Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > Toys and Collectibles

Old 01-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
RavageX-9
Generation 2
RavageX-9's Ebay Auctions
is Wal-Mart Canada getting WoW figures?

I'm stuck with the bus strikes and the only store I can get to is a Wal-Mart, which has no WoW figures. I've seen them at Zellers and my comic book shop, but I can't get there. I wanted to grab the Draenei. It's the latest wave, wave 3. (with a male blood elf paladin, female priest (with pitch-black skin), forsaken male rogue, and female draenei mage)

edit: well, it's not so important now... I called the comic book shop and they restocked, so there's plenty, plus I had one reserved anyways.

So who's into these WoW figures? As someone who hasn't done a lot of end-game raiding (who would be familiar with all the equipment sets), I love these figures. (even though I hear there's a Gnome with the legendary Ashbringer sword)
Apparently they're from the (lame) comic book that's being put out, but I don't really care. They look cool for the most part.
I'm so psyched to have a Draenei female figure! JOYGASM! AND we're getting a Naga female next wave as the deluxe (larger, more expensive figure) Lady Vashj! Other than the old-lady hands, she looks gorgeous. (my same complaint about Illidan. He looks like an old lady too. Wrinkly and scowly. Blech! I always got the sense he was a pretty-boy. Demonic pretty-boy, like Sephiroth except without the bishonen.)
The paint is pretty sloppy, but the sculpting is amazing. (the bad paint is especially noticeable on the wave 1 female Blood Elf rogue. goopy paint EVERYWHERE. Does anyone know if it's possible to remove this paint and reapply less thick paint? or is it the kind of oil-based paint that's bonded right to the plastic?)

Last edited by RavageX-9; 01-21-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict
Re: is Wal-Mart Canada getting WoW figures?

I haven't seen them at Walmart but Zellers and The Bay I've seen a lot of them. I only bought the first wave of these figures. I would like to buy more but I just don't have the room for them.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: is Wal-Mart Canada getting WoW figures?

I'm never seen them at Zeller/Bay, I guess I should look harder. :-)

They're nice, but expensive. I'll admit I don't have any, but then again I'm not a WOW player, just a Warcraft/Starcraft fan. I have a Zerg Hydralisk figure. I just wish I bought that Protoss Zealot back when it first came out. :-(

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!