Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #11
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Official War for Cybertron (Siege-Earthrise-Kingdom) Thread - Release Date/Discus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
Oh, you bring up a really good point. If this list could include a case breakdown it would really help with us knowing what's out in the wild and how much of something has been previously put out on the shelf just by looking at shelf warmers.
This is something I never find as often as I'd like
I wouldn't mind if there was a nice concrete place to go for case assortments
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #12
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Official War for Cybertron (Siege-Earthrise-Kingdom) Thread - Release Date/Discus

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
This is something I never find as often as I'd like
I wouldn't mind if there was a nice concrete place to go for case assortments
I'll have to look up what they come in, either thru BBTS or Entertainment Earth for the wave case assortment.

There was only so much I could do in the 3 hours when I made and edited the thread.

For all the smart mouths out there who can use a wiki, go right ahead, I'm sure you can find out where that US retailer exclusive will be found.

This thread is to help Canadian collectors know where to find a Canadian seller for certain US exclusives.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:26 PM   #13
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Thanks for this! It's a great reference for the specific figures I'm looking out for.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:04 PM   #14
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
I'll have to look up what they come in, either thru BBTS or Entertainment Earth for the wave case assortment.

There was only so much I could do in the 3 hours when I made and edited the thread.

For all the smart mouths out there who can use a wiki, go right ahead, I'm sure you can find out where that US retailer exclusive will be found.

This thread is to help Canadian collectors know where to find a Canadian seller for certain US exclusives.
Thanks for your hard work! Will help a lot!
Old 09-06-2020, 10:55 PM   #15
Malechai
Machine War

This is a great thread thanks! Bookmarked
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:31 PM   #16
Iron Moose
Knows things

My Siege Crosshairs came from EB.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:35 PM   #17
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

FYI, there is a restock/reissue of Omega Supreme and Jetfire coming at either the end of 2020 (Hasbro Pulse) or start of 2021 (Entertainment Earth), so I hope that the big chain retailers here will get them as well.

Don't be crying/aching over the $300+ prices on eBay or resellers for Omega.

Jetfire is still easily found in the GTHA here, but not so much Omega.

As for the poor distribution, it's been gradually getting worse over the years. But the pandemic has made it much worse. For the last few toylines, Walmart has usually gotten the newer waves way sooner than TRU (With TRU not getting some later waves at all sometimes).

The good thing for Siege/Earthrise is that all 3 major retailers here are getting new waves at around the same time, which is healthier competition, since TRU has the occasion sales, and EB Games had the Edge card discount. Ever since TRU USA filled for bankruptcy, Walmart here has barely had any sales/rollbacks on TFs anymore, not counting the occasional clearance of the end of a TF toyline, but it is very random/depends on each store (great deals though, such as 2 cent Battle Masters).

Covid-19 had slowed the operations of many of the retailers though, straight from Hasbro's supply chain to reaching the shelves, everything is distributing at a much slower pace now, so have patience.

Like a lot of other members, I've never seen certain waves at all in stores, like Singe or the Generations Selects cassettes

And speaking of Generation Selects, once a new figure had been announced, it's more of a game of hedging your bets by:

- Order from Hasbro Pulse or the US merchant exclusive directly
- Order from a Canadian online merchant
- Wait and hope that it is sold at either TRU or EBgames

Option #3 is the method in order to pay the lowest price possible (TRU sale or EB Edge card discount), but you're leaving it to chance, and it is the most time-invested option to keep checking for pre-orders or online listings over and over... So, how valuable is your time for a 10%-20% discount?
Old 09-06-2020, 11:38 PM   #18
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Moose View Post
My Siege Crosshairs came from EB.
Thanks, updated
Old 09-07-2020, 12:23 AM   #19
RocketGTR
Animated

Great thread! Thanks for the hardwork.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:39 AM   #20
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Thanks for the breakdown!

Its interesting lookin’ back at how/when the other waves were released. ... Gives a good indicator of what to expect from Kingdom
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote