Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #2441
thebobkat
Canadian Slag
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
Speaking of Facebook, what're your guys' thoughts on this whole Spacebridge thing?

This Paul Hitchens guy is a UK collector who buys up G1 prototypes and other bits like scripts and such and is asking for "Likes" on his page to reveal more protos and so on.

Over on the Allspark a bunch of people are throwing a fit, while others are more relaxed about it (well at least I think so).

So yeah, do you think it's cool to hold these photos hostage until the guy gets enough likes? Or are you like me and liked the page because it doesn't actually cost me any time or effort, and don't really care about his motivations?
I don't see why anyone would need to make a big stink about it...seems like a neat page, and it doesn't look like he's selling anything, and just trying to get fans involved. Is it partly selfish? Sure, he's trying to get more likes. It's his page, he can do what he wants...if someone doesn't like it they can ignore and move on. Just my 2 cents.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #2442
CKWG
Masterpiece

Quote:
Speaking of Facebook, what're your guys' thoughts on this whole Spacebridge thing?

This Paul Hitchens guy is a UK collector who buys up G1 prototypes and other bits like scripts and such and is asking for "Likes" on his page to reveal more protos and so on.

Over on the Allspark a bunch of people are throwing a fit, while others are more relaxed about it (well at least I think so).

So yeah, do you think it's cool to hold these photos hostage until the guy gets enough likes? Or are you like me and liked the page because it doesn't actually cost me any time or effort, and don't really care about his motivations?
Looks like whoever did that facebook page just want some attention, that's all.
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #2443
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Meh, who cares. Think of all the rare stuff we'll probably never get to see because it's in the hands of private collectors who aren't interested in sharing. So this guy wants to raise his online profile and have some fun in the process, big deal. Businesses do it all the time with promotions and product reveals. It's the nature of Facebook. It's not like they never intend to show the stuff. It's hardly any different (and actually better, IMO) than all the teasers 3rd parties like to throw us.

People sure do like to get outraged over nothing these days...
Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #2444
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans4mers View Post
FB was just a suggestion. True not everyone uses FB. If we were to organize a gathering, we need to figure a way to keep the numbers reasonable. I don't think Venksta wants 50 people storming his place if he opens up his place for a gathering haha!
I'd like to limit it to those of us active here, and not open to any lurkers. As well, the place we decide to meet will always limit how many people can show up. So we'd have to make some sort of reservation system (a simple PM to the organizer) so we know how many people are coming. If its open to anyone to drop in, it could get out of hand quickly. I'm thinking 20-30 people would be a good number. Maybe a bit more, depending on the place we meet at.

Quote:

That prototype G2 Laser Prime trailer is awesome! Too bad it didn't get released.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #2445
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Hey guys. Just want to throw a bottle out to the ocean to see if anyone have recently seen Mighty Muggs Soundwave and Shockwave in store or if anyone is selling one at reasonable price.

Scott had loads of MM at the flea market before but I was low on cash. Should've bought them and skipped meals. LOL.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:02 AM   #2446
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
I'd like to limit it to those of us active here, and not open to any lurkers. As well, the place we decide to meet will always limit how many people can show up. So we'd have to make some sort of reservation system (a simple PM to the organizer) so we know how many people are coming. If its open to anyone to drop in, it could get out of hand quickly. I'm thinking 20-30 people would be a good number. Maybe a bit more, depending on the place we meet at.

Anyone ever see the 2001 movie Ghost World? There's a scene where Steve Buscemi is hosting a party for people in his record collecting group. Looking back at the small TF meetups we had at Gotham Collectables, I couldn't help but think we're totally like those guys! (but cooler!) Haha, yeah, just had to point that out.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:01 AM   #2447
silvciv888
Machine War

whatever happened to gotham? did they shut down?
silvciv888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:44 AM   #2448
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvciv888 View Post
whatever happened to gotham? did they shut down?

Yup, their gone. They had a soft shut down, before fully closing down. They were a fun shop in the beginning, but after they moved, I started losing interest with them. My last visit was very bad. Went to pickup a statue which I was originally told was $135 at time of ordering, but they then told me it was $175 at pickup, but would consider a small discount, ignoring their original pricing. Slap in the face for someone who supported them from the beginning.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:23 AM   #2449
Msol
Titanium

Yeah, they kinda struck me as being like that. I don't think I ever bought any TFs from them. Too pricey and way too firm on their prices. Ah well.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #2450
silvciv888
Machine War

what's not too pricey and firm is my misb foc grimlock
silvciv888 is offline   Reply With Quote