Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-22-2015, 12:22 AM   #661
Gumby
Beasty
Re: Combiner Wars/Generations

Very excited for the new G1 style Bruticus. That just leaves who else to be made?

Predaking, Computron, Abominus....
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:58 AM   #662
Pascal
Banned

Somehow I don't find the new CW reveals all that exciting (except for Sky Lynx), but I bet I'll end up getting most of them anyway.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:46 AM   #663
Nguyennh
Generation 2

sold all my Classics before the combiner wars started....im very excited for the new stuff. Just like that im back into collecting TF....i cant ever give it up completely....im torn between switching my pre-order of devy from hasbro to tak...but im afraid of the shipping for that beast from japan.
Nguyennh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:04 AM   #664
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I think I like my Stunticons better as individuals than as Menasor. Brake-neck looks really cool standing next to Offroad! Their matching grey and contrasting secondary color really make them a neat little unit!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:22 AM   #665
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
I think I like my Stunticons better as individuals than as Menasor. Brake-neck looks really cool standing next to Offroad! Their matching grey and contrasting secondary color really make them a neat little unit!
Yeah, I don't get the idea that now that we have Wildrider, Offroad has to be kicked off the team.
Personally, in my group, Offroad simply becomes the Stunticon's scout/alternate limb. His alt/mode makes him better suited for scout work than any of the others, and if any of them get taken out, they still have 4 guys who can become limbs.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #666
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Sky Lynx is very small in person. Shuttle mode was the best of all modes. There is a fourth Lynx mode, they just left it out of the instructions as an easter egg to long time fans. This is going to be a figure I will gladly wait on for a $10 Voyager sale.

I was very surprised how well the Optimus Maximus limbs turned out. Sunstreaker and Prowl looking the best of the four. I could care less about another Voyager Optimus as well. Star Convoy head does nothing for me. We will see what Takara does with it.

Combaticons look great combined and as individuals., with the exception of Blast-off - who is just a repaint of Slingshot. The others look great, Brawl looking the best of them all. I'll gladly eat the foot sandwich I have coming for being so certain the Combaticons wouldn't have a new mold. Brawl will look even better in tank mode when the fist is attached to the back ala the toy and show. Swindle looks good, but he might not be for everyone, same with Onslaught. Vortex is a straight up repaint but it works perfectly, with the exception of his arms. Those yellow missiles are terrible looking.

Combined he looks good and even better with Shockwave as his weapon. I won't preorder these as they are wave 1 for 2016 and will be easy to find for a while. On top of that, one of the Takara designers (can't think of his name) has such a hard on for the Combaticons that there is little doubt in my mind that the Takara version will get a shuttle mode Blast off and a properly painted Shockwave.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else they will tease in San Diego. I'm hoping they will finally show the Technobots but who knows what other curve balls they will throw at us.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:03 PM   #667
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Yeah, I don't get the idea that now that we have Wildrider, Offroad has to be kicked off the team.
Personally, in my group, Offroad simply becomes the Stunticon's scout/alternate limb. His alt/mode makes him better suited for scout work than any of the others, and if any of them get taken out, they still have 4 guys who can become limbs.
I have a plan for all of the "alternate" members of the combiner teams. Once I get Brake-Neck, Quickslinger, deluxe Groove, etc., the stand-ins fall prey to Cyclonus and his mind control, and join forces to form Galvatronus.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #668
Gumby
Beasty

It's great that we are finally getting Pipes- and while I'm not of the camp that complain and moan when photos of upcoming figures get released- I just wish he actually had pipes.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:36 PM   #669
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

My only concern in the end is it's looking like we're going to end up with too many torsos and not enough (unique) limbs.

So far, we have 1 extra limb from each of Superion, Menasor and Defensor (Alpha Bravo, Offroad, Rook). We have new combiners announced, but those appear to be full "sets" of 5 for now (Bruticus, Optimus Maximus, Sky Reign, Victorion).

That leaves us with (red) Optimus Prime and Cyclonus as torsos, with only the 3 "spare" limbs listed above. Without any new annoucements, we won't be able to put everyone in Combiner-mode without buying doubles of certain characters.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #670
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

When I read that Cyclonus has mind control that is why he can combine I was just like well that is kind of a lazy explanation
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote