Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-19-2021, 06:21 PM   #861
counteresperanto
Generation 1
Re: EBgames.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Ractonite is also on his way.
counteresperanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:40 AM   #862
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Oh sweet, Earthrise Huffer is shipping now.
Huffer? I never even saw it on the site....

And they screwed up my last order and I might be missing my pre-order over not being able to reach their support.

My local store is checking, but still no word after 3 days.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:10 PM   #863
Mishap
Machine War

I had an interesting issue with EB Games. The quick version ... I pre-ordered a bunch of Kingdom stuff to pick up at my preferred store, which ended up closing. All outstanding orders were to be transferred to another location. After not hearing anything for a few weeks, I stopped by that store, and found out that I don't have most of those pre-orders anymore. They "transferred" my orders by cancelling the ones for the old location and resubmitting them. And (surprise!) the items were no longer available. Thankfully, there were no Selects on that list and I can scoop the figures elsewhere with a bit of looking. But come on, they're EB Games. They sell video games and toys. If anyone should be able to see that happening, it's them.
Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:41 PM   #864
Lioconvoy81
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
I had an interesting issue with EB Games. The quick version ... I pre-ordered a bunch of Kingdom stuff to pick up at my preferred store, which ended up closing. All outstanding orders were to be transferred to another location. After not hearing anything for a few weeks, I stopped by that store, and found out that I don't have most of those pre-orders anymore. They "transferred" my orders by cancelling the ones for the old location and resubmitting them. And (surprise!) the items were no longer available. Thankfully, there were no Selects on that list and I can scoop the figures elsewhere with a bit of looking. But come on, they're EB Games. They sell video games and toys. If anyone should be able to see that happening, it's them.
I kind of assume that’s what happened to my preorders, as well. Which is fine for me, as I got everything from CMD anyway.
Lioconvoy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:54 PM   #865
delrue
Crossover

Yeah, preordering from EBgames is a risk because that store could go under any day now. The stonks thing didn't save EB, just extended it's life.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:56 PM   #866
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post

EB Games customer service isn't great.

I also think that stores are independently owned/operated, so that'll complicate things.

Still no excuse, but I'm used to not expecting much from them.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:28 PM   #867
Mishap
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I also think that stores are independently
A quick look on the net suggests that all stores are corporately owned. Which makes their actions less acceptable.
Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:41 PM   #868
Tiffster
Classic

I had a similar experience with my Ss86 scourge pre-order which supposed to arrive in store in February. But there was a lockdown. Soon as it ended, I went to the store that told me all preorders where cancelled. I emailed eb games customer service who told me my order was in the system and in store. I told them the store disagreed then eb customer service said the would investigate. Next day I get a call from the store that my scourge was miraculously found and to come get it. So yeah, eb is hit or miss. I've ordered other things that work out fine but all post lockdown.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #869
Tiffster
Classic

Is G2 ramjet an eb exclusive or will others get it?
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:21 PM   #870
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

My preorders to pick up at my local shop (which has now been permanently closed) were moved over to strip mall ebgsmes but they screwed up my orders, never got my primal or cyclonus from ebgames
either. Instead of 1 hotrod and 3 scourges they had 1 scourge snd 2 hotrods which I did not know since I was told that my preoders were going to a different store altogether and when I was told they were in at the other mall location whr I got there only 1 scourge was there and I found out about the screw up. I managed to get my scourges and hotrod fro. Cmd store...sure it cost a little more but I'm sick of all of my preodsrs getting screwed up this year and I don't care about 4 bucks more for a figure if it gets rid of the aggravation that were all dealing with this past year. I've cancelled all instore preorders and I'm just going to have all my preoders shipped to my house, I'm tired of trying to keep on them at the stores to see if they're actually getting my crap in as preoders are supposed to take priority over shipping items for sale at retail as that is the whole point of preorders. I kept seeing items that I've preordered pop up at locations in close by cities instead if fulfilling preoders, unacceptable.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 03-20-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote