Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
miasboytoy
Animated
canada post theft of a package

anyone every have a package stolen or signed for by someone else and never receiving it? did yoiu get reimbursed or did it show up somehow?

my dilemma is that i got it shipped to my place and it never arrived as i was home all day. someone signed for it at 951am which is odd. now im sol and it was shipped as a gift and a value of only $50.

i dunno if ill ever get it and how insurance will work since it was from japan and worth way more.

called canada post and they wont do anything for me and they said i have to contact the sender. wtf talk about passing the buck.....
miasboytoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Yobuster
Alternator
Re: canada post theft of a package

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasboytoy View Post
anyone every have a package stolen or signed for by someone else and never receiving it? did yoiu get reimbursed or did it show up somehow?

my dilemma is that i got it shipped to my place and it never arrived as i was home all day. someone signed for it at 951am which is odd. now im sol and it was shipped as a gift and a value of only $50.

i dunno if ill ever get it and how insurance will work since it was from japan and worth way more.

called canada post and they wont do anything for me and they said i have to contact the sender. wtf talk about passing the buck.....
Join the club, this has happened to me before. First do you live in an apartment? If you do, it is possible the building manager had signed for your package. This happened to me once before where the postman didn't bother to go up to the apartment to knock but just asked the resident manager/ building manager to sign. I then had to track down the resident manager to get my package.

IF there is tracking, it may be possible to determine who had signed for the package.

If you live in a house and don't recognize the name who signed for it, you may be royally screwed since there would be no way to recover and as far as anyone is concerned, it was already signed for.

As for tryign to track the package, CanadaPost says the sender needs to initiate the tracking. Try to get in touch with the retailer and explain the situation to them. Most times they may initiate a request or else just decide to resend the package to you.

Hope this helps.

Feedback @ http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...light=yobuster
Yobuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
miasboytoy
Animated

live in a house and im the only one here, my guess is that they delivered to the wrong house and the person kept my package!! so enraged right now!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
chans formers
raff ow roud

wait till my buddy the ark chimes in,he's got a good rant for you about stuff supposedly being signed/delivered,etc,but no package
Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Ok, that's not right. Seriously, Canada Post must be suffering from too much smoke inhalation or something.

Someone who isn't the person listed by name on the package signed for it and kept the thing and they're not at fault? BULLSHIT!

This bloody well sounds like something the Federal Government should seriously be made aware of. The RCMP, SOMEBODY with legal clout who can do something to rectify this situation. You were robbed, plain and simple, someone who is NOT you clearly made off with something that you paid hard earned money for. It was a transaction plain and simple.

I don't care if it was listed as a GIFT to you, it still involves hard earned money exchanging hands with someone overseas for product.

This is seriously pissing me off. Canada Post is clearly at fault for allowing someone who isn't even you sign off on a package that was meant only for you. The person who signed it TAMPERED WITH THE MAIL, Which is a Federal Offence! I don't even begin to know what to think of the Post Office when they allow shit like this to happen.

Is it any wonder they are losing business to the Courier Services offered in Canada? At least when they fail you in some way you have a better than good chance that they'll accept things as their fault. Or at least I'd optimistically like to think that they would.

Hell, I thought they required you to provide proof of your Identification, I mean they always tell you they need to see something whenever you go to a pick-up place for packages when they fail to deliver. I remember that much about picking up parcels at Seven-Eleven.

UGH. I am done now ranting. But I honestly hope you get some sort of reimbursement for this. I mean I'm certain you still have the proof of what you actually paid for in your e-mail and such, all businesses send out invoices electronically these days to proove what you spent/ordered.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Pascal
Banned

Wait for the mailman tomorrow and confront him.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
miasboytoy
Animated

this is total bs, im almost done ranting. so after calling several times and going to the big sorting depot and then my local post office where my packages go if im not home......

here are some of the retarded polices they told me about

1-anyone one can sign for a package (they dont check id ever, only when picking up at the po, this is so retarded i dunno who came up with this one)
2-if your package gets lost or stolen ,especially an international package, the sender has to file a claim and i cant (if i do file a complaint it just gets closed since the sender didnt file one = more time lost and more time waiting for a package ill never get)
3-they cant look up the address the package was delivered to or addressed to due to privacy laws (how the fuck can i track this down without this info)

so all in all this is how you can steal packages and get away with it!!!! fuck canada post!

chans formers get the ark to post his story in here, everyone should know this! one would figure with signature confirmation this would never happen since you are paying extra to prevent stuff like this from happening!

Last edited by miasboytoy; 04-30-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #8
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Wasn't Canada Post for me, but similar story anyhow:
In 2003-2004, I ordered TWO laptops from FutureShop. Came up to a little over $2k for the two of them. UPS (yes, back when FS used UPS) dropped them off at the wrong address, and left them at the door, unattended. I never saw those laptops, and someone must've gotten 2 free ones. Took me 3+ months to get my money back from FS.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #9
Pascal
Banned

Ouch. I sold a bike (sold $825 plus $145 shipping) recently and UPS left the box at the door. I swear to God mental retardation is a prerequisite to work for UPS.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Did you check with your neighbors if they got it?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote