Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #161
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Re: Masterpiece Grimlock confirmed for Toys R Us Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Yeah, you'll probably get a generic response or nothing at all, and then a couple days later most of us will get shipping confirmations.
Today I got a response to my email, and it was basically a generic form letter like you predicted. Not very illuminating. Let's hope he, Grimlock, starts shipping sometime soon.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #162
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

^^Yah, I thought that's why they are not to be shipped or sold in Quebec?
Old 06-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #163
Karifore
Generation 1

Seeing as how they took away the sale price on MP-3 soon after the pre-orders first went up, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to hold back their inventory and send out back-order notices to everyone so no one would be able to get a price adjustment with the sale on this week. Just a thought...
Old 06-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #164
MULTIPLEX

It's almost like they are putting up preorders to gauge the demand. Then they order the inventory from Hasbro to fulfill the preorders. Whatever, I just want one Sunstorm. Please TRU, put up the preorder!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #165
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karifore View Post
Seeing as how they took away the sale price on MP-3 soon after the pre-orders first went up, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to hold back their inventory and send out back-order notices to everyone so no one would be able to get a price adjustment with the sale on this week. Just a thought...
That makes a lot of sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Old 06-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #166
Wheeltron
Maximal

This is the response I received to mine for anyone interested. Nothing too valuable tho.

"
Thank you for contacting Toys“R”Us regarding the . I understand your concerns with the pricing for order #3425009045.

There are several factors that influence the price of US retail goods and may cause the variation in price between the Canada and US online stores. These factors are associated with freight costs, import duties and taxes, and language translation for product packaging. Additionally, the manufacturer's cost, resulting from lower volumes of product and the higher cost of labour, may also play a role in pricing. Because of these higher costs, we are not always able to meet the retail prices seen in the US.

If there is anything else we can assist with, please feel free to call the number listed below or just respond to this email. Thank you again for contacting Toys “R” Us. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future!

Sincerely,

Kristian3961
Toys “R” Us Customer Service Team"
Old 06-04-2014, 12:44 AM   #167
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karifore View Post

Give that man the key to autobot city.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:59 AM   #168
MULTIPLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeltron View Post
This is the response I received to mine for anyone interested. Nothing too valuable tho.

"
Thank you for contacting Toys“R”Us regarding the . I understand your concerns with the pricing for order #3425009045.

There are several factors that influence the price of US retail goods and may cause the variation in price between the Canada and US online stores. These factors are associated with freight costs, import duties and taxes, and language translation for product packaging. Additionally, the manufacturer's cost, resulting from lower volumes of product and the higher cost of labour, may also play a role in pricing. Because of these higher costs, we are not always able to meet the retail prices seen in the US.

If there is anything else we can assist with, please feel free to call the number listed below or just respond to this email. Thank you again for contacting Toys “R” Us. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future!

Sincerely,

Kristian3961
Toys “R” Us Customer Service Team"
Sounds like a canned response...insert your order # here...copy and paste.

The price difference is actually not the issue. TRU US messed up the price. They used the old price from 2010. That's why they jacked it up to $79 now. So actually there is only a $20 difference which is much more reasonable. The real issue is where the hell is the preorder link gone?
Old 06-04-2014, 11:05 PM   #169
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

What do we want? We want our Grimlocks. When do we want them? Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Old 06-05-2014, 12:01 AM   #170
Big Filipino
Protectobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Sounds like a canned response...insert your order # here...copy and paste.

The price difference is actually not the issue. TRU US messed up the price. They used the old price from 2010. That's why they jacked it up to $79 now. So actually there is only a $20 difference which is much more reasonable. The real issue is where the hell is the preorder link gone?
When you factor in the exchange rate, the difference is even smaller (say $10-$12) pre-tax between the US and CAD prices.
Closed Thread