Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #311
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: MP Soundwave @ TRU.CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangard Ace View Post
Not working for me. I think your page may be cached.

Good thing I got a couple of PO for him. Still not sure why I ordered a second one...
Ah, yea... cleared my cache, and it no longer works hmm... I wonder if I could have still ordered from the cached page... guess I'll never know...

I'm sure you could re-sell the 2nd one (at-cost?) to someone that didn't catch the pre-order.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #312
Hawkeye
Generation 2

It's somewhat encouraging that they put up a second round of pre-orders. It implies that they have (or expect to have) enough stock to fulfil them all.
On the other hand, I don't remember if this happened for the last Optimus MP. Were there several rounds of preorders for that one too?
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #313
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuskers View Post
If you buy 3 transformers that qualify ... or spend 99 dollars. AS alone does not qualify for the free shipping
Thanks for the info.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #314
infinite_virtue
Generation 1

The links worked for me, but when I tried to check out, I got an error. I could only go as far as adding it to my cart.
infinite_virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #315
agent420
Generation 1
agent420's Ebay Auctions

Seems to be a 3 per customer limit now on the pre-orders.

Makes me wonder how many units they have?

Are Hasbro MP Soundwave and Acid Storm "less rare" than Hasbro MP Prime and other Takara MP's?
agent420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #316
BoNKerS
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
I skimmed through almost all of the posts and I have to say....WOW.

Bitching and moaning about coupons and dented boxes and "sigh I guess I'll order online"...Yes I know people are entitled to there opinions (sadly)...but just wow. All over a TOY!

I give a big thumbs up to those that are grateful they're not paying aftermarket MP10 prices. I know I am. Also very relieved to not have to waste my time dashing off to stores, or constantly calling.

Just saying, can't we just be happy to be offered what we asked for?

CHEERS! I'm PRAISING TRU as they deserve credit for this. I'll be happy with Masterpieces being all Pre-Orders online going forward. I understand the thrill of the hunt sure... As long as all who pre-ordered does get the MP what's the issue?

The pre-order has been up for some time and if you miss this one then... you miss out...

Coupon blah blah blah... I dont hear the people who bought the Takara version crying... THEY PAID MORE! Here we are at $119.99 for all cassette's! COME ONNNN!!! (If the takara folks are crying I do understand where they are coming from as I might shed a tear $119.99!!)

SO MANY of members complained about the Grim and Brut set and dare to talk about perceived VALUE? REALLY? Try to get your coupon I'm cool with that... but if they do not apply it just look at the value and be HAPPY for ONCE!

Last edited by BoNKerS; 08-08-2013 at 09:56 AM.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #317
San Fran
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
It's somewhat encouraging that they put up a second round of pre-orders. It implies that they have (or expect to have) enough stock to fulfil them all.
On the other hand, I don't remember if this happened for the last Optimus MP. Were there several rounds of preorders for that one too?
As far as I remember, there was never a pre-order offered on ToysRUs.ca for Hasbro's MP-10 Optimus Prime.

All I remember was it popped up for sale online, some were able to get their orders in, and some people submitted orders, but ended up being cancelled or the checkout didn't work...

Everyone else had to try their hand at locating one in store...most stores only ever received 2 to 4 of them. With the exception being some Toys R Us locations that recently opened at the time of the MP-10 release and apparently were allocated a lot more stock than most stores.

Ultimately, it was a total sh!tshow.
San Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #318
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent420 View Post
Seems to be a 3 per customer limit now on the pre-orders.

Makes me wonder how many units they have?

Are Hasbro MP Soundwave and Acid Storm "less rare" than Hasbro MP Prime and other Takara MP's?
I'd say that everything is going to be less rare than MP10 Prime.

Fans have just been over-reactive in their 'OMG MP10 all over again' reaction to MP Soundwave (and Titan Metroplex), which is sort of funny when the items aren't even released yet.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #319
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Both pre-orders are back up and this time with pics
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #320
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Admittedly though, TRU only has so much stock that they're getting in. I have to wonder what percentage of said stock the online orders are gonna chew through - he might not be as available at retail as we think because of that.

(Conversely, a LOT of people are ordering online, so that's that many less people hunting in stores for one.)