt mode. Who knows, maybe they'll throw in the display stand too like they did with one of the Storms (can't recall).