Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-08-2021, 02:04 PM   #531
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

A Restocking Fee would suggest that you had the Stock to begin with...
Old 06-08-2021, 02:19 PM   #532
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

if i, as a niche retailer, take orders for an item and place my order with the distributor/manufacturer based on those order only to have cancellations I am then left with product that pose a risk of not being sold. This seems like a valid "reasonable person" justification for stocking fees on product that is not in hand yet.

just playing devils advocate
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 02:49 PM   #533
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
if i, as a niche retailer, take orders for an item and place my order with the distributor/manufacturer based on those order only to have cancellations I am then left with product that pose a risk of not being sold. This seems like a valid "reasonable person" justification for stocking fees on product that is not in hand yet.

just playing devils advocate
I see what you're saying there, however most of these small retailers will put in an order with the distributer first, for say 25 units, then put those 25 units up on their site. If they sell out quickly, then they will go back to the distributer and try and get more. Very rarely do they take orders then make their purchase, as there's a chance they won't be able to purchase enough and then will have to cancel customer orders, which nobody wants to do.
Old 06-08-2021, 03:19 PM   #534
BeeTrain
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
That's probably if the item is available and the buyer cancels the order. Pretty much all the cases here involve customers never receiving their orders. How can you charge a restocking fee for something that you don't actually have? There's nothing to restock.
Yep i was just responding to the legality of a restocking fee. In NMC's case, it's hard to restock an item that was never received... UNLESS... they use the scenario of a pre-order being a "specially ordered item". I assume this would be their defense
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:39 PM   #535
Melomeca
Generation 2

I wonder, can you guys ask for the distributer and message them directly to see if actual order were sent? cause that would tell who's at fault no?
Melomeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:55 PM   #536
enforcedformula
Generation 1
enforcedformula's Ebay Auctions

I actually pre-ordered some Power Rangers Figures here in September 2020 because of the price. It took till April to get them after multiple delays. Overall I might not pre-order from them anymore but I was always getting responses from their Customer support every time I asked for any update on the figures status.
enforcedformula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:31 PM   #537
Slayback
Animated

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90b18

For those who might want to look into this further. It could be argued that he misrepresents himself/store saying that he can provide a product, but in reality cannot within a timely fashion.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:26 PM   #538
Baryonyx
Armada

Anyone ordering from this clown at this point should realize they're dealing with a circus.
Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:53 PM   #539
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeTrain View Post
Yep i was just responding to the legality of a restocking fee. In NMC's case, it's hard to restock an item that was never received... UNLESS... they use the scenario of a pre-order being a "specially ordered item". I assume this would be their defense

The thing that might save him is that he's not always calling it a restocking fee. When I dealt with him it was a fee to cover the Paypal vendor charges he incurs because my original transaction was processed.

The amounts still didn't line up, but I could see him arguing that he doesn't actually specify that it's always a restock fee. If I look at his site's FAQ now the pre-order cancellation says the 5% is for covering transaction fees and not a "restocking" fee.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:18 PM   #540
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

There has to be laws in place to protect the consumer from illegitimate product sales otherwise it would be rampant... It might just fall under fraud and given how long the credit card companies have been letting this go on they could just be building a case against him.

It is rare for distributors to cancel an order after confirming numbers with their vendors, this system is why we have accurate preorders. A rare case of this happened recently with Captain Rex of Black Series but its documented everywhere that this was the reason for canceled pre-orders. This rare situation appears to be happening consistently with NMC. It is my belief he is taking pre-orders with the intention of never fulfilling them and this "restocking" fee is fraud.

He will have to prove he's actually ordering the products he's accepting money for if they go after him.

Last edited by Ransak The Elder; 06-08-2021 at 10:00 PM.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote